Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

More Points More Play Promotion (Tiered bonus points for stays 9/1/2016 - 11/30/2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty

More Points More Play | Register Link | Hyatt.com

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers,

We’re thrilled to share the details for an upcoming Hyatt Gold Passport global promotion that launches on September 1. This global promotion will allow members the opportunity to earn up to 75,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after 25 eligible nights for stays from September 1 through November 30, 2016. Details below:

Code:
    Stay:  Points Earned:     Total  
                             Earned:
 5 Nights   +5,000 Points   =  5,000
10 Nights  +10,000 Points   = 15,000
15 Nights  +15,000 Points   = 30,000
20 Nights  +20,000 Points   = 50,000
25 Nights  +25,000 Points   = 75,000
... There’s never been a better time to start packing your bags.

Safe travels,
The Hyatt Gold Passport team
Print Wikipost

More Points More Play Promotion (Tiered bonus points for stays 9/1/2016 - 11/30/2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mvitale
I have no realistic experience at SPG to speak of...So I won't.

However, I am a Platinum Premier at Marriott this year. I have so far spent over 130 BIB nights at Marriott (with another 130 nights of credit from last year's roll-over.)

Due to a combo of this Hyatt promotion, and the awful Marriott fall promotion (50 nights for 50k points? Really?), I have switched all my upcoming stays (4 nights a week, every week, in Herndon, VA) to Hyatt. So next year, I'll be Platinum (maybe Plat Premier) at Marriott, and Diamond at Hyatt.

I guess that means I'm winning the game, right?

-mvitale
No. You aren't winning the game if u legitimately pay for ur stays lol. You r winning if you got in on the Hyatt status match on that one day AND status matched to Hilton Diamond
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Yes...eventually. SPG has a lot of targeted promos that drive many top tier customers away.

I'm sure Marriott does the same but I don't patronize Marriott to even know the slightest thing about them.
I was targeted for the 3 stay/3k SPG promo & already planned my stay in October...but i'm still open to suggestions. This promo is in timely manner, time to rake up at least 5k Hyatt points!

Missed the last opportunity on Hyatt promo because my travels dont bring me to any Hyatt location. It's ok, collecting Accor points/vouchers are good too.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Nathan Drake
Anyone know how to register for this? I haven't received an email and have a stay starting tomorrow and a couple of other stays this month.
FWIW, I did just get an e-mail from Hyatt ~12 hrs ago about this promotion.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
What I meant is that I saw the promo page when I went to the Gold Passport site without being logged in, and figured I could sign in and then I would not have to enter my number, but after signing it I could not find any link back to the top page with the promo offer, another example of how poorly the account page is designed.
Gotcha. I tried the same thing... and then conceded it wasn't designed that way and entered my number manually.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by cdancer20
No. You aren't winning the game if u legitimately pay for ur stays lol. You r winning if you got in on the Hyatt status match on that one day AND status matched to Hilton Diamond
I tried to get Hyatt to do a status match yesterday morning. The CSR rep I talked to said that Hyatt doesn't do status matches anymore. I didn't HUACA, however.

Also, I'm on OPM, so I'm not legitimately paying for my stays. I am legitimately collecting all the credit card points for myself, though.

-mvitale
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I tried to get Hyatt to do a status match yesterday morning. The CSR rep I talked to said that Hyatt doesn't do status matches anymore. I didn't HUACA, however.
-mvitale
Unfortunate for you but a win win for FTers that earned their Diamond badge. Hyatt heard loud and clear the negative reaction from FTers wrt to the dia status give away (and saw how ppl abused it to just get free upgrade certs) and squashed it.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Sep 2, 2016 at 4:21 pm
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If a HP is charging $450 per night (except in an expensive major city), it's an excellent bet that p+c rooms aren't available for the dates.
I can't remember the last time HP Nashville was available on points + cash, despite my asking them to open availability multiple times.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
As someone who bounces between Marriott and Hyatt...guess who gets all my stays for the rest of the year?

50 nights/50k points
25 nights/75k points

Decisions are so tough
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
As someone who bounces between Marriott and Hyatt...guess who gets all my stays for the rest of the year?

50 nights/50k points
25 nights/75k points

Decisions are so tough
If you normalize it to Hyatt, would that be like..

50 Marriott nights get 16.6K points (assuming 1 Hyatt point = 3 Marriott points)
25 hyatt nights get 75K points

The eventual takeover by Marriott of SPG will drive many Spgers over to HGP. Not looking forward to a larger Diamond population.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Sep 2, 2016 at 4:14 pm
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If a HP is charging $450 per night (except in an expensive major city), it's an excellent bet that p+c rooms aren't available for the dates.
Lol, good point, THIS is why I'm not supposed to post while drink
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Will the bonus points post in increments after each 5 nights have been completed? That was the case with the previous Stay More Play More promo.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by staff
Will the bonus points post in increments after each 5 nights have been completed? That was the case with the previous Stay More Play More promo.
It seems quite likely as they probably just "cloned" the setup of the previous promotion in their systems. Give it a few more days and I suspect someone will report completion of the five night milestone. I personally won't see that until late in November based on current travel plans.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:51 pm

Will an existing stay from 8/31-9/2 count as 1 night or 2 towards this promo?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
So next year, I'll be Platinum (maybe Plat Premier) at Marriott, and Diamond at Hyatt.

I guess that means I'm winning the game, right?

-mvitale
Get Diamond at Hilton too and then lets talk about winning!!!!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic

The eventual takeover by Marriott of SPG will drive many Spgers over to HGP. Not looking forward to a larger Diamond population.

I agree Hyatt will pick up a lot of that business when Marriott's sucky business model takes over SPG. But more business for Hyatt ultimately means more Hyatt properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.