Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:17 am

What is a Citi Prestige Card ?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
A quick Google search will tell you.

Originally Posted by clublevel15
What is a Citi Prestige Card ?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Had a great stay here last week. Paradise.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Colin
I won't be able to return to this resort until after the promo period, but the deal gets even better for the Globalist with a Citi Prestige card who can take advantage of this deal.
The total cost for 4 night stay (Oct 8 - 12 for instance) confirmed in an Ocean Suite would be $1200 (after paying the Ocean Studio rate, confirming upgrade within 24 hours to Ocean Suite, waived resort fees, and $100 resort credit).
That's $300/n all-in for the suite you really want to be in at this resort.
Add in the F&B discount and wow!

i dint think prive price can be combined with Citi 4th night free anymore.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan

i dint think prive price can be combined with Citi 4th night free anymore.
To my knowledge - it can no longer be combined. However this particular Andaz and some of the others typically often offer a 4th night free promo through Prive or Virtuoso (however that promotion is currently not available as of right now at Mayakoba - but they have several other Prive promos that are ongoing).
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
To my knowledge - it can no longer be combined. However this particular Andaz and some of the others typically often offer a 4th night free promo through Prive or Virtuoso (however that promotion is currently not available as of right now at Mayakoba - but they have several other Prive promos that are ongoing).
Where is CityGuy1 when you need him? He's Mr. Prive johnny on the spot
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I confirmed this afternoon that Citi has changed it's policy and is no longer allowing 4th night free bookings to be combined with Hyatt Prive - existing reservations before the change are being honored.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Sorry for my delay in responding - how uncharacteristic!! I can confirm that Citi no longer combine their 4th-night free deal with the Privé amenities. However, the hotel is currently offering a promotion that's 50% off the current rate (50% is better than 25% which is what 4th night free would be on a 4-night stay). It includes the Privé perks (US$120 property credit, room upgrade confirmed, daily breakfast for 2, welcome amenity etc) plus:

• Welcome beverage upon check-in

• 25% discount on food & beverages

• Complimentary in-room mini bar, excluding alcoholic beverages

• 25% discount in our Mayan oasis, Naum Wellness & Spa

• Professional photo shoot at the resort (which includes 4 photos)

• Local farewell gift

Must book by August 31, 2018 for stays between June 29, 2018 - October 31, 2018

The hotel is also offering a special promotion for booking a Studio category room or above:

Enjoy an additional $100 property credit when booking a Studio-category room or above at the Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya. This offer requires a minimum stay of 3 nights and may be combined with any other Hyatt Privé offer at Andaz Mayakoba.

Must book by December 31, 2018 for stays between July 26, 2018 - December 31, 2018

Let me know (here or PM) if you have any other questions! Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Nice review about the Sunday brunch at Casa Amate and the spa at the Andaz Mayakoba
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Olle Ceviche has been closed, thus making Olle Taco the solo restaurant at the beach pool. Ceviche is being used almost like an overflow of sorts if you want to eat outside. So, if you eat at the pool during the day, well, expect to see much of the same at dinner at Olle Taco.

Casa Amate bar, albeit tiny, is excellent. The ‘house’ itself is very well decorated. The lighting and overall acoustics need a second look. Dinner? Nothing inspiring, food was ok, and unlikely to return on a future stay.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:19 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just tried to call and apply suite upgrade to my existing points reservation, was told this is one of 6 or so properties in the Hyatt system that do not accept suite upgrades for points reservations, one must redeem additional points for suite. Since we don't spend much time in the room, didn't spend the extra points for a suite. (Globalist)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Just tried to call and apply suite upgrade to my existing points reservation, was told this is one of 6 or so properties in the Hyatt system that do not accept suite upgrades for points reservations, one must redeem additional points for suite. Since we don't spend much time in the room, didn't spend the extra points for a suite. (Globalist)
I’ve used TSU here before. This hotel is corporate run and frequently has low occupancy (and has lots of suites!) It makes no sense they wouldn’t want TSU money (my understanding is Hyatt pays the properties extra $ when TSUs are used).

The fact that your in a points reservation should make zero difference to the hotel.

I’d call back and try again or better yet send a message through twitter.

Let us know what happens? I’m highly suspicious that some meaningful devaluations are coming and properties opting out of TSU (especially corporate run properties) could be real evidence of this...
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
I’d call back and try again or better yet send a message through twitter.
Agree. I used TSU on points in January. It was probably my best Hyatt redemption ever.

The suites here are fantastic, one of the nicest rooms I've ever had. I would definitely pay up for one.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Agree. I used TSU on points in January. It was probably my best Hyatt redemption ever.

The suites here are fantastic, one of the nicest rooms I've ever had. I would definitely pay up for one.
I was there two weeks ago and used a TSU on an all points stay for 4 nights and received a two category upgrade to a beachfront suite. I found the hotel to be excellent and managed very well. The only issue was the sea weed which the hotel did it’s best to clean up every day and for me was a not a huge problem.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by martinplas
The only issue was the sea weed which the hotel did it’s best to clean up every day and for me was a not a huge problem.
I think that varies based on time of year. I was there early January and there was none.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.