Let's talk toiletries

Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gunksny
all Riedel glassware in room ^.
I think it's interesting what we notice. I would never notice this. However, if I see Kallista fixtures, I'm always impressed.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by ainternational
...I miss Aesop from the PH Tokyo.
PH Tokyo is no longer using Aesop? Those were nice, and unlike most hotels' toiletries I actually used them.

I always travel with my own products, so I usually ignore most hotel toiletries unless I find them acceptable.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
PH Tokyo is no longer using Aesop?
They were still there a couple of weeks ago.

I think he meant that he misses Aesop when he was staying there, which he's not right now.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:17 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lowjhg
PH Canberra - Le Labo Bergamote 22
PH Sydney - Le Labo Bergamote 22
PH Melbourne - Vive
GH Melbourne - June Jacobs Cucumber
HR Perth - cornucopia citrus
PH DC - Le Labo Bergamote 22
GH Bangkok - June Jacobs Lemongrass
GH Singapore - June Jacobs Cucumber
GH Kuala Lumpur - June Jacobs Cucumber
HR Tokyo - cornucopia citrus
This is wrong.

PH MEL has Le Labo. Top suites (Ambassador, Diplomatic etc) have Aesop.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
They were still there a couple of weeks ago.

I think he meant that he misses Aesop when he was staying there, which he's not right now.
I see. It's good to hear they're still there. I like those products and associate their scents with memories of stays at PHT and PH Seoul even when I have used them elsewhere.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:45 pm

Aside from Aesop and Le Labo used at PH, I must say the Hyatt chains generally have really awful toiletries.

June Jacobs at GH - they are most vile, smell soapy, overall feels cheap almost disinfectant like and when you wash with it you don't get a clean feeling.

REN at GH - better than June Jacobs but it has an overly fermented sweet smell that makes you feel like you can attract insects.

Pharmacopia at HR - on the other hand, you end up smelling like a walking talking mosquito repellent!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:52 pm

While we're at it, shall we draw up a wiki of which hotel carries what as standard, with also a note if other substitutes are available on request.

For example:

GH Hong Kong - June Jacobs, and I found out that substitutes Jo Malone and Margiela are available on request

HR Danang - Pharmacopia, no alternatives

GH Jakarta - June Jacobs, no alternatives

GH Seoul - June Jacobs, no alternatives

GH Bali - June Jacobs, no alternatives

PH Shanghai - Aromatherapy Associates

GH Tokyo - June Jacobs, alternative is REN
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by anchor79
Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi phased out Le Labo in their guest rooms and swap to June Jacobs..its so disgusting in terms of smell and quality. I don't understand why Hyatt put this brand out as a global standard.

GH Tokyo used to have high end Kose product but they had to change to June Jacobs...eck.
Hilarious... a "Park" Hyatt with June Jacobs. Another brand standard ignored at this property.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
GH Tokyo - June Jacobs, alternative is REN
No REN at GHT anymore.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by scented
Hilarious... a "Park" Hyatt with June Jacobs. Another brand standard ignored at this property.
If I am not mistaken June Jacobs often found in lower end American strip malls and shopping centers. It's completely ridiculous that purportedly high end properties would use June Jacobs amenities.

Even mass market brands like l'Occitane or Molton Brown would be an improvement over June Jacobs.

I was horrified to see that GH Erawan Bangkok even offers spa treatments using June Jacobs. Whoever is responsible for selecting June Jacobs as a Hyatt Brand standard should have their head examined.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

I was horrified to see that GH Erawan Bangkok even offers spa treatments using June Jacobs. Whoever is responsible for selecting June Jacobs as a Hyatt Brand standard should have their head examined.
Something tells me they're out with the WoH people enjoying (dead puppies or) something.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Something tells me they're out with the WoH people enjoying (dead puppies or) something.
^
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Just stayed at the newly Centric-ed Hyatt in Arlington, VA. Toiletries are now "Bee Kind" by Gilchrist and Soames. Last stay (Nov. 2016) was Kenet.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I don't mind the June Jacobs and I actually kind of like the Kenet stuff, but the Bee Kind is brutal, and when I know I'm staying at a Centric (usually the Wharf) I'll take some extra Kenet with me.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:11 am

I was in a GH Tokyo Suite last month and was horrified to see the larger size JJ toiletries in the bathroom. After 1 call, they were all switched to REN.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
No REN at GHT anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.