Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by cherrydude
I also stayed here last week as a Globalist. I asked for a room upgrade at check in, and they gave me the deluxe corner room with view, but stressed that it was an exception and they don’t usually do it. Pretty odd. There was also a suite available.
Yeah they stressed the "one time exception" with me when they upgraded my stay a couple of weeks back. Seems as globalists we should not expect much upgrade wise from this property.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I should have asked earlier, but are there any street vendors near the HP? Not a single one seems to be nearby that makes Pad Thai. I just walked a bit and found a restaurant instead. Not quite the same experience as sitting outside and having food. I'm being charged ฿80 for Pad Thai. Seems more expensive than my last visit to Bangkok.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I should have asked earlier, but are there any street vendors near the HP? Not a single one seems to be nearby that makes Pad Thai. I just walked a bit and found a restaurant instead. Not quite the same experience as sitting outside and having food. I'm being charged ฿80 for Pad Thai. Seems more expensive than my last visit to Bangkok.
I don’t recall many but inflation has hit BKK last few trips. $2.50 for a pad Thai still seems cheap to me. Was over $5 usd in many places last fall.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by olouie
I don’t recall many but inflation has hit BKK last few trips. $2.50 for a pad Thai still seems cheap to me. Was over $5 usd in many places last fall.
Felt like I paid a foreigner’s rate. 👀
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by kauppias
What is the freelancer rate?
https://freelancersunion.org/

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Freelancers Union code: B200936

It shows on the folio as "Hyatt Leverage" for some reason. It works at many Hyatts.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by kevino

It shows on the folio as "Hyatt Leverage" for some reason. It works at many Hyatts.
Because it is a leverage account. I compared three reservations just now and my leverage discount is the same as the Freelancers' for all three.
kevino and kauppias like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 5:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by lsquare
The govt has really clamped down on street food, so nowadays you need to go to specific street food areas - a big shame.

Nana’s not my area, so unfortunately I don’t know where the nearest one would be - there is one of the Sois in the 20s, but that’s some walk away.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 5:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by kevino

I’m sure that I’m not the only person who thought something entirely different when I heard “freelancer” given the hotel’s location.
kevino, olouie, lsquare and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by olouie
Sad how much service at this property had fallen. Used to be great but sounds like they are doing are minimum now.
Seems prices have gone up and service has gone way down.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I had my overall second Hyatt stay here right after Grand Hyatt Erawan last year since I registered corporate fast track challenge. I booked a specialty room with breakfast and got upgraded to high floor suite as Explorist. Even that time I believe the breakfast was much worse than the Double Tree nearby.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:50 am

I just completed my stay at HP recently. I have comped breakfast but I noticed that food quality is cut back a lot .
HP has entire new staff to do their job, who are in their new uniform ( red color) . I am an Explorist, but it seems no one has noticed or care about that when I check in .
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:38 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I just completed my stay at HP recently. I have comped breakfast but I noticed that food quality is cut back a lot .
HP has entire new staff to do their job, who are in their new uniform ( red color) . I am an Explorist, but it seems no one has noticed or care about that when I check in .
Food quality has always been consistent with what I would expect at a Hyatt Place that is typically under $100USD/night. I have stayed at many hotels in BKK from 2 start to 5 star, I would say the food is about what I would expect for this level of property. Selection is relatively vast but average. I am surprised you got complimentary breakfast, must have booked before they changed the policy.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Food quality has always been consistent with what I would expect at a Hyatt Place that is typically under $100USD/night. I have stayed at many hotels in BKK from 2 start to 5 star, I would say the food is about what I would expect for this level of property. Selection is relatively vast but average. I am surprised you got complimentary breakfast, must have booked before they changed the policy.
Food policy changes on Dec 14th, 2023 . I booked my stay right after Christmas . At first, they does not want to offer comped breakfast . But I have sent an email inquiry about breakfast a few months earlier, and they agree to make 1 time exception. After moving to HP see how the new staff at HP treat hotel guest and seeing food serve at breakfast, I wish I have booked my stay longer at CR .

This time I stay here longer and does not enjoy the foods at breakfast much, the restaurant is only crowded for the first couple day of my stay. My guess they cut back food due to less people eating breakfast . I am allergic with cow milk and soy milk. I ask for almond milk and only get my almond milk 2 out of 11 day there .
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:34 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Why are all of the cancellation policies at this hotel 14 days out? That's crazy, right? None of the other Bangkok properties, Hyatt or otherwise, are like that. This was even on Member Rate.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Why are all of the cancellation policies at this hotel 14 days out? That's crazy, right? None of the other Bangkok properties, Hyatt or otherwise, are like that. This was even on Member Rate.
Unless you badly need a HP badge, I would advise skipping this Hyatt property considering the wealth of Marriotts at your disposal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.