Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gioventu
Does the unofficial free-night award after staying at 50 different properties still exist?
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this. Is it discussed somewhere on FT?
+100
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:34 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gioventu
Does the unofficial free-night award after staying at 50 different properties still exist?
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this. Is it discussed somewhere on FT?
I assume this is what Gioventu is asking about ...

50 Unique Hotels Visited – 1 Free Night Gift (Targetted) - including poll - Over? - FlyerTalk Forums

The last post in that thread was almost 6 years ago, back in the GP days. There's been no reports of anything since then so I think it's safe to say it no longer exists.
Gioventu likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:43 pm

How do you earn base points at restaurants when dining but not staying at a Hyatt?

I went to the Deli at the Hyatt Regency in Orange County and asked if I would earn Hyatt base points on the transaction. The staff member said "yes" and I would not need to give her my Hyatt number if I paid using my Hyatt Credit Card. I checked past activity on my account and I can see that the bonus points from the credit card posted but the base points never posted. Do I need to wait or did the staff member lie to me about if/how to earn Hyatt base points there?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by randomasian
How do you earn base points at restaurants when dining but not staying at a Hyatt?

I went to the Deli at the Hyatt Regency in Orange County and asked if I would earn Hyatt base points on the transaction. The staff member said "yes" and I would not need to give her my Hyatt number if I paid using my Hyatt Credit Card. I checked past activity on my account and I can see that the bonus points from the credit card posted but the base points never posted. Do I need to wait or did the staff member lie to me about if/how to earn Hyatt base points there?
Thats a lie they have to input your number to earn the 5 points per dollar spent.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Is there an easy way to shop Hyatts that have executive lounges?
Old May 2, 2022, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bkkth
Hyatt makes it easier than say Marriott when it comes to this - most (if not all) HRs should have lounges as a brand standard (though not all may be open at the moment). Same with GHs I believe (though that may not be as universal).

Sure others can chime in with random other outliers (likely int'l) that may have lounges or equivalent.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:58 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bkkth
There have been multiple attempts to list properties with clubs here over the years, but it's proven difficult to maintain accuracy. Even in pre-COVID times, clubs would close on weekends, seasonally, and even permanently. In normal times, the GH brand was usually a reliable indicator of the presence of a Grand Club. On the other hand, HR hasn't been for some time. I'm just guessing here, but based on several metro areas, fewer than 50% of the HRs had clubs. Today, the number of clubs in HRs is likely less as several that were closed due to COVID will not be reopening.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:06 am

If I earn 2 club level access awards from hitting 20 nights in October 2022, how long do I have to use them?
Old May 2, 2022, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
It is normal under certain circumstances. The hotel must have upgraded you internally instead of in the system, for some reason. Did you use points for the booking? And is the suite that you were upgraded into normally bookable based on your party size? Eg, my last TSU did not reflect the suite upgrade in the reservation because our party of 2 adults and 2 kids was not allowed in the suite (though the hotel was making an exception for us)
I did use points, yes! And the suite is bookable for the party size.

Originally Posted by Illinwu
It happened to us in March (cash booking); the system was showing the original room type. Enjoy your stay!
Great, thanks! Definitely eases my concerns.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Soriak
I did use points, yes! And the suite is bookable for the party size.
Ah ok, it has been stated in these threads that points bookings with TSU do not reflect in the guest's reservation. (I've not done this before so don't have firsthand experience)
Old May 3, 2022, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
If I earn 2 club level access awards from hitting 20 nights in October 2022, how long do I have to use them?
Til end of Feb 2024
Old May 3, 2022, 10:17 am

Long term parking at airport adjacent Hyatt

Staying at a US Hyatt Place before heading to Europe. Hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport. Planning on leaving my car at the HP and ubering to the airport. Will this be an issue?
Old May 3, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Staying at a US Hyatt Place before heading to Europe. Hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport. Planning on leaving my car at the HP and ubering to the airport. Will this be an issue?
depends on the property and what “long term” means.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Some hotels have (some combination of) “Park Stay Fly” rates which include a certain # of days of parking, some hotels (especially an “airport adjacent” hotel with free parking) aggressively remove unauthorized cars from their parking lot.

Best to call and ask the specific hotel, it’s doubtful you’re the only person who’s had that thought and doubtful you want to risk having your car towed. (Particularly if your username is accurate and your flying from an international airport which is drivable from NJ and undoubtedly has outrageously infuriating expensive parking.)

FWIW, if it’s EWR, Parking Spot Haynes might be the least outrageously infuriating and is the only Parking Spot location still open at EWR.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
FWIW, if it’s EWR, Parking Spot Haynes might be the least outrageously infuriating and is the only Parking Spot location still open at EWR.
OT but they have gotten insanely variably priced as of late, over $30/night w/tax...buying in advance at P4 is now cheaper typically

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.