Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I do read the T&Cs.

And I quote:
"An “Eligible Rate” is defined as any hotel or resort room rate published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash Award (as defined in Appendix B)) or, for Miraval properties, published by Miraval. A portion of an Eligible Rate may reflect taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party charges for certain included items, and those costs may not be eligible for points. “Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards (as defined in Appendix B), ), complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book), traditional wholesale rates (examples include, without limitation, GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. (A “contracted room” is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel or resort and a corporation, government agency, or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time.) "
This post is a good reminder that free nights are not free. We're paying for them via higher rates. Double paying, actually, because credit card benefits are also ultimately paid through higher room rates.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I went to register and got a message that the offer had already been redeemed??????
I got that too. Maybe I had already enrolled previously, I don't remember.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by antonius66
To me, a promo should drive business. 1k points per night will not drive anyone to stay extra nights. We will just get a bonus on existing stays or stuff we were booking anyway. Give me a reason to stay more.
Alternatively, promotions could be a way to make sure you are not losing business. I received a SPG targeted promotion that would have been 2K extra points per stay that was going to impact my stay pattern this quarter. With this promotion, I will not need to do so.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Isn't it clear? This promotion proves, beyond a doubt that WoH is going under and that Hyatt is circling the drain. This promo, along with their logo, are what is wrong with this world, why can't things be like they used to be, I loved the past, it was so reassuring and looking back, provided me with so much certainty. I will reluctantly register for this promotion from my suite upgrade at the HR Toronto, but I don't have to like it. I'm seriously thinking of taking all my business to another chain where loyalty isn't defined by how much you stay, but how much you spend.
You realize them giving someone globalist for spending $20,000 a year on Hyatt IS them defining loyalty by how much you spend... right? Don't want to spend a lot? Fine, then stay a lot and you'll get the same loyalty benefits. Seriously, take a chill pill, buddy.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I'd been wavering between booking some upcoming award stays with Hyatt vs SPG, and this bonus actually made the difference. Six nights now with Hyatt.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:55 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I do read the T&Cs.

And I quote:
"An “Eligible Rate” is defined as any hotel or resort room rate published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash Award (as defined in Appendix B)) or, for Miraval properties, published by Miraval. A portion of an Eligible Rate may reflect taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party charges for certain included items, and those costs may not be eligible for points. “Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards (as defined in Appendix B), ), complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book), traditional wholesale rates (examples include, without limitation, GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. (A “contracted room” is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel or resort and a corporation, government agency, or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time.) "

Appendix A, 1. Earning Points, Part 5. Base Points and Bonus Points: Eligible Rate

And, if you read the rest of the Terms of Conditions, it states over and over and over again the benefits that come when members stay at "Eligible rates", such as earning status, being able to redeem club access and TSU awards, when resort fees are waived, etc., without any need to state that "pt+Cash" is an 'eligible rate' because the above quoted text already described it as such.
The T&Cs distinguish between Eligible Rate and Points+Cash in multiple places, including club access and suite upgrade awards. For example:

C.II.a - In-hotel Benefits are provided only where, for the applicable night, the elite Member (a) has paid an Eligible Rate or (b) has redeemed a Free Night Award, Room Upgrade Award, or Points + Cash Award.

C.IV.d.2 - Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights.

C.V.h.2 - Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by skj
The T&Cs distinguish between Eligible Rate and Points+Cash in multiple places, including club access and suite upgrade awards. For example:

C.II.a - In-hotel Benefits are provided only where, for the applicable night, the elite Member (a) has paid an Eligible Rate or (b) has redeemed a Free Night Award, Room Upgrade Award, or Points + Cash Award.

C.IV.d.2 - Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights.

C.V.h.2 - Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights.
Okay, so you got three spots where they add it in with other award types.

Also:
B.II.b.2 " A Member may earn a “5-Brand Free Night Award” after paying an Eligible Rate for a completed stay ..." No mention here of pts+cash, but as an eligible rate (as defined above), we know it counts.
C.I.a. "A Member may earn elite status based on the number of nights the Member (i) stays at a Hyatt hotel or resort or an M life Rewards destination; (ii) pays an Eligible Rate or redeems a Free Night Award; and (iii) associates his or her valid Program membership number..." Again. No mention here of pts+cash, but as an eligible rate (as defined above), we know it counts.
C.V.l "Resort or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. (As described in Appendix B, resort or facility fees are waived for all Members when staying on a Free Night Award.) " Again. No mention here of pts+cash, but as an eligible rate (as defined above), we know it counts.

My point? Not to annoy everyone, only to point out that cash+pts always has counted as eligible rates.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:46 pm

I'm in the middle of a 6-night stay. Will this drag in nights previous to Feb 15 since I'll be checking out tomorrow?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by roder
Regardless, better than nothing.
A single bonus point per night would fit that criterion.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good promo ^ but I would not have known if it were not for this thread. No notice from WoH.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
He was being facetious.
I was being a complete arse, much like many of the over reactions to Hyatt promotions, programs and marketing that I read about on this thread.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: Lots
My god. Every time a promo is brought up, someone mentions that it 'wasn't as good' as the 25/75k promo. Perhaps Hyatt would make less people mad by never offering that to being with.

As for the diamond amenity, it's been psuedo-replaced with cat-certificates (which for me, is actually slightly more valuable, but YMMV).

I am going to net 21,000 points with this promo. That's worth something like $420 at a 2 cent/pt value (which, is lower than I've yet to redeem pts for). I am not going to complain about it 'not being good enough'.
Its not just the 25 / 75k that this promo pales in comparison to - that used to be a pretty standard type promo for Hyatt, I think the one before that was for 65k points and going way back we had FFN.

It's certainly better than the promo at the end of last year but there's been a good bit of hopefulness that things would return to the heydeys with the (alleged) lower number of Diamonds and them hiring the individual from SPG. If this is the best they can come up with that optimism can be put to rest.

Like I said - it's better than nothing but it's certainly not anything that warrants excitement in my opinion. I'll probably spend my 4-5 nights in a Hyatt per month as normal but this isn't going to make me book away from any other chains for my other 15-20 nights a month. If it works out for you though, that's great.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by TerryK
No notice from WoH.
I just got the email.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by mediator
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...re-points.html

Run from today to 5/15. 1000 points per night except HP or HH(500 points) Max 25,000 points
So, in other words, back to what Gold Passport Diamond Amenities used to be...hard pass.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bsdstone
So, in other words, back to what Gold Passport Diamond Amenities used to be...hard pass.
or the various property-specific bonuses. Forget what they were called.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.