Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
Thanks for that confirmation. I had just about reached that conclusion.

But then I needed to change my opinion to "points + cash rarely makes sense for standard rooms." I found a couple of properties that had a rate called something like LP Suite upgrade. I don't recall the dates or properties (in the end, I didn't stay at the properties), but the "suite upgrade" P+C (valuing a point at 1.8¢) did seem to make financial sense, if one wanted the suite.
Yeah, that’s why I said rarely. I have seen some with no standard rooms too but will sell a suite this way. Was hoping for more data as everything I’ve personally seen and tried hasn’t yielded a p+c worth booking that way.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi! Is there any way to recognize if an award reservation was a "points advanced" reservation? I had a reservation for 40.000 points for a SLH hotel. I had to move this reservation to a new date what I could not do online by myself. So contacted customer service and they moved the reservation for me. After a few hours I noticed that I received the 40.000 points back to my account balance. However, the reservation shows as confirmed (I also asked the hotel and they received the reservation) but with a total rate of "0 points" (this is shown on Hyatt.com). The points I got refunded were not deducted again. I also asked Hyatt if the reservation is fine as I was confused by the rate of "0 points" but they said it would be fine and this should be a display error. Could that reservation be booked under a "points advanced" rate or does this look different? Or maybe just made the agent an error while rebooking me? Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Enskie
Hi! Is there any way to recognize if an award reservation was a "points advanced" reservation? I had a reservation for 40.000 points for a SLH hotel. I had to move this reservation to a new date what I could not do online by myself. So contacted customer service and they moved the reservation for me. After a few hours I noticed that I received the 40.000 points back to my account balance. However, the reservation shows as confirmed (I also asked the hotel and they received the reservation) but with a total rate of "0 points" (this is shown on Hyatt.com). The points I got refunded were not deducted again. I also asked Hyatt if the reservation is fine as I was confused by the rate of "0 points" but they said it would be fine and this should be a display error. Could that reservation be booked under a "points advanced" rate or does this look different? Or maybe just made the agent an error while rebooking me? Thanks!
Check Past Activity it should show you.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Check Past Activity it should show you.
Thank you! There is no activity for this reservation under Past Activity. I can see some other redemptions but none for this one. Maybe I was lucky and an agent made an error.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
What are all the vanilla Hyatt's? Using the filter "Hyatt Hotels" on Hotels & Resorts brings up quite a few hotels I am pretty sure are not vanilla Hyatt.

I know Hyatt Palm Springs is one, but that property is so run down, I really would rather not stay there to collect one more stamp for my brand explorer award.

Thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
As a side note I have seen some properties (as a gesture) waive parking anyways, but it’s rare and not a guaranteed benefit.

Also, it’s really rare I’d say to find a points + cash rate that even makes financial sense. It’s pretty much always either all points or all cash that’s the best option. If you have an example of one where Points + Cash makes better sense I’d love to hear it.
In my case I believe it makes sense. Staying at the Thompson Dallas. Regular room points rate is 25k. The Thompson Suite which is going for $1400 the same night is 25k plus $160. Think I'm getting a steal but I'm new at this and could be wrong.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
In my case I believe it makes sense. Staying at the Thompson Dallas. Regular room points rate is 25k. The Thompson Suite which is going for $1400 the same night is 25k plus $160. Think I'm getting a steal but I'm new at this and could be wrong.
Cash and points often makes sense. If it's important for you to be confirmed into a suite then go for it.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by happychic
What are all the vanilla Hyatt's? Using the filter "Hyatt Hotels" on Hotels & Resorts brings up quite a few hotels I am pretty sure are not vanilla Hyatt.

I know Hyatt Palm Springs is one, but that property is so run down, I really would rather not stay there to collect one more stamp for my brand explorer award.

Thank you.
Looks like there aren't many. Hyatt seems to count at least some of their Hyatt Vacation Club properties as a vanilla Hyatt for the explorer badge.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NJTeacher
I'm seeing these rates too. Interesting indeed. Wish I could find this pricing at the cape

Edit: just noticed that with the points rebate promo, this is definitely a steal.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by happychic

Thank you.
I believe there is one in Rosemont, IL, just outside O'Hare.
happychic likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinjm
Looks like there aren't many. Hyatt seems to count at least some of their Hyatt Vacation Club properties as a vanilla Hyatt for the explorer badge.
Interesting. Do you know which Hyatt Vacation Clubs count for the vanilla Hyatt explorer badge?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xobile
I believe there is one in Rosemont, IL, just outside O'Hare.
I feel like ~90% of us on FT have gotten the badge at this property
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:16 pm

are people still able to get 10k points for expired / about to expire cat 1-4 free night certificates?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Boringbarry
are people still able to get 10k points for expired / about to expire cat 1-4 free night certificates?
+1 Just asked and was told ask again after expiration to “review the account” (asked today 4/18/22).
Boringbarry likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:49 pm

Person 1 (no status) has booked several nights on points (nights 1-3 of the stay). Person 2 (Discoverist status) is planning to book several additional nights on points (nights 4-6 of the stay).

Is there any benefit to Person 1 cancelling their booking, transferring points to Person 2 and getting Person 2 to book the whole stay under their name/status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.