Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2024, 1:34 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by synd
Don't worry I am definitively not the one taking your curtsy upgrade!
So far really haven't had any luck with any type of upgrades, whether i book a short or long stay, stay at a PH, Andaz, GH or HR, spend 1K or 30K at a property....
Really sad but i really feel more love with GHA or Virtuoso upgrades than I do as a LT Hyatt....
Obviously you don't get to LT Globalist without some serious Hyatt bed hopping.
Congrats and welcome aboard
If its important to me I will call the hotel in advance and ask them to notate my booking with a preferred
room type or suite preference.
Your really only as good as the front office management and rooms executive is and their being proactive
prior to arrival or on top of it @ arrival.
Some Hyatt concierge are better than others but they can be helpful at times as well.

My suggestion and I recommend to all build relationships with the hotel management team where you stay most.
Be a kind thoughtful generous guest and they will work some miracles for some of your stays typically.
I've been in massive VIP suites even in hotels that don't upgrade Globalists to suites at all or specialty suites.
Those are some rare exceptions but they have happened and still do on occasion
It certainly isn't happening at Andaz Maui but thats more of an isolated issue with the newer management style
Revenue and up-sells over loyalty and frequency.The first 5 plus years was exceptional there
59Impala and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, AA-Gold, Hyatt-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
My suggestion and I recommend to all build relationships with the hotel management team where you stay most.
YES!

Furthermore, I was able to cleared into a 7 nights standard suite at a resort property 8 months out using a suite upgrade. I contacted hotels general mailbox to see if hotel has a waitlist for suite upgrade when standard suite was not available for booking. A few days later, hotel management replied and acknowledged my LT status and cleared a suite for me. My prior stay here was 28 years ago when I had no understanding of Gold Passport. To them, this might appear to be my first stay with them, but I still think LT got me this suite and not first visit.
Old May 7, 2024, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by synd
So far really haven't had any luck with any type of upgrades, whether i book a short or long stay, stay at a PH, Andaz, GH or HR, spend 1K or 30K at a property....Really sad but i really feel more love with GHA or Virtuoso upgrades than I do as a LT Hyatt....
When you book the Presidential Suite, there is no further upgrade. You sound like me complaining that I got never upgraded on any of my flights but then I always fly highest class of service available

I was already treated very well as a GLOB and the suite upgrade benefit beats Virtuoso (one room category). As LTGB I have received the most outstanding treatment and upgrades. I think Andaz Vienna was the first hotel in six years that dropped the ball.

But if you like Virtuoso, book your stays under Hyatt Prive. This ensures double attention as per Prive Program and your Lifetime status. PM me if you need a contact to book Prive for you.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77

I was already treated very well as a GLOB and the suite upgrade benefit beats Virtuoso (one room category). As LTGB I have received the most outstanding treatment and upgrades. I think Andaz Vienna was the first hotel in six years that dropped the ball.
Its so crazy how different all our experiences can vary.
Its been a few years for me but Andaz Vienna outdid the Park Hyatt Vienna where I knew management for decades.
Most of the management came out to meet me@ Andaz Vienna @ arrival and asked to meet up during my stay for a
review of my stay and any suggestions I might have.I thought maybe Monique had something to do with as I think she may have been an area manager
I truly admired her from decades ago at the Park Hyatt Chicago when the hotel was generous and world class to their Diamonds.

Andaz Vienna suggested I try dinner. I did as I was impressed with recognition.
Didn't tell me initially just said you have no bill upon finishing the meal.
A great upgrade, a wonderful brilliant breakfast with some very busy servers but still they managed to do a fair job.
For me it was a wow!

Every stay is like a like a new performance good show or bad show.Who is working that day, occupancy levels etc
As they say for a long time now on Flyertalk YMMV!
Put it like this being a LT Globe or reg Globe doesn't hurt your chances on any stay either.
59Impala and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 11:25 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
yes, and MHCs can do miracles as well, could just use a TSU on a stay which included a Cat1-7 award. But my MHC always emphazises when contacting a hotel, that I am an LTG. I am convinced this helps.
Old May 14, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Longtime skimmer of flyertalk, seldom post but recently came upon this thread and am definitely envious of those who have hit Lifetime Globalist.

I'm only in the second year of having Globalist status so am newer to the Hyatt program after achieving Marriott Lifetime Platinum mainly by work travel in the 2000s. Now all my travel is basically leisure where I've been focusing on building a Hyatt history. Currently at 87k lifetime base points so have a way to go but doing everything I can to get spend credit towards my account (like having family trips and multiple rooms booked under my account). Also looking to go out of my way to stay at Hyatt properties but may not make sense (for instance, now looking at staying at the Grand Hyatt Barcelona in April 2025 but is it worth foregoing staying at better non-Hyatt properties?)

I figure I can still obtain Globalist yearly going forward to enjoy the benefits of the program but believe it will take longer than most if my stays are now primarily for leisure. Meaning, I have a 295k points stay in lieu of a paid $8000k rate for a week but all things being equal would lose 'value' paying cash instead of points, which prolongs the progress to Lifetime.

I do have a question, for those with Lifetime: have your hotel patterns changed? Meaning, do you end up staying at Hyatts more to use the upgrades and benefits or do you pivot to chase status elsewhere (I know Hilton you can get with cards, even Marriott can get Platinum with a card now).

Last edited by byau15; May 14, 2024 at 8:38 am
Old May 14, 2024, 8:47 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by byau15
I do have a question, for those with Lifetime have your hotel patterns changed? Meaning, do you end up staying at Hyatts more to use the upgrades and benefits or do you pivot to chase status elsewhere (I know Hilton you can get with cards, even Marriott can get Platinum with a card now).
Neither ... I stay at Hyatt properties where and when it makes sense, but don't go out of my way to do so. Barcelona is a great example, as we stayed at a non-Hyatt property to be within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go. One nice thing about being a LTG is you're no longer reaching to hit the 60 nights each year. I don't chase status either. I'm LT Plat with Marriott, but nothing with Hilton or IHG unless I can qualify without doing something too unusual through some promo. I'll stay at their properties, or an independent one, if the cost, location, and amenities make it the right choice.
Old May 14, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skj
Neither ... I stay at Hyatt properties where and when it makes sense, but don't go out of my way to do so. Barcelona is a great example, as we stayed at a non-Hyatt property to be within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go. One nice thing about being a LTG is you're no longer reaching to hit the 60 nights each year. I don't chase status either. I'm LT Plat with Marriott, but nothing with Hilton or IHG unless I can qualify without doing something too unusual through some promo. I'll stay at their properties, or an independent one, if the cost, location, and amenities make it the right choice.
Thanks for the feedback. The key benefit of hitting the 60 is not only Globalist renewal but the Milestones, mainly the SUAs in my eyes (and a lesser extent GoH which was recently devalued). I know SUAs are automatically given every March 1 once you're a lifetime along with a free Cat 1-7 but are GoH awards also now part of the Lifetime Globalist benefits?

Looking at the current Milestones offered it seems the most valuable are SUA, GoH and then there's the various 2k award points, club lounge access and FIND experiences. If GoH is included with Lifetime Globalist then it would really mean there's no more incentive to hit any milestones unless you want to add to the ones you receive as part of your Lifetime Globalist benefits, correct? I think 40 nights would mean getting another SUA so it may not be worth to inorganically get those 40 nights just for an extra SUA. I know I'm getting ahead of myself by 10+ years but just typing out loud...
Old May 14, 2024, 11:02 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks for the feedback. The key benefit of hitting the 60 is not only Globalist renewal but the Milestones, mainly the SUAs in my eyes (and a lesser extent GoH which was recently devalued). I know SUAs are automatically given every March 1 once you're a lifetime along with a free Cat 1-7 but are GoH awards also now part of the Lifetime Globalist benefits?

Looking at the current Milestones offered it seems the most valuable are SUA, GoH and then there's the various 2k award points, club lounge access and FIND experiences. If GoH is included with Lifetime Globalist then it would really mean there's no more incentive to hit any milestones unless you want to add to the ones you receive as part of your Lifetime Globalist benefits, correct? I think 40 nights would mean getting another SUA so it may not be worth to inorganically get those 40 nights just for an extra SUA. I know I'm getting ahead of myself by 10+ years but just typing out loud...
The new GoH Awards are part of the LTG benefits. Along with the Cat 1-7 and SUAs, LTGs get 5 GoH Awards each year.
Old May 14, 2024, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
In my second year as LTG. My booking patterns have not changed. I still favor Hyatt when theres not a compelling reason to not. Headed to Chicago this evening. Booked a king room and used an SUA. I was notified when I checked in online that I had been further upgraded to a larger suite. They clearly value my business.
Old May 14, 2024, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by private_md
In my second year as LTG. My booking patterns have not changed. I still favor Hyatt when theres not a compelling reason to not. Headed to Chicago this evening. Booked a king room and used an SUA. I was notified when I checked in online that I had been further upgraded to a larger suite. They clearly value my business.
which Hyatt?
Old May 14, 2024, 9:48 pm

Longtime skimmer of flyertalk, seldom post but recently came upon this thread and am definitely envious of those who have hit Lifetime Globalist.

I'm only in the second year of having Globalist status so am newer to the Hyatt program after achieving Marriott Lifetime Platinum mainly by work travel in the 2000s. Now all my travel is basically leisure where I've been focusing on building a Hyatt history. Currently at 87k lifetime base points so have a way to go but doing everything I can to get spend credit towards my account (like having family trips and multiple rooms booked under my account). Also looking to go out of my way to stay at Hyatt properties but may not make sense (for instance, now looking at staying at the Grand Hyatt Barcelona in April 2025 but is it worth foregoing staying at better non-Hyatt properties?)

I figure I can still obtain Globalist yearly going forward to enjoy the benefits of the program but believe it will take longer than most if my stays are now primarily for leisure. Meaning, I have a 295k points stay in lieu of a paid $8000k rate for a week but all things being equal would lose 'value' paying cash instead of points, which prolongs the progress to Lifetime.

I do have a question, for those with Lifetime: have your hotel patterns changed? Meaning, do you end up staying at Hyatts more to use the upgrades and benefits or do you pivot to chase status elsewhere (I know Hilton you can get with cards, even Marriott can get Platinum with a card now).
How bad can a Grand Hyatt be? If you are really wanting to build your relationship with Hyatt it can certainly make sense.
If you have the cash flow to do so thats another story.I value 295,000 points @ 5000.00 to 5300.00 approx dollars
If paying you will also be earning redeemable points and base points towards your LT status.
I don't mind going out of way location wise if i know I will have a superior experience.
One can always taxi and Uber around town etc
At the end of the day having LT in most major programs I book where the quality of my stay and experience matter most
Location and price tied second.A good promotion can sway me too.

Hyatt has cut back quality & variety in select hotels with regards to Food and beverage as well
as closed clubs and reduced elite breakfast benefits
My corporate contacts refuse to stay at some Hyatt's now even in Chicago home to Hyatt.
I find for myself some other hotels now outperforming Hyatt and being more generous
with upgrades even with lower elite status like
IHG depending on the hotel so how high your tier is doesn't always matter
I've learned the culture of caring and making for happy guests matter most.

That said everything changes in the morning so there is no rule.Sometimes Hyatt knocks it out of the ball park
Just refuse to stay where I know they are likely to fail me.And what are points worth or LT status if the hotel can't please you?
Choose wisely do your research.Feel free to Private message me if you like if I may assist further.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I find for myself some other hotels now outperforming Hyatt and being more generous
with upgrades even with lower elite status like
IHG depending on the hotel so how high your tier is doesn't always matter
I've learned the culture of caring and making for happy guests matter most.
IHG lower tier elite beats Hyatt Lifetime Globalist. Wow. IHG has a better culture of caring for guests than Hyatt. WOW?!? Hard to believe unless you are staying at 2-star properties more often these days and you are angry that Hyatt Place isn't feeding your giraffe for free. Does IHG?

I stay 100 days a year in hotels and I don''t know any other brand that treats guests consistently as well as Hyatt. And that's before you reach Lifetime.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
IHG lower tier elite beats Hyatt Lifetime Globalist. Wow. IHG has a better culture of caring for guests than Hyatt. WOW?!? Hard to believe unless you are staying at 2-star properties more often these days and you are angry that Hyatt Place isn't feeding your giraffe for free. Does IHG?

I stay 100 days a year in hotels and I don''t know any other brand that treats guests consistently as well as Hyatt. And that's before you reach Lifetime.
Don't believe I stated IHG Plat Amb beats having LT Globalist.(IHG has no LT tier)
My apologies but perhaps I didn't communicate my thoughts well
In the cities I stay Hyatt is just not always as good as their past execution .
Think they have slipped in places since Covid. Its really property specific not just a Hyatt/IHG status thing
I still highly value my LT Globalist status make no mistake Fact is I do better in a specific amount of limited IHG & Marriott properties
Can give a number examples but I think it would be way off topic to get into heavy detail
Kimpton and Intercontinental properties in particular.
In San Diego and LA they outperform Hyatts are newer, have great availability and 4th night free on points

I can't even book a Hyatt on points downtown for Mem Day weekend (Manchester) as they have taken out standard rooms and made them premium rooms
And in every brand it depends on property ownership how they care for guests as well as hard product.
Like Manchester BTW but they have slipped too.

My giraffe is quite happy thank you for asking 😉

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 15, 2024 at 2:19 pm
Old May 15, 2024, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Where can you see your lifetime points on your WOH account? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.