Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
TYVM - pretty similar to Starwood, so has some good teeth
Old May 2, 2019, 2:51 pm

I booked a double point booking - two rooms at $798 each. As far as base points go, do I get $798 x 2 x 5 x 2 = 15,960?
Old May 2, 2019, 4:12 pm

Has anyone had any luck at all with using points to upgrade rooms booked with free night certs? I have an upcoming stay at the Andaz Papagayo that uses a mixture of points and FNC's. I e-mailed the hotel and they offered me cash upgrade options, but nothing with points. Anyone had any luck or have any ideas?
Old May 4, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: BA
is it possible for a hotel to have points plus cash availability but not full points...? that is what i'm seeing at hyatt regency milwaukee.

funny, i woulda killed for that points+cash availability last year but now it's a ripoff ($125 to save 4,000 pts per night)
Old May 5, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by wiivile
is it possible for a hotel to have points plus cash availability but not full points...? that is what i'm seeing at hyatt regency milwaukee.

funny, i woulda killed for that points+cash availability last year but now it's a ripoff ($125 to save 4,000 pts per night)
Yes, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I've seen it.
Old May 5, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by wittenscafe
I booked a double point booking - two rooms at $798 each. As far as base points go, do I get $798 x 2 x 5 x 2 = 15,960?
No, you'll get that for redeemable points (plus any status bonus) but base points are not doubled.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:26 am

Hi,

one question, is it possible to use points to upgrade a paid Hyatt prive stay?

I am staying at park Hyatt Dubai for 3 nights and was thinking of buying 18.000 points for the guaranteed upgrade to a suite. Does that work or not?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by elgato
I am staying at park Hyatt Dubai for 3 nights and was thinking of buying 18.000 points for the guaranteed upgrade to a suite. Does that work or not?
Yes, that should work. However, you should call Hyatt about suite upgrade availability on your reservation before you buy the points. I don't think properties are required to make suites available for these upgrades in all cases even if you see them available for sale.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No! It's not possible, but sometimes the website will show it.

If there is standard room availability, it can be booked with points. When I've seen a standard room not available with points, I've called in and they have booked it. I didn't have to argue, complain, or quote program terms. I'd just say I wanted to reserve the room with points, and they did it.

As a side note, a Cat 2 hotel going for $250/night seems a bit on the steep side. Definitely book that with points
Old May 8, 2019, 8:15 am

Can you / what happens if you use Explorist club access certificates on a hotel with no lounge, or a hotel whose lounge is closed (e.g. on weekends)? I have a few certificates that are expiring, so I'm wondering what happens if I try to use them at the HR San Antonio (no lounge) or the HR Milwaukee (weekend stay, lounge closed on weekends). Maybe could get something cool instead like a free dining credit or breakfast?
Old May 8, 2019, 8:50 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Can you / what happens if you use Explorist club access certificates on a hotel with no lounge, or a hotel whose lounge is closed (e.g. on weekends)? I have a few certificates that are expiring, so I'm wondering what happens if I try to use them at the HR San Antonio (no lounge) or the HR Milwaukee (weekend stay, lounge closed on weekends). Maybe could get something cool instead like a free dining credit or breakfast?
no experience as a Globalist, but you may find the answer here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ge-awards.html
Old May 11, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Quick Q - which Hyatt free nights last 180 days and which last 1 year?

I *think* the CC ones ($15K spend / annual night) are the full year ones, and ones like the 5 brand / Explorist / Globalist ones are the 180 night ones, but not totally sure...thanks.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Stupid question I know but trying to online search isn't working.

Can somebody point me to a recent post where the Hyatt Lurker leaves contact information?

Thanks
Old May 13, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think you may be thinking of: World of Hyatt Concierge
Old May 13, 2019, 3:51 pm

noob question: can i book a room for my friend visiting the same hotel on the same dates as me, using points from my explorist account, even if i am not staying in his room, as long i will be staying in the same hotel (different room) with him? do i have to note this on the reservation somewhere? will only my room be eligible for explorist benefits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.