Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2024, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Daftryan
Curious if you've actually stayed here? It definitely is not "easy" to order Uber eats food to this resort. Drivers are never available.
Yep I’ve posted about my stays before in this thread. Didn’t find it hard to get Uber eats, maybe something changed recently but I put the pin close to the entrance and didn’t have many issues. Didn’t find it harder than ordering to PDC hotels much.

I think no one will pick up a few tacos but if you do a bigger order someone should take it.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 10:54 pm

Programs: United
were there good food options on uber eats?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 10:56 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by Kacee
Agree very high, but not unusual for high-end Mexican resorts in high-end destinations these days. The disconnect between resort pricing and what the locals pay (and are paid) is truly insane, similar to Bali.
the worst part is not that is high , it's that food is just not good. not worth at all the high prices, maybe 25% of the prices.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by computerguy
were there good food options on uber eats?
Nothing particularly outstanding. Its mostly the same restaurants that are in PDC but with higher prices and longer delivery time so the food is lukewarm by the time it arrives. However its like 10-20% the cost of the resort so you can get a lot of food. I didn't really find resort prices that high and food was what I expected for a resort like this so all in all I only did uber eats a few times when the resort food got really boring. The food at the other connected resorts was better, but also much higher priced.
Old May 1, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
I always expect to pay more at resorts. When at Mayakoba we always get rides to the other resorts in that complex to go out at night and eat Thai food, and Italian. The other are expensive too , and we’ve found them to be a nice change from Myakobas so so food. I would be cautious with delivery from places not in the complex, as being in Mexico for us requires special attention to what we eat and drink, due to digestive concerns. In the past the Hotels provided free rides back and forth between them.
Old May 6, 2024, 8:29 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by olouie
Wish I read the recent reviews before booking my trip for next week. At least the suite upgrade is nice. Hopefully not as busy as over the holidays.
Originally Posted by olouie
Overall really liked the resort and it was much much better than the Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen. Would return for sure.
Just to be sure I understand correctly... the reviews you read after booking made you skeptic of the resort... but then you figured you really liked it. So are the comments/reviews just worse than actual?

I have been twice to GH PDC and liked it very much, need 5 nights in the Cancun area and am considering the GH again or the Andaz. The AI's somehow just do not appeal to my wife and I.

So you'd definitely go for the Andaz? I sort of enjoyed the Lounge at GH which is a big plus. Not big eaters in the evening.
TIA
Old May 6, 2024, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Just to be sure I understand correctly... the reviews you read after booking made you skeptic of the resort... but then you figured you really liked it. So are the comments/reviews just worse than actual?

I have been twice to GH PDC and liked it very much, need 5 nights in the Cancun area and am considering the GH again or the Andaz. The AI's somehow just do not appeal to my wife and I.

So you'd definitely go for the Andaz? I sort of enjoyed the Lounge at GH which is a big plus. Not big eaters in the evening.
TIA
Yeah I think reviews are worst than I experienced. It wasn’t a perfect stay but by far better than the GH where everything was kind of a disaster. Lounge was fine but with so many cheap food options a few minutes walk away I didn’t find it that useful. I would return to the Andaz.
59Impala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.