Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Nope, Hyatt Place is the only Hyatt ASQ at the moment, so I'm staying there.
IMO it's crazy to do the ASQ in a hotel like the HP. It'll be like a prison. The rooms of such select service hotels are meant for brief stays not for living. YMMV
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I could manage 14 days there in a suite, with the nice, curved views. The problem I see is that at least the rate posted on Facebook does not include meals but instead 20% off menu prices.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by kevino
I could manage 14 days there in a suite, with the nice, curved views. The problem I see is that at least the rate posted on Facebook does not include meals but instead 20% off menu prices.
seems like it does include breakfast lunch and dinner

𝗔𝗹𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗤𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 (𝗔𝗦&#120292 𝗣𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗮𝗴𝗲
Stay in comfort for 15-night stay at Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit in a partnership with Bangpakok 9 International Hospital.

✨𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝗧𝗛𝗕 𝟯𝟵,𝟬𝟬𝟬 𝗡𝗲𝘁✨

🗓Book & stay from now until further notice
✔️Eligible for World of Hyatt
✔️Relaxing place at AIRE BAR 40 min. after the first COVID-19 test (subject to space availability and advance reservation required during stay).

𝗣𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲𝘀:
- Room rates are inclusive of daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- COVID-19 swab tests, twice during stay
- 24-hour nurse and medical consultants
- Housekeeping services on day 7,10, and 13, after receiving the negative result from the first COVID-19 test
- 20% discount on food & beverage on a la carte menu
- 20% discount on laundry service
- Room rates are in Thai Baht inclusive of service charge and taxes
- Room rates are based on single occupancy
- One-way Airport transfer sharing van (Airport to hotel)
- Additional charge at THB 2,000 Net per car per way if private limousine is required

𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁:
📧Email: [email protected]
☎️Call: 66 2 055 1234
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:11 pm

I contacted the hotel earlier in December with some ASQ questions. They said that at this point they are considering going back to a non-ASQ hotel in February.

Nope, Hyatt Place is the only Hyatt ASQ at the moment, so I'm staying there.
Are you there now? Let us know how it's working out for you there, and how is the food?

-David
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Give me a week and I will report in. When you're in quarantine I'm not sure "select service" means very much. You want to consider room, food and reliability.

Also, it should give me Globalist for 2 years by January 23rd. All for $1,000 less than the Le Meridien.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Give me a week and I will report in. When you're in quarantine I'm not sure "select service" means very much. You want to consider room, food and reliability.

Also, it should give me Globalist for 2 years by January 23rd. All for $1,000 less than the Le Meridien.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I would absolutely quarantine at HP in order to get Globalist for next 2 years, though the night credits come 3 weeks after promo period ends.

Quarantine anywhere is not fun - but Globalist is a nice benefit after
Old Jan 3, 2021, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by escape4
I tried this hotel for a quick 1-night stay. I booked a standard king room and was upgraded to the view specialty king room, which is a bigger room at the end of the hallway. My room was looking just like the first picture shown in this thread by MatthewLAX. The large curved windows and the TV on a stand in the middle of the room reminded me a bit of the room at the Park Hyatt. I don't mean to compare the PH and the HP, but I am simply referring to the windows and the location of the TV in the room.

My room had a dehumidifier on the floor next to the TV - perhaps because on occasion the AC is not strong enough for the beaming sun in those windows. I found the room to be quite comfortable and the hardware at this hotel is very good for the price. My booking was made at the last minute for 2500 THB and overall I was pleased for what I got for that price. I did not try breakfast however. One odd thing is that they do not have a bellman. They only have the wheeled carts to carry the luggage and you need to do it yourself. I do not mind at all and in fact sometimes I do not want to disturb the hotel staff with my luggage. But I just found it unusual. Perhaps other travellers would not enjoy not getting the help to bring their luggage upstairs to their room.

This being a HP, I did not expect anything for happy hour. However we received a couple of drink vouchers - I was surprised. We did not use the vouchers. Most hotels that give a voucher would put an expiration date equal to the check-out date. The good news is that the expiration date on the vouchers is end of February 2018 so we'll be able to use the vouchers during our next stay, which is nice that they are flexible with the expiration date.
There's no elevator at this hotel?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 5:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by lsquare
There's no elevator at this hotel?
Sorry if I was not clear - yes there is an elevator What I meant is that in almost all hotels in Bangkok someone takes our luggage as soon as we step out of the taxi and they bring our suitcases to the room so we don't need to do anything. At HP I don't recall anybody helping so we had to bring the bags ourselves to reception and then to the room (via the elevator). No big deal for me but it's one of those signs of the hotel being select service, clearly not full service. I am not sure if it has changed since then.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Sorry if I was not clear - yes there is an elevator What I meant is that in almost all hotels in Bangkok someone takes our luggage as soon as we step out of the taxi and they bring our suitcases to the room so we don't need to do anything. At HP I don't recall anybody helping so we had to bring the bags ourselves to reception and then to the room (via the elevator). No big deal for me but it's one of those signs of the hotel being select service, clearly not full service. I am not sure if it has changed since then.
Still the same self carry situation with luggage before it became a quarantine hotel.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought HP wasn't a full service brand? I was at the Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 in December 2019. No one picked up my luggage and I arrived by Grab.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I thought HP wasn't a full service brand? I was at the Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 in December 2019. No one picked up my luggage and I arrived by Grab.
Right, it's not full service. But in Bangkok and Asia in general, service standards are higher, I have been in many other select service hotels which had a bell man nonetheless which is why I was moderately surprised to find out that HP did not. I also generally think of HP as a notch above HIX although I do not have much experience with that brand.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, it's not full service. But in Bangkok and Asia in general, service standards are higher, I have been in many other select service hotels which had a bell man nonetheless which is why I was moderately surprised to find out that HP did not. I also generally think of HP as a notch above HIX although I do not have much experience with that brand.
I haven't been to as many hotels as you, but my impression is that HP and HIX are about the same. It seems like they compete at a similar price point not just in BKK, but globally. Maybe I'll post a review on the HIX in the near future. I took pictures, but I never got around to transferring them to my PC.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I haven't been to as many hotels as you, but my impression is that HP and HIX are about the same. It seems like they compete at a similar price point not just in BKK, but globally. Maybe I'll post a review on the HIX in the near future. I took pictures, but I never got around to transferring them to my PC.
I've stayed at several BKK HIX properties for IHG promos over the years and BKK HP >> any BKK HIX in room standards, breakfast quality and staff.
rbAA, mcgahat, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:50 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
The Bangkok HP is one of the better ones, reminds me of a Regency with a smaller pool but less service, especially luggage. I haven't stayed there, but a friend of mine has many times, as Globalist, so they always gave him a great room. Maybe the base rooms are just so-so. On the other hand, all of the The Bangkok HIX's have tiny rooms with a marginal breakfast spread, especially the Suk 11 one which is also a real pain to get to as it's all the way down Suk 11 and the taxi mafia are out in force, They do have a shuttle but it won't help you from the Sukhumvit area unless you call them to pick you up. Taxi drivers have told me THB200 many times. Siam is OK with a little larger room size, but very noisy as the National Stadium BTS station is just nearby and they "turn" the train around there, so you're too close, but they run until midnight. The Sathon one is OK only due to it being closer to the Chong Nonsi BTS stop without all the train noise, but the rooms are tiny and the breakfast marginal. The street food is good though just around there.
The best HIX properties are in China: HIX Zhabei near the Shanghai north train station, where they always UPG'd me to a real suite and have a great breakfast, just stay away from the buffet items and stick to the egg/noodle/Chinese pancake stations; and the Nantong Downtown one which has a partial river view from the higher floors, with larger rooms and a (somewhat) edible breakfast. Both were dirt cheap, but decent.
dsquared37 and lsquare like this.

Last edited by rbAA; Jan 4, 2021 at 11:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.