Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudCoder

5 nights at HR = 2500 bonus points
5 nights at HP = 3500 bonus points
5 nights of hotel hopping between HR and HP, i.e. HP-HR-HP-HR-HP = 5500 bonus points
5 nights of hopping between two different HPs = 7500 bonus points

HRs are 1,000 per night. It's only HH and HP that are 500.

I would probably value a Hyatt point at more than an AA mile as well, but it can still be worth hopping between HPs, especially those locations that have a HH and HP next door to each other...
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:43 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by craigthemif
HRs are 1,000 per night. It's only HH and HP that are 500.

I would probably value a Hyatt point at more than an AA mile as well, but it can still be worth hopping between HPs, especially those locations that have a HH and HP next door to each other...
Oops, my mistake, I;ll fix my post. Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Would guest of honor bookings earn promotional points for the recipient, assuming the receipient's account is attached to the reservation? Would love to see the Hyatt Concierge weigh in with the official word on this.

It seems that the likely should per this promo's T&Cs , as effectively the member is receiving points and then using them for a qualifying (i,e, booked on points) night.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
There are two promotions going on.

One promotion is per NIGHT. It's 1000 bonus points at full service (HR etc) and 500 points at HP and HH.

The other promotion awards 1000 points (either Hyatt or AA, your choice) per STAY at HP.

5 nights at HR = 5000 bonus points
5 nights at HP = 3500 bonus points
5 nights of hotel hopping between HR and HP, i.e. HP-HR-HP-HR-HP = 6500 bonus points
5 nights of hopping between two different HPs = 7500 bonus points

A bit of math will determine if it's worthwhile for your particular situation. Most people won't fool with hotel hopping. I say this because FD staff always seem surprised to see me baaaack every 2nd day. If hotel hopping were commonplace, they wouldn't be surprised.
Not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but the 1,000 points from the HH/HP promotion are ONLY AA miles. Even though they show up as 1,000 Hyatt points on the Hyatt website, they are not added to your total point balance.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:53 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tkelsay
Not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but the 1,000 points from the HH/HP promotion are ONLY AA miles. Even though they show up as 1,000 Hyatt points on the Hyatt website, they are not added to your total point balance.
Thanks, I was unaware of that detail. I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that you could opt for AA miles or WoH points (just like we could do "back in the good old days").

Still, a Hyatt point and an AA mile are approximately the same value, so the math remains usable.

Compare this to some programs (like Choice Hotels) where the value of an individual point is almost nil.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
"a Hyatt point and an AA mile are approximately the same value"

At worse, I value my Hyatt points twice as much as AA miles (and that is assuming I am able to score a rare super sAAver award). But this is a case where YMMV (I value First/Business classes so low that I never go for it either with cash or points, even though typically the AA point redemption value can be better on paper if you book F or J award tickets).

Right now, I would rather take the 1000 Hyatt points at a HR than 500 Hyatt Points and 1000 AA miles at a HP when given the choice. Though, one always got to beware and calculate for the 25,000 hyatt promo limit, and you might very have enough nights that that limit will be hit regardless, so you might as well bank a stash of AA miles in the process.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
... but it can still be worth hopping between HPs, especially those locations that have a HH and HP next door to each other...
Don't mean to threadjack, but how common is this? The only one I've seen/stayed at is near FLL.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Don't mean to threadjack, but how common is this? The only one I've seen/stayed at is near FLL.
That's the one I was thinking of when I made comment. But you're right, I have no idea how many there are and that could actually be the only one.

Since many of the HHs are Summerfield conversions, there's no logical reason for them to have been co-located with new HPs or converted AmeriSuites.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Seems like the wording on the promo just mentions that you need to checkout by May 15th. Not that your stay must end on that date. I checked back in same day. Worked at first but then the points were edited. Think I have a legitimate argument here?
Old May 21, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by dkmatter
Seems like the wording on the promo just mentions that you need to checkout by May 15th. Not that your stay must end on that date. I checked back in same day. Worked at first but then the points were edited. Think I have a legitimate argument here?
Can't blame you for trying, but no I don't think you have a legitimate argument. Regardless of the semantics, consecutive nights at the same property are considered a single stay and GP/WoH has always defined checkout as actually leaving the hotel.
joe_miami likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by dkmatter
It's probably worthwhile to contact World of Hyatt Concierge about this. Explain that the rules said you need to checkout by May 15th, which you did. (Omit the part about checking back in.) Can't hurt to ask. Keep expectations low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.