Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
just got back from this PH Mallorca.

​Competing (SPG) properties were closer to airport but gave me a bad vibe: "classic" in room descriptions implies OLD. SPG app goed up by 70 Euros for 1 adult+1 yr old child. But puzzling that if the 2nd person is entered as an adult it is only 40 or 50 EUR more. Also SPG resorts on the Island charge for parking.

With all those SPG downsides to consider, the new PH Mallorca seemed like a clear winner. The drive was easy, just watch out for the small gray speed camera boxes.. And whatever you do, don't confuse the passing zone sign with the german autobahn's no speed restriction sign like I did.

-Upon check at PH.. maybe 25% occupancy, (and I saw every room category avail all day long), I asked what room they were assigning me and as Globalist and they said standard room. I asked about upgrade and they asked oh, I suppose I can look for a standard room with view. How about this junior suite showing on your app, a Globalist privilege? After a back room negotiation I was told I could have one of their junior suites but only if I waited 45 more minutes. (I arrived at 9:30pm this meant no room till almost 10:30pm...on a one night stay, with an early flight the next morning).

-I was on a P&C rate but was told I needed to sign the check in paperwork at a higher rate of 196EUR vs 155EUR.

-A half hour later I relayed my family members frustration and the manager asked if we were hungry or had dinner plans. This is where PH/Andaz level properties have gone above and beyond in the past. Problem was they were in no way offering a comp, discount, or appetizer for the wait. When I asked they just explained that just breakfast will be free (as Globalist). He also said "I understand my colleague has already given you the option of a late check to make up for the delay tonight but you declined."

-The staff member who "showed us the room worked" and handed us the keys to our car parked across the lot were all but begging for a tip. It was embarrassing to see them lay on the hints, take so much time waiting to leave our room or walk around our car. We travel to 20+ countries a year and never have felt so pressured for a tip before.
​​​​​​
-Breakfast was fantastic with prompt service on the a-la-carte entrees. No prices on the list as we were told it was all included when we (bought) the free globalist breakfast.

-Borrowed resort bikes for the 10min ride down to the beach. Wonderful area, swimmable, clean sand. Was sweating bullets though that we might damage one of their bikes, as they kept very close records of every bike # that a guest borrows and returns. (More records than even renting cars on a more casual/laid back island!) Granted it may be prudent to do so, since we took them off property, instead of the communal bikes at other properties such as Andaz Mayakoba.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
just got back from this PH Mallorca.

-I was on a P&C rate but was told I needed to sign the check in paperwork at a higher rate of 196EUR vs 155EUR.
The points and cash rate at this property is Euro 114 per night.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Jun 27, 2018 at 4:56 am
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We are going to be returning here in August for a couple of nights. The Villa we wanted for the week we are in Mallorca is only available for five nights, so we are going to take advantage of the solid points plus cash redemption opportunity and spend our final two nights here. Looking forward to getting back to this corner of the island

One question, what’s the deal with breakfast at this property? I can’t recall how we got it on our last visit, whether it was included in the rate or whether I was still diamond level at the time, but I remember we did not pay for it. Is it extended to all rooms or is there a charge for it? Since our rooms will be very cheap I guess I don’t really care about having to pay for the breakfast if I have to.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:15 pm

My wife and I spent five nights here earlier this year on points; I was a Globalist at the time and upon checking in inquired about the breakfast arrangements. I was told that breakfast was complimentary for all guests, which was confirmed by our server the first morning.

Additionally, I never saw a fellow guest being presented with a breakfast check.

BTW, the breakfast offerings are fantastic; you can select the incredible buffet and/or order off of the menus.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Is this a place that you can use as a base for sightseeing or is more of a place to stay at the resort all day (due to distance to intersting sights and the town).

I have a trip planned to Spain, and struggling to use my Hyatt points (I have another preferred hotel in Madrid).

Also, is the "running around, yelling" children issue still present? I don't mind well behaved children, and when they are the opposite, it's the parents at issue.

Finally, I assume due to only one pool being heated, lap swimming is not easy?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
Is this a place that you can use as a base for sightseeing or is more of a place to stay at the resort all day (due to distance to intersting sights and the town).

I have a trip planned to Spain, and struggling to use my Hyatt points (I have another preferred hotel in Madrid).

Also, is the "running around, yelling" children issue still present? I don't mind well behaved children, and when they are the opposite, it's the parents at issue.

Finally, I assume due to only one pool being heated, lap swimming is not easy?

Thanks in advance.
If by home base you mean by 'central', then no the PH is not very close to anything. However all roads are are highly maintained, and outside of the long drive times, very easy to navigate to most places.

As far as the children go, we stayed for a week and didn't run in to any issues with other people's kids. While there were a good amount of families, we really didn't notice outside of the main pool area (which we never used due to the adult pool).
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks!

How long are "long drive times" to get to a nice town off property or a special beach?

Answering my own question in part, per google, 46 minutes to the roman ruins at Pollentia, 66 to Palma with "the usual traffic"
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I would plan for 60-90 minutes each way to get to anything on the North, South or West coasts. Between some areas requiring driving through the mountains (Valdemossa, Deia, etc. on the West, Formentor to the North) and the constant roundabouts every mile its going to take some time. However, don't let that discourage you, all of these places are well worth the drive.

Here are some things we did:

1. Spent a full day driving the Serra de Tramuntana mountain range stopping in Soller, Deia and Valldemossa (our favorite town we visited). This was a full day, as we stopped in each town and also

2. Early morning / afternoon day trip North to the Cap de Formentor light house (again driving through the mountains), stopping at the beach and visiting Pollenca.

3. Spent an afternoon in Palma and then back to Deia to visit Cala Deia, then back to Valldemossa for dinner.

As far as beaches, there are a ton. You will want to just research the areas you want to visit and see what beaches make the most sense. The beach close to the hotel (where they do the free shuttle) is OK but it was extremely packed when we went. The closest beach outside of that that we really enjoyed was Cala Mesquida. Regardless of what beach you visit, I would highly recommend either going EARLY or after 5pm to avoid large crowds / the chaos of trying to find anywhere close to park. In total, I think we hit up 5 different beaches.

Last edited by Dsm2m2; Jul 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:54 am

Great tips, thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:37 am
MrE

We stayed here August 2017 on points, but breakfast was not included. Price is 32 Euros per person and 16 Euros for our 6 year old son. So we felt the 80 Euro total wasn't worth the cost for a breakfast. Though it did look good! I am only Discoverist, so don't qualify for free breakfast based on status.

Last edited by MrE; Jul 11, 2018 at 7:00 am Reason: Corrected breakfast price
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by MrE
We stayed here August 2017 on points, but breakfast was not included. I believe they quoted us a price of 50 Euros per person and 50% off for our 6 year old son. So we felt the 125 Euro total wasn't worth the cost for a breakfast. Though it did look good! I am only Discoverist, so don't qualify for free breakfast based on status.
Why not use a Privé agent or Virtuoso? Would never pay for breakfast these days, certainly not at a Park Hyatt.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by scented
Why not use a Privé agent or Virtuoso? Would never pay for breakfast these days, certainly not at a Park Hyatt.
Because it was a points stay (free) perhaps ?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by scented
Breakfast is free at Park Hyatt Mallorca on a paid stay. Prive will offer an additional $100 credit (75 EUR) - must spend at the Asia restaurant - as well as an upgrade, late check-out and welcome gift on arrival. PM if interested!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:28 pm
MrE

Originally Posted by beachfan

Because it was a points stay (free) perhaps ?
Correct. Used 20,000 points for the 'free' stay. But wanted to clarify, as previous posts quoted staff saying 'All rates include breakfast'.

Am returning at the beginning of August this year on a points & cash rate. 10,000 + 114 EUR. Best Available is 651 EUR on hyatt.com, so it is far cheaper to simply buy 10,000 points at $240 USD (~204 EUR), for a nightly P&C total of 318 EUR, than booking the 'cash' rate. So I would assume a large number of guests book this hotel using all points, or P&C.

I assume the P&C rate also does not receive breakfast, but am waiting on the hotel to confirm.

Last edited by MrE; Jul 9, 2018 at 2:41 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by MrE
Correct. Used 20,000 points for the 'free' stay. But wanted to clarify, as previous posts quoted staff saying 'All rates include breakfast'.

Am returning at the beginning of August this year on a points & cash rate. 10,000 + 114 EUR. Best Available is 651 EUR on hyatt.com, so it is far cheaper to simply buy 10,000 points at $240 USD (~204 EUR), for a nightly P&C total of 318 EUR, than booking the 'cash' rate. So I would assume a large number of guests book this hotel using all points, or P&C.

I assume the P&C rate also does not receive breakfast, but am waiting on the hotel to confirm.
we just got back 2 weeks ago from a 1 week cash and points stay and i will have a full review on my site in the coming weeks
In regards to breakfast, its not included however i was offered a room upgrade for 30 Euro per night and that then did include breakfast.
honestly breakfast was probably my favorite meal at the resort if that tells you anything. For a family of 3 it was worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.