Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Matt4200

I’m so confused by this like why?
Its a math test
Old May 22, 2024, 2:31 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

I’m so confused by this like why?
really weird, who wouldn‘t go for the 3k points, unless you are hosting a massive dinner at the hotel to get double points.

I had the rate with 3k bonus points at a HP, cheap points to earn.
Old May 22, 2024, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Hide
Appreciated, always thought there's some form of standard rules for Corp rates. Other properites does show that Destination Fee is included in the booking page, just weirdly Hyatt Soma doesn't state otherwise.
I just looked with my corporate rate and noticed the same thing. There are properties that include the destination fee and others that do not. Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf Francisco is the only property that specifically says "waived destination fee" in the rate rules.

California is cracking down on businesses to be more transparent with their fees. I would imagine if your rate does not include the destination fee, then you might not have to pay it. You could always call the hotel and confirm.
Old May 22, 2024, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
really weird, who wouldn‘t go for the 3k points, unless you are hosting a massive dinner at the hotel to get double points.

I had the rate with 3k bonus points at a HP, cheap points to earn.
I’m more confused why the 500 points Costs the most?
Old May 23, 2024, 11:36 am

I have a couple of newbie questions.
Q1. If I, as a Globalist, book a room with points, am I theoretically able to get an upgrade up to a standard suite room?
Q2. What happens if I use a free room certificate (Cat 1-4 or 1-7)? Am I able to be entitled for the standard suite upgrade?

Thank you.
michaelmorio
Old May 23, 2024, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by michaelmorio
I have a couple of newbie questions.
Q1. If I, as a Globalist, book a room with points, am I theoretically able to get an upgrade up to a standard suite room?
Q2. What happens if I use a free room certificate (Cat 1-4 or 1-7)? Am I able to be entitled for the standard suite upgrade?

Thank you.
michaelmorio
Sane answer to both questions -

If you arrive and a standard suite is available you are eligible for an upgrade to it whether you book on points, cash or a Free Night Certificate.
Old May 23, 2024, 12:38 pm

Sane answer to both questions -

If you arrive and a standard suite is available you are eligible for an upgrade to it whether you book on points, cash or a Free Night Certificate.
Matt4200,

Thank you for your quick response.

michaelmorio
Old May 24, 2024, 6:13 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
As a Marriott & Hilton loyalist (lifetime statuses on both), trying out Hyatt for the first time, as work had a block of rooms, and I want to utilize one of ‘em. It’ll be for 5 days at a Hyatt Place.

Besides adding my membership number (no status), anything else FT’ers would recommend to make the stay better (something like status challenge / match): i.e. Early check in, late check outs, etc.? Don’t care much about upgrades / breakfast.
Old May 24, 2024, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
As a Marriott & Hilton loyalist (lifetime statuses on both), trying out Hyatt for the first time, as work had a block of rooms, and I want to utilize one of ‘em. It’ll be for 5 days at a Hyatt Place.

Besides adding my membership number (no status), anything else FT’ers would recommend to make the stay better (something like status challenge / match): i.e. Early check in, late check outs, etc.? Don’t care much about upgrades / breakfast.
I’d definitely temper your expectations Hyatt Place is about the equivalent of Hilton Garden Inn. I actively avoid Hyatt Place as the beds hurt my back for some reason along with being very limited service.
AvidFlyer1990 likes this.
Old May 24, 2024, 8:47 pm

I’d definitely temper your expectations Hyatt Place is about the equivalent of Hilton Garden Inn. I actively avoid Hyatt Place as the beds hurt my back for some reason along with being very limited service.
Thank you! This helps. If given the choice between HP , ALOFT, Courtyard by Marriott and Springhill Suites, which would you prefer (esp. room cleanliness-wise)?
Old May 24, 2024, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Thank you! This helps. If given the choice between HP , ALOFT, Courtyard by Marriott and Springhill Suites, which would you prefer (esp. room cleanliness-wise)?
Which part of the world are we talking here? If in the US, I'd say Hyatt Place. If in the world... CY moves up in the standings. Very subjective opinion. HP is a decent choice no matter what though, if available.
Old May 24, 2024, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Which part of the world are we talking here? If in the US, I'd say Hyatt Place. If in the world... CY moves up in the standings. Very subjective opinion. HP is a decent choice no matter what though, if available.
This would be Midwest USA: WI.Thank you though: this gives me hope => first stay in decades without hotel status. Hope they don’t stick me in an unclean parking-view room that is ready only at 8 pm. Also, reaching the hotel at 11:30-12 noon: any tips / tricks for an early chk-in?
Old May 25, 2024, 4:05 am

I signed up for the corporate challenge. Does anyone know if getting double nights (the Thompson promo) and nights through CC spend qualifies as nights earned for the challenge? Thanks!
Old May 25, 2024, 6:35 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
This would be Midwest USA: WI.Thank you though: this gives me hope => first stay in decades without hotel status. Hope they don’t stick me in an unclean parking-view room that is ready only at 8 pm. Also, reaching the hotel at 11:30-12 noon: any tips / tricks for an early chk-in?
on a roadtrip in the midwest and have a total of 5 HP. On 3 HP so far I received a special offer for early checkin. While it is free for me as LT Glob, the offer 9a and 12p early checkin (guaranteed) for around 40$, else it is subject to availability to checkin early.
AvidFlyer1990 likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; May 25, 2024 at 1:35 pm
Old May 25, 2024, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by DCBound2016
I signed up for the corporate challenge. Does anyone know if getting double nights (the Thompson promo) and nights through CC spend qualifies as nights earned for the challenge? Thanks!
Only “Butt in bed” nights count for challenges.

Last edited by Matt4200; May 25, 2024 at 9:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.