Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

More Points More Play Promotion (Tiered bonus points for stays 9/1/2016 - 11/30/2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty

More Points More Play | Register Link | Hyatt.com

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers,

We’re thrilled to share the details for an upcoming Hyatt Gold Passport global promotion that launches on September 1. This global promotion will allow members the opportunity to earn up to 75,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after 25 eligible nights for stays from September 1 through November 30, 2016. Details below:

Code:
    Stay:  Points Earned:     Total  
                             Earned:
 5 Nights   +5,000 Points   =  5,000
10 Nights  +10,000 Points   = 15,000
15 Nights  +15,000 Points   = 30,000
20 Nights  +20,000 Points   = 50,000
25 Nights  +25,000 Points   = 75,000
... There’s never been a better time to start packing your bags.

Safe travels,
The Hyatt Gold Passport team
Print Wikipost

More Points More Play Promotion (Tiered bonus points for stays 9/1/2016 - 11/30/2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
If my 25th night falls on November 30, checking out on Dec 1 that should still count for the 25k bonus, correct? I know for Diamond requalification if your 50th night falls on Dec 31, you may have to call in to get it credited for that year, so not sure if the same would apply with this current promo. Any thoughts or past experience?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ceebee100
If my 25th night falls on November 30, checking out on Dec 1 that should still count for the 25k bonus, correct? I know for Diamond requalification if your 50th night falls on Dec 31, you may have to call in to get it credited for that year, so not sure if the same would apply with this current promo. Any thoughts or past experience?
Do you have a Diamond concierge? If so, I would e-mail him or her to get it direct. With all the negative changes, it is too risky to rely on past experience.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ceebee100
I just called Hyatt. The agent checked with her supervisor and told me yes, a night on Nov 30 will count.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you, Jack and Eric. I also called and they said the same. ^
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by travelingbob
So true ..... I will be hitting 22 nights and the math did not work out for me to purchase 3 additional nights to hit 25K.
No Cat 1 near you for C+P? It'd be $150 for 17500 points
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Sadly I reached only my 5 nights and stopped staying at Hyatt. In the past I have always maxed out but this time around I've shifted all of my stays to Hilton due to the 3x pts promo plus 5K points per stay as well as the WOH crap.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bjk497
No Cat 1 near you for C+P? It'd be $150 for 17500 points
More than 17500. The stays will accrue various points.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:04 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Just checked out of Hyatt Paris Madeleine. 25 nights on the dot.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by ceebee100 View Post

I just called Hyatt. The agent checked with her supervisor and told me yes, a night on Nov 30 will count.

I called Hyatt twice today, and was told both times that I had to check out on the 30th, not the 1st, for it to count towards the promotion. The second person asked a supervisor for verification and was told the the night of the 30th, checking out on the 1st, would not count.

Granted, today was Thanksgiving so it might not have been the normal crew, but it really shouldn't be this hard to get a consistent answer.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:35 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I called Hyatt twice today, and was told both times that I had to check out on the 30th, not the 1st, for it to count towards the promotion. The second person asked a supervisor for verification and was told the the night of the 30th, checking out on the 1st, would not count.

Granted, today was Thanksgiving so it might not have been the normal crew, but it really shouldn't be this hard to get a consistent answer.
I don't know what threshold you're looking at, but it may be worth a MR this weekend. I see several properties in the Houston area at $75-$85/night and that seems like an inexpensive price if you want to be certain you get the necessary number of nights.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Hyatt IT Hoses Again

I signed-up for this promo in early September and got the confirmation. I screenshotted it for reference and put a date on the title of the screenshot but didn't notice that there was no date stamp on screen itself or my GP#. It just said that I was registered.

A few days ago, I noticed that my points had not credited so I called and was told that there is no record of my signing-up for the promo. I sent them the screenshot, but they said that it wasn't proof because there was no date and it didn't show my GP #. They refused to credit my 50K points, and were really snotty about it to boot.

One more reason to leave the train wreck that is WOH (World of Hell).
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Yeah, I have often felt that those "you are registered" screenshots are unlikely to be helpful. If the loyalty programs wanted them to be helpful, they could of course show the name and date. Or even better, fix the bugs that prevent the registration from actually working as promised.

Sorry to hear this bit you.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by zombietooth
They refused to credit my 50K points, and were really snotty about it to boot.
Uhhhh.... you booked and stayed 20 nights but never checked your account balance for the bonus posting over that period

At the same time you were careful enough to save a screen shot of the registration (without showing your GP #).

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Dec 9, 2016 at 7:18 am
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
I always email for confirmation now. It sucks, but I've been screwed out of points a number of times now.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Uhhhh.... you booked and stayed 20 nights but never checked your account balance for the bonus posting over that period

At the same time you were careful enough to save a screen shot of the registration (without showing your GP #).
All of my travel is for business and OCT and NOV were very busy, so no, I didn't check my account. I just got back from Japan and had some time off and finally looked. Yes, I am stupid for trusting their crappy IT-mea culpa!

The screen shots of the registration never show your account # in my experience.
Has it been different for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.