Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:01 am

Google USA transfers for ground transportation. We've used them the past two years in a row, and it's been flawless.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Staying here on Dec, 26-31 with points. Was surprised to find availability as the base room rate was $1,000/night. I saw upthread a photo of the cash upgrade chart, does any one have any recent experience with getting cash upgrades during high season? Am I being unrealistic in hoping that we can at least get a lagoon suite?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Staying here on Dec, 26-31 with points. Was surprised to find availability as the base room rate was $1,000/night. I saw upthread a photo of the cash upgrade chart, does any one have any recent experience with getting cash upgrades during high season? Am I being unrealistic in hoping that we can at least get a lagoon suite?
If they are selling it, sure, but I would expect the hotel to be at or near capacity during these dates and therefore highly unlikely. We'll be there from the 30th-6th on P+C and confirmed a Lagoon Suite using a TSU, so I am also very happy with the redemption value. Maybe we'll see you by the pool!

Speaking of the pool, does anyone know if the Andaz allows floats in the pool? I know some hotels explicitly forbid so just wondering if this hotel has such a policy.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by roder
If they are selling it, sure, but I would expect the hotel to be at or near capacity during these dates and therefore highly unlikely. We'll be there from the 30th-6th on P+C and confirmed a Lagoon Suite using a TSU, so I am also very happy with the redemption value. Maybe we'll see you by the pool!

Speaking of the pool, does anyone know if the Andaz allows floats in the pool? I know some hotels explicitly forbid so just wondering if this hotel has such a policy.

Yes I believe they do. I recall several at the lagoon pool but I’m pretty sure they were owned by the hotel. I don’t think you should have any issues.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was just here last week!

One quick tip/trip for people using TSUs:
The Beach Suite is now considered a "standard" suite along with the Lagoon View suite. So a TSU will get you into the beach suite if you'd prefer. Also while I was there I was booked into the Lagoon Suite and wanted to upgrade to the beach suite. At first they offered $50/nt to upgrade, but when I said that the beach suite is a standard suite and that the TSU upgrades to it (I was using a TSU) they upgraded me for free.

Lagoon View Suite vs Beach Suite:
The layouts of the interiors of these are the exact same. The Beach Suite has a better location (in my opinion), but Lagoon View has better/more outdoor space and much better views.

Beach Suite: The location is (obviously) much closer to the beach. A one minute walk to the beach and beach-side pool (along with Olla restaurants). However, on the first floor you have practically no view (they have foliage directly in front of the room, and at least in the room I had, it would have been the golf course just a few feet from our room).

Lagoon View: The views of the lagoon are really neat. We saw schools of fish, tarpon (larger fish) and other wildlife directly from our room. And the balcony area is much larger - it's actual living space. And we had as much natural sunlight as possible which meant that people liked hanging out on the deck with breezes and sun and the view.

Ultimately though, we ended up deciding to move from Lagoon to Beach because we didn't want to be constantly taking the 10 minute golf cart ride back and forth (and calling for and waiting for said golf cart).

Overall summary:
Our family really loved the resort. The people are great, very friendly. After a couple interactions they employees tended to remember names, where you're from, how long you've been there, etc. The breakfast buffet is very good, and the chefs are happy to help make whatever you want even if you don't see it up (for example, my wife was putting together ingredients from buffet for Chilaquiles - the chef went ahead and made a plate for her).
We loved the nature and feeling like it wasn't a big mega-resort, with all the personal interactions.
The kids loved the kids club (Kimbo). It was never very busy, but they usually went a couple times per day and had a great time.
We would definitely return in the future. Honestly, before staying here I didn't really "get" the Andaz brand, but if this is any indication I'll gladly be looking into other Andaz's (particularly looking @ Papagayo now).
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:09 pm

Is there any trick/tips for finding P+C rates? Seems like they come available within 3 weeks of travel. I see nothing 5-6 months out..

TIA
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:25 am

Going to be there next week Dec 20th thru 25th. They say occupancy is almost full. Question for you guys around dining. Any suggestions around all the options in the neighboring resorts? I have heard and read Saffron is a definite. Any other a most recommendations? I dont think we plan on leaving the resort area during our 5 nights.

I have been told by Andaz to book in advance for all dining (reminds me of NYC/Paris etc). Do I really need to do that? Thoughts? Can I wait till I get there and decide then?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Going to be there next week Dec 20th thru 25th. They say occupancy is almost full. Question for you guys around dining. Any suggestions around all the options in the neighboring resorts? I have heard and read Saffron is a definite. Any other a most recommendations? I dont think we plan on leaving the resort area during our 5 nights.

I have been told by Andaz to book in advance for all dining (reminds me of NYC/Paris etc). Do I really need to do that? Thoughts? Can I wait till I get there and decide then?
My guess is that if you'd like the "marquee" restaurant, then you should get reservations. If you're looking at the other restaurants, it probably isn't necessary. Over thanksgiving (when Andaz was ~50% full) the Olla restaurants had plenty of capacity. Cocina Milagro was fairly busy during the morning buffet rush.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
They sent email with attachment and asked us to fill out all information and email back. Have anyone received this email? I wonder if it is necessary. Thank you!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by milemission
They sent email with attachment and asked us to fill out all information and email back. Have anyone received this email? I wonder if it is necessary. Thank you!
I got this too. It's all basically a bunch of upsells. I didn't fill it out but replied back with a few pieces of information I thought were pertinent and 2 dining requests.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by roder
I got this too. It's all basically a bunch of upsells. I didn't fill it out but replied back with a few pieces of information I thought were pertinent and 2 dining requests.
I did ask for all menus from all the resorts in the mayatoba complex vs me emailing each resort.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:17 pm

I was able to get free Continental Breakfast from Olla Taco. Does anyone know what a continental breakfast from Olla Taco entails?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:43 pm

at Olla, the waiter will know you have included breakfast and present a bill for the same amount at Cocina Milagro. it didn’t matter what we ordered from the menu and ate from the small buffet spread.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
I did ask for all menus from all the resorts in the mayatoba complex vs me emailing each resort.
Did they actually send them to you?

Separately, as I'm staying over NYE, they sent me the special holiday event info. Apparently Cocina Milargo is doing a New Year's Day Brunch starting at 6AM for 650MXN (~$33) and they are NOT allowing Globalists to use the breakfast benefit. Only option on that morning is Olla Taco. While I'm glad there's an alternative I think it's a little silly that they are excluding this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Also going in couple of weeks over holidays. Trying to plan new year eve plans. Any information would be helpful. Our kids are in college and want them to enjoy also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.