Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's talk toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Hall Or Oates
Thanks! Not a brand I am familiar with.

And the idea of donating the hotel/airline kits to shelters is brilliant! Thanks for the good idea, and for doing good.
Since Park Hyatt has a long standing relationship with Parisian perfumer Blaise Mautin, they sort of wanted an Italian 'counterpart' to match their Milan property. Laura Tonatto was subsequently chosen and ended up in Zurich as well. The scent is quite nice, the ingredients sadly are dirt cheap.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by scented
Laura Tonatto was subsequently chosen and ended up in Zurich as well. The scent is quite nice, the ingredients sadly are dirt cheap.
I love it that you get a HUGH bottle in the suites. I hate it that they are too large to qualify for carryon.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:13 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by thucanhho
I love it that you get a HUGH bottle in the suites. I hate it that they are too large to qualify for carryon.
I always have to check a bag back from Paris after staying at the PHV due to my new "collection" of amenities there.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HMPS
No matter what brand....I pack the unused ones, collect and give it groups that serve the homeless.
If you have so many hotel amenities that you can't use them, why not keep them for your own use, purchase big bottles of normal amenities, and donate those to charity instead? They would probably appreciate that more.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by HMPS
No matter what brand....I pack the unused ones, collect and give it groups that serve the homeless.
It's too bad not all the 1/2 empty toiletries left at all hotels are donated (there is a program set up.) I was mortified when I return to my room after I checked out at Andaz Tokyo to find a 3/4 full roll of toilet paper in the trash. Seems so wasteful.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:57 pm

Can we circle back to how bad June Jacobs is? When is Hyatt going to get rid of this grandma soap??
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Can we circle back to how bad June Jacobs is? When is Hyatt going to get rid of this grandma soap??
Totally agree. An equally important question is, does anyone know of a GH that does not have June Jacobs? All GH I've stayed at carries it.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm a big fan of the Le Labo products. Especially in PH NY cause they give you larger sizes than PH DC or PH Toronto
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Totally agree. An equally important question is, does anyone know of a GH that does not have June Jacobs? All GH I've stayed at carries it.
GH Taipei had Ferragamo amenities in the suites (apparently June Jacobs in other rooms), which was a big step up from the June Jacobs we got in a suite at GH Hong Kong (although I've heard you can request alternatives).
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I greatly prefer the REN products at the GH Tokyo. They are still available for suites upon request.

The worst products I had were at the Hyatt Regency in Kyoto. The shampoo, conditioner and body wash were all as viscous as water. Maybe they were high end (?) but it was impossible to use them and the bottles were tiny. This was in the suites, not sure about the standard rooms.

June Jacobs I greatly dislike. As well as the domestic brand here in the US which is also terrible. I miss Aesop from the PH Tokyo.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:27 am

I guess the key is to remember to ask if they offer something else when at a GH.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:39 am

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi phased out Le Labo in their guest rooms and swap to June Jacobs..its so disgusting in terms of smell and quality. I don't understand why Hyatt put this brand out as a global standard.

GH Tokyo used to have high end Kose product but they had to change to June Jacobs...eck.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:37 pm

Maybe the most attractive part of June Jacobs is the price for hotels to buy. Because their product is pretty bad (and now Westin KL stocks them as well!) Yikes!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Didn't PH Sydney stock Aesop? Have they switched to Le Labo?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Originally Posted by anchor79
Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi phased out Le Labo in their guest rooms and swap to June Jacobs..its so disgusting in terms of smell and quality. .
Wow. Le Labo to June Jacobs is a massive downgrade. I don't even bother taking JJ. I wish they would upgrade the Kenet MD line as well.

PHNY continues to carry Le Labo Tubereuse 40, and all Riedel glassware in room ^.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.