Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
While of course hotels do not really care where the money comes from, business travellers are usually not free to lengthen their stay at whim and have no choice in destination, and there are also a good number of corporate travellers who have restricted options in their choice of hotel chain. Leisure travellers have complete discretion as to where, when, and how long to stay. This is a key difference between guests staying on their own dime and those spending other people's money that I think Hyatt should take into consideration in their promos.
^

Originally Posted by IggySD

Why would you think that Hyatt cares whether a guest is spending their own money or other people’s money? I know it’s some weird type of badge of honor on these forums to brag about earning points out of one’s own funds and to look down on folks who have to travel for work but I would imagine Hyatt (and any other hotel) doesn’t really care about who is funding stays, only that they get the occupancy.
It's not so much Hyatt, but how thrilled do you think Hilton business travellers are with their promo? Spend an entire week in one hotel at $300 a night and get... 2,000 bonus points...

When it's not your own money, you tend to like double/triple points etc., especially when you are staying somewhere expensive and you can't really hotel hop. When it's your own money, you tend to prefer stay or night based promos.

From the hotel chain perspective, promos should drive additional business. But if that additional business means handing out stacks of points to people who were going to stay anyhow, then the chain might actually be losing money overall. As an analogy, if you run a 2-for-1 promotion on beers at the bar, you'll get lots of customers, but will you actually have enough extra paid-for beers to compensate for the free ones you gave away?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
How long are these pts generally taking to post? Should I assume that it will take longer for them to post since I registered after I had actually completed the stay?
Is that eligible? Or does registration has to be completed prior to stay?

I guess you could call and have it adjusted.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Is that eligible? Or does registration has to be completed prior to stay?

I guess you could call and have it adjusted.
Isn't it?

The T&C seem to say register by March 31 and all stays with a check-out date between Feb 15 and May 15 are eligible. So why would not a stay with a check-in of Feb 12 and check-out of Feb 25 not be eligible with a registration on Feb 26?

Last edited by OsakaWino; Mar 1, 2018 at 8:34 am
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
What's up with the 25K limitation? That makes no sense to me.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JackE
In my case, they have posted along with everything else.
Same here.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Isn't it?

The T&C seem to say register by March 31 and all stays with a check-out date between Feb 15 and May 15 are eligible. So why would not a stay with a check-in of Feb 12 and check-out of Feb 25 not be eligible with a registration on Feb 26?
Without re-reading the terms, I'd be very surprised if registration was retroactive, other than for a current stay. I can't recall ever seeing a promo where people retroactively got the bonus.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Without re-reading the terms, I'd be very surprised if registration was retroactive, other than for a current stay. I can't recall ever seeing a promo where people retroactively got the bonus.
Every Hyatt promo that I can recall ... and that's a lot ... has given credit for nights/stays/whatever within the promotion period, regardless of if they occurred before or after registration. OsakaWino should get the points for all the nights, but they may post later, especially if the stay had posted before registration. The T&Cs say to allow 2-3 weeks for the bonus points to post.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skj
Every Hyatt promo that I can recall ... and that's a lot ... has given credit for nights/stays/whatever within the promotion period, regardless of if they occurred before or after registration. OsakaWino should get the points for all the nights, but they may post later, especially if the stay had posted before registration. The T&Cs say to allow 2-3 weeks for the bonus points to post.
That's really odd; it's certainly not how I recall the various promos discussed here. If this is the case, why does Hyatt have a separate registration cut-off?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Not sure if anyone had mentioned this - just had an award stay and was given the 1000 pt bonus.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:07 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Not sure if anyone had mentioned this - just had an award stay and was given the 1000 pt bonus.
Which is expected under the new 2018 rules. Award stays earn credit.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
But I didn't know if it was limited to stay credit only. As we've been around for a bit, these promos at times can be limited to pay stays only. But happy I got 1K form 1 night stay - and three will be a couple more coming down the line before promo expires.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:13 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
But I didn't know if it was limited to stay credit only. As we've been around for a bit, these promos at times can be limited to pay stays only. But happy I got 1K form 1 night stay - and three will be a couple more coming down the line before promo expires.
Yep, this is a decent promo. It's been a while since we had one. I'm hotel-hopping like crazy: one-night stays at HP's, to earn 1500 bonus points per night.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:56 pm

Is it 1500 only at hps?
I have an hr stay coming up, May I should change the location
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:27 pm
Suspended

No, it’s 500 at HP and HH. The “1,500” is a glitch in the way the bonus is listed in the app for people who also signed up for the AA bonus — 500 Hyatt plus 1,000 AA miles is listed as “1,500.”
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Shuli
Is it 1500 only at hps?
I have an hr stay coming up, May I should change the location
There are two promotions going on.

One promotion is per NIGHT. It's 1000 bonus points at full service (HR etc) and 500 points at HP and HH.

The other promotion awards 1000 points (either Hyatt or AA, your choice) per STAY at HP.

5 nights at HR = 5000 bonus points
5 nights at HP = 3500 bonus points
5 nights of hotel hopping between HR and HP, i.e. HP-HR-HP-HR-HP = 6500 bonus points
5 nights of hopping between two different HPs = 7500 bonus points

A bit of math will determine if it's worthwhile for your particular situation. Most people won't fool with hotel hopping. I say this because FD staff always seem surprised to see me baaaack every 2nd day. If hotel hopping were commonplace, they wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Mar 24, 2018 at 4:47 am Reason: Correction: HR is 1000 per night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.