Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:21 pm

For those that have booked using the Hyatt Healthcare Heroes rate - has anyone been asked for verification of healthcare worker status when checking in or at any other time?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal
For those that have booked using the Hyatt Healthcare Heroes rate - has anyone been asked for verification of healthcare worker status when checking in or at any other time?
It's been hit or miss, but that might be because I often check in late at night wearing scrubs and looking haggard. They've never asked for anything more than my badge, and don't seem fussed that it doesn't have a title or date on it.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:13 pm

This may be a stupid question so I'm happy this is a flame-free thread. I recall seeing a "Pay my way" feature a while back where I could choose any combination of points/cash/free night certs for a single stay. I have not seen this feature on any of my most recent reservations and I'm wondering where it has gone. I want to book a multi-night stay using a combination of cash and points. Is there a way to do this without making separate reservations?
Old Apr 24, 2021, 4:29 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by FlyHappy33
This may be a stupid question so I'm happy this is a flame-free thread. I recall seeing a "Pay my way" feature a while back where I could choose any combination of points/cash/free night certs for a single stay. I have not seen this feature on any of my most recent reservations and I'm wondering where it has gone. I want to book a multi-night stay using a combination of cash and points. Is there a way to do this without making separate reservations?

there is a thread on this topic with experiences. Although the latest post I do not agree with. I have recently ( about a month ago?) seen the option. Not all hotels offer it though for some reason.

World of Hyatt’s new “Pay My Way” feature

edit: random search showed this possibility. Posted in the respective thread,
FlyHappy33 likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Apr 24, 2021 at 5:50 am
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:29 am

First-time Globalist, just hit 60 nights. Already have a one-night stay booked for June w/ points at a Cat 7 property. Was hoping to sub in my Cat 1-7 cert earned for hitting 60 nights. Called Globalist line and they told me I couldn't do it because there isn't another room bookable via points (i.e., they said you need to make a new reservation w/ the cert and just cancel the old one). True that you can't sub in a cert for an existing reservation or should I try again w/ a different agent?
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:49 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by keand
First-time Globalist, just hit 60 nights. Already have a one-night stay booked for June w/ points at a Cat 7 property. Was hoping to sub in my Cat 1-7 cert earned for hitting 60 nights. Called Globalist line and they told me I couldn't do it because there isn't another room bookable via points (i.e., they said you need to make a new reservation w/ the cert and just cancel the old one). True that you can't sub in a cert for an existing reservation or should I try again w/ a different agent?
In general, you are not able to replace points with a certificate in an existing reservation. You need to make a new reservation using the Cat 1-7 certificate. Some have claimed their MHC was able to do the swap for them, but others have reported their MHC was unable to do this. The 3 MHCs that I've had have all said you needed a new reservation.
keand likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by skj
In general, you are not able to replace points with a certificate in an existing reservation. You need to make a new reservation using the Cat 1-7 certificate. Some have claimed their MHC was able to do the swap for them, but others have reported their MHC was unable to do this. The 3 MHCs that I've had have all said you needed a new reservation.
Generally the way that all hotel reservation systems work is that when you try to change a reservation, the system tries to book a new reservation before canceling your existing reservation. That means that all dates and rate categories need to be available, else it may result in a higher rate or unavailable. That's a real pain when what you are trying to do is shorten a reservation by a day at either end- it's often not possible. Sometimes the premium agents can do that manually. Sometimes they cannot. I imagine that subbing an award for cash pay works generally the same way.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by keand
I tried the same thing with the twitter concierge and my hyatt concierge and neither would/could do this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:20 pm

Here's a general question that may have been answered before, but is somewhat difficult to search for. I'm aware that many resorts play games with reward availability and will classify standard rooms differently in order to avoid making them available for reward redemption. One room might be called a "junior suite" and another room might be called a "resort view junior suite" but both be identical in terms of room layout and views. Has anyone had success in calling Hyatt / the globalist line and seeing if they can convince the hotel to open up reward availability for certain dates? Would I be wasting my time by calling? Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Morpheus4356
Here's a general question that may have been answered before, but is somewhat difficult to search for. I'm aware that many resorts play games with reward availability and will classify standard rooms differently in order to avoid making them available for reward redemption. One room might be called a "junior suite" and another room might be called a "resort view junior suite" but both be identical in terms of room layout and views. Has anyone had success in calling Hyatt / the globalist line and seeing if they can convince the hotel to open up reward availability for certain dates? Would I be wasting my time by calling? Thanks.
Your better bet would be calling the hotel directly and asking to speak to the Operations Manager or Revenue Manager.

I tried this at a Hyatt in Hawaii when it only showed Award Availability for long stays. The Revenue manager was able to make availability randomly appear.
CodeAdam10 and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by joachimm
I tried the same thing with the twitter concierge and my hyatt concierge and neither would/could do this.
Weird as they’ve been able to do it for me. I had a reservation booked on a Cat 1-7 Certificate and wanted to swap it out for a points reservation back in February for the points rebate.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 10:25 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Weird as they’ve been able to do it for me. I had a reservation booked on a Cat 1-7 Certificate and wanted to swap it out for a points reservation back in February for the points rebate.
Were points reservations available ? It's not an issue if reservations are available using points or certs.

Last edited by skj; Apr 25, 2021 at 10:47 am
Old Apr 25, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
What I was told was they can't swap if there's no additional award availability. Otherwise if there is, you can just use your points to make a reservation and cancel the award night done with the cert. You can always take your chances and cancel and rebook, but there's no guarantee that the room will go back into award inventory.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
What I was told was they can't swap if there's no additional award availability. Otherwise if there is, you can just use your points to make a reservation and cancel the award night done with the cert. You can always take your chances and cancel and rebook, but there's no guarantee that the room will go back into award inventory.
Originally Posted by skj
Were points reservations available ? It's not an issue if reservations are available using points or certs.
At this property they only had Certificate Availability, no points availability.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Question: how quickly do upgrade certificates show in your account? Let's say that you are on 55 nights and you check into a hotel for 7 nights. This will put you over the 60 day threshold. You then have another 7 night stay booked directly after you would like to apply one of your new upgrades to. Will it come through in time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.