Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by rbAA
The Bangkok HP is one of the better ones, reminds me of a Regency with a smaller pool but less service, especially luggage. I haven't stayed there, but a friend of mine has many times, as Globalist, so they always gave him a great room. Maybe the base rooms are just so-so.
As a Glob I was always treated very well and given a room at either end of the hall. Either the very large room overlooking the park or the suite overlooking Soi 24. Staff always recognized me and welcomed me by name including the first time I arrived because they had remembered me from GHE. The base rooms are OK and still bigger than HIX.

Originally Posted by rbAA
n the other hand, all of the The Bangkok HIX's have tiny rooms with a marginal breakfast spread, especially the Suk 11 one which is also a real pain to get to as it's all the way down Suk 11 and the taxi mafia are out in force, They do have a shuttle but it won't help you from the Sukhumvit area unless you call them to pick you up. Taxi drivers have told me THB200 many times. Siam is OK with a little larger room size, but very noisy as the National Stadium BTS station is just nearby and they "turn" the train around there, so you're too close, but they run until midnight. The Sathon one is OK only due to it being closer to the Chong Nonsi BTS stop without all the train noise, but the rooms are tiny and the breakfast marginal. The street food is good though just around there.
In full agreement with your assessments. HIX Sathorn has some good food nearby for sure.
Kalboz and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:30 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Any recent experiences about the new "Test & Go" package?

Old Nov 5, 2021, 1:01 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Any recent experiences about the new "Test & Go" package?

I was going to wait until 11/1 to return from the US to do this, but I already had the COE approved for the Phuket Sandbox and it would have only saved me a couple days and cut into my beach time, though Phuket had rain almost the entire week. A friend will be doing this early December, assuming it's still required.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Already booked for December …
2 rooms
4 people
Including airport transfer, Covid test & results, and 3 meals each
Total damage on the Chase Hyatt card ~ $507

estnet and dsquared37 like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:11 am

Can somebody confirm that I will get elite night credits and points from an ASQ stay? Thanks.

Last edited by Global_Soul; Nov 9, 2021 at 9:31 am
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:27 am

My understanding is that you will. Read it somewhere on their emails while corresponding about our stay.

Last year, we got a ton of Marriott points and also night credits for both rooms while doing the ASQ at Le Meridien! But the price was hefty for 2 rooms all inclusive for 15 nights!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
My ASQ stay in January received both without any hassle. If anything, the points seemed a bit on the generous side of my back of the envelope estimate of what was due.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:54 am

stayed here as a globalist on two separate occasions since the beginning of the year, both times only give 1 category upgrades when suites and higher category rooms were available for purchase at check in. so my experience is different than those mentioned above. guess can't complain too much given the cash rate is so cheap but still disappointing as a globalist.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by icehocey77
stayed here as a globalist on two separate occasions since the beginning of the year, both times only give 1 category upgrades when suites and higher category rooms were available for purchase at check in. so my experience is different than those mentioned above. guess can't complain too much given the cash rate is so cheap but still disappointing as a globalist.
You are not entitled to an upgrade at all. The upgrade benefit does not apply to the Hyatt Place brand, as per the WoH terms (same for Hyatt House, Caption and Destination).
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Hydro88
You are not entitled to an upgrade at all. The upgrade benefit does not apply to the Hyatt Place brand, as per the WoH terms (same for Hyatt House, Caption and Destination).
The member didn't say they were entitled to a suite upgrade, merely that "my experience is different than those mentioned above."
Kacee, icehocey77 and luxtravels like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:52 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by danger
The member didn't say they were entitled to a suite upgrade, merely that "my experience is different than those mentioned above."
They said it was disappointing as a globalist which prompted my clarification (also for the benefit of other members).
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:15 am

Guess the third time is the charm, I had similar experience to those mentioned above this time around. Large room overlooking the park and was also given a few other nice touches that were also appreciated and as I'm sure Hydro will point out I wasn't entitled to as a globalist.
Kacee and tomwhom like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
consider yourself happy. Better than nothing. It's a HP.
Overall it's a solid property and they upgrade on a regular basis, can't complain.
Old May 14, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Checked in today for 5N stay after 3N at GH Erawan and 1N at Hyatt Regency, all are part of 20N Globalist fast track tier promotion stays. Originally I booked View Specialty King and this morning I checked my Hyatt account before breakfast at HR and very glad to see I have become Explorist after 3N Erawan stay, the joy didn’t end here as I got King Suite upgrade at HP, double happiness indeed! I thought I would become Explorist after 10N stay per the corporate tier promotion.

Suite 2x07 a nice high floor corner room has everything you need including a tub. The robe is better than HR’s which is too thick. One major complain mentioned by others: the bedroom light is dim so I brought the living room standing lamp to my bedside. The cheap slipper is not wearable and fortunately I brought one pair from HR - Good planning HAHA!

Regarding service, so far so excellent from bellman who pulled my luggage & bag from Taxi trunk to very friendly FD. Excellent service at both GH and HR too.

As for breakfast, I know it’s HP so I would tame my expectation and will check out tomorrow. The breakfast at both GH and HR cafes which I got from club room booking (both lounges closed for breakfast) are good though HR’s is better with fresh juice and coconut. Rating the breakfast for all Bangkok hotels I just stayed recently in Bangkok, Waldorf = 10, JW Marriott = 9, HR = 8.5, GH = 8, LE Meridien = 8, Regarding lounge food quality and variety: JWM = 9, GH = 8, GH = 7.5, I don’t drink alcohol so I can’t rate. Waldorf is really the one to beat in BKK for breakfast and I believe this stay the food quality even better than prior COVID-19.

I have decided to stay more at Waldorf going forward for it’s outstanding breakfast and elegant room plus great location. My future BKK stays would see me hopping the trio: Grand Hayatt , Waldorf and St Regis (too great corp. rate to pass up, some rare times even less than half of rack rate), IMO the trio hotel location area is the best in BKK, not one of.
LIH Prem, mcgahat and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
This property is making my booking decision very difficult right now. As the other properties are going up significantly in price, this one is less than 2k per night. Given the area, might just need to save money on hotel and use it for going out. Even as a Globalist. I did find something interesting in my confirmation email that I did not see mentioned (might have missed it). It says there is one breakfast included unless you are a World of Hyatt Member and then you get a second breakfast. I found that interesting and something I dont remember seeing before at other properties.

Anyone with any recent experience that wants to give me a reason to not stay here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.