Let's talk toiletries

Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could a solution be for hotels to supply the single use toiletries in their handicapped/ADA rooms and suites?
At times, yes; but that also means the hotels could otherwise supply single-use toiletries to those guests who only need a provision to address the problems with "pumping" action but really have no need for a wheel-chair "accessible" room.

They could also provide "automated" pumps that operate on electrical power (whether from a battery or not).
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Is this a Korean law or a Hyatt policy?

[I'm asking because I suspect that in the case of the US, the ADA might well come into play in some fashion here...environmental issues aside for a moment, telling a hotel to get a few hundred little shampoo bottles per month seems like a reasonable accommodation request, while the "bring your own" point gets touchy vis-a-vis some of the airline liquid rules.]
It's a Korean law going into effect next year. I can't imagine a horrible 3 bottle dispenser in the PH limestone bath area. Talk about an eyesore!

What Korean hotels are doing about plastics ban.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 12, 2021 at 10:34 pm
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:30 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by Aventine
It's a Korean law going into effect next year. I can't imagine a horrible 3 bottle dispenser in the PH limestone bath area. Talk about an eyesore!

What Korean hotels are doing about plastics ban.
Honestly, I wonder about malicious compliance options. What's to stop the hotel from dropping the price of the room by $0.50 and then charging a $0.50 "disposable goods fee" [or charging $0.25 per item that's used and having housekeeping do a tally of what they replace]? This would be not so much ignoring the spirit of the rule as much as mugging it blind in a dark alley. It also wouldn't be hard to set up a pre-order system for that [with a requirement of 24 hours' notice to get your options provided in-room] and then tag preferences to one's loyalty profile [for example, I usually end up taking a half-full shampoo container with me, but I rarely even touch the conditioner or body wash].

Admittedly, these sorts of maneuvers would get a standing ovation in parts of the US and not be looked upon well in much of Asia...something about the country existing because of a 250-year-old tax dispute...

The other thing that seems confusing...is the law banning single-use items or just single-use plastics? Different parts of the article imply different things, though I guess that's one of the "joys" of a law still being drafted.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just got an email from AmEx saying that my Plat card has an offer (must be added) for Aesop products. It's valid through the end of December: 6X points up to 10,000 points. This might interest some people here as a nice way to justify a seasonal gift to oneself.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Today in a USA HR, my suite had Pharmacopia Citrus toiletries, in brown and yellow individual packaging. I only found one type of soap, a square white facial bar, and no oblong bars with bumps of body soap. The bottles are much smaller than the older white and purple Pharmacopia containers, 22 ml vs 30 ml. Also, no shower gel, body wash, or bubble bath: just shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. It smells good, but I liked the regular Pharmacopia toiletries too
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Got these at the Hyatt Place Charleston Airport this week. What my dad would call No Name-O brand.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10

Got these at the Hyatt Place Charleston Airport this week. What my dad would call No Name-O brand.
Damn, that makes the Kenet look fancy.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Le Labo is the best
pWei likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:43 am

Do all Thompsons have DS & Durga Bowmakers? I recently returned from the Thompson Savannah and can't stop thinking about that incredible scent.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:03 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
At first I was going to question whether it was due to a supply chain issue- but it looks like those are clearly branded for Hyatt Place, based on the colors and the dots. Iím wondering if this is going to roll out chain wide for HP.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:08 am

Has anyone noticed that there are two different soap formulas in the regular purple and white Pharmacopia line? Some hotels give soap (both the round facial bar and the rectangular bath bat with massage bumps) that's pale beige in color and a bit transparent, while other hotels give very opaque white soap. I haven't figured out any pattern, such as possibly the higher quality beige version in GHs while HRs use the opaque white version which IMO is lower quality (and presumably cheaper). AFAICT the shampoo and bath gel (if it's provided) is the same regardless of which version of soap the hotel distributes.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I may have encountered C.O. Bigelow with a Hyatt property on at least one side of a JFK-LHR flight, but that was years ago. Just not as far back as Portico.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Do all Thompsons have DS & Durga Bowmakers? I recently returned from the Thompson Savannah and can't stop thinking about that incredible scent.
I second that! That scent is intoxicating! I'm still
stretching the last of the shower gel I picked up at The Cape last summer. I believe all Thompson properties carry this line of products.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
In mid-December of last year I had two stays at the Hyatt Place in Paramus, NJ separated by a few days; during that period, they switched from the Kenet to this new generic brand.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dw
At first I was going to question whether it was due to a supply chain issue- but it looks like those are clearly branded for Hyatt Place, based on the colors and the dots. Iím wondering if this is going to roll out chain wide for HP.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
In mid-December of last year I had two stays at the Hyatt Place in Paramus, NJ separated by a few days; during that period, they switched from the Kenet to this new generic brand.
That's disappointing to hear. These are worse than the Neutrogena stuff Hampton Inns use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.