Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Rates are super cheap next week. $199 + DSU upgrade. Anyone thinking of hiding out in Mexico for a while with the coronavirus is going?
The expensive part is getting there, I'm getting quotes at about $27,000 rt for 6 days for charter on a light jet cause demand is so high right now.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was thinking about Mayakoba, but it would really suck to get seriously ill in Mexico.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Agree with Kacee

Originally Posted by Kacee
I was thinking about Mayakoba, but it would really suck to get seriously ill in Mexico.
14 day quarantine is because c virus had 14 day incubation. You could feel fine when you leave and while at Mayakoba get sick. Even the evacuation policy I subscribe to, Med Jet , sent an email saying no evacuation for C-19
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas
14 day quarantine is because c virus had 14 day incubation. You could feel fine when you leave and while at Mayakoba get sick. Even the evacuation policy I subscribe to, Med Jet , sent an email saying no evacuation for C-19
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:31 pm

assuming the US would even accept you home
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazieman
Rates are super cheap next week. $199 + DSU upgrade. Anyone thinking of hiding out in Mexico for a while with the coronavirus is going?
The expensive part is getting there, I'm getting quotes at about $27,000 rt for 6 days for charter on a light jet cause demand is so high right now.
Was considering it but the fees add up quickly. The “Resort/Destination Fee” gets waived but not the “Service Fee” or Value Added Tax or any of those random fees.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Anyone been here post lockdown? How's their new sanitation protocols?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
Anyone been here post lockdown? How's their new sanitation protocols?
This hotel is **always** spotless. However, please get educated on COVID-19. Sanitation has very little to do with the spread of the virus. It spreads PERSON TO PERSON, and hotel sanitation has nothing to do with who is in the facility, and whether they cough/sneeze/yell or even breath in your direction. That's how it spreads. What you should be asking is how is social distancing being maintained, are masks being mandated to be worn by EVERYONE (not just workers), etc., etc., etc.

So far, it appears the Mexican resorts and frankly most Hyatt resorts are NOT requiring masks for guests - especially indoors. That needs to change before I, for one, will feel comfortable going back.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
So far, it appears the Mexican resorts and frankly most Hyatt resorts are NOT requiring masks for guests - especially indoors. That needs to change before I, for one, will feel comfortable going back.
I don't see resorts mandating that masks be worn outdoors. Indoors it makes sense (hallways, elevators, lobby), but many indoor facilities don't really work with masks - restaurants, bars, indoor pools, even gyms are tough.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:41 pm

Thanks for the insight. I actually am familiar with how COVID-19 is spreads and do actively practice social distancing. We will wear masks regardless, even tho it is not required. My question was for surface spread, per the CDC it is still unknown. Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...d-spreads.html

You're right if everyone was educated, the US would have been able to flatten the curve...

The virus may be spread in other ways

It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads, but we are still learning more about how this virus spreads.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by faboi0us
My question was for surface spread, per the CDC it is still unknown.
I wouldn't trust a single thing CDC says about COVID. Remember, they said masks are not effective.

My biggest concern in Mexico right now (apart from crime, which is always an issue) would be what happens if you get sick.
AirbusFan2B and faboi0us like this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:20 pm

I wouldn't trust a single thing CDC says about COVID. Remember, they said masks are not effective.

My biggest concern in Mexico right now (apart from crime, which is always an issue) would be what happens if you get sick.
IMJ you would have to stay isolate in your suite ,Use room service and burn it out with a good bottle of Mescal or Tiquilla ,some limes and really good hot Chile’s.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:20 pm

IMJ you would have to stay isolate in your suite ,Use room service and burn it out with a good bottle of Mescal or Tiquilla ,some limes and really good hot Chile’s.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Unless you develop more severe symptoms and need to be hospitalized.

Originally Posted by martinplas
Old Jul 18, 2020, 9:02 am

I'm en-route to this property, paid stay + TSU into a Beach Suite. I hope it's upgraded further to a bi-level suite since capacity is pretty low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.