Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt’s new “Pay My Way” feature

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:46 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

thought this is worth an own thread. anybody part of the user group? I am not, at least do not see any change in the booking process. would be intererested to hear experiences.

https://onemileatatime.com/hyatt-pay-my-way/

Starting today, Hyatt is launching a “Pay My Way” booking pilot for all Hyatt properties. This is initially only available to a small audience of World of Hyatt members.

The plan is to test and refine this over the next several weeks, and then to roll it out on hyatt.com by the end of the month, and on the World of Hyatt app a few weeks after that.
This new “Pay My Way” feature allows World of Hyatt members to book their stays using multiple payment types in a single transaction.

In other words, in the past if you wanted to book a two night stay and pay for points with one night and cash the other night, you’d have to make two separate reservations.

This new feature allows members to book multiple rate types under a single reservation. Currently members would have to book by phone in order to be able to do this.

With the Pay My Way feature:
  • Members can book a combination of cash, points, free night awards, or Points + Cash rates, on a single booking
  • This will initially focus on rate plans without restrictions, including the World of Hyatt member rate, standard rate, and other flexible rate plans; other rate plans (like advance purchase rates) may be added at a later point
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Feb 6, 2020 at 8:53 pm
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I’m a bit confused about the suite upgrade part. I’ve historically been able to apply a single upgrade to multiple, consecutive reservations (as long as the total combined stay is 7 days or less) by calling in or emailing my concierge. In fact, I have one such instance coming up later this month, where a single upgrade is spanning 3 separate, but consecutive, reservations.

Is the ability to do this going away with this new system? If so, that would be a major bummer.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Without a graphic to see what it looks like... no, I don't think I have it on my account right now.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
I’m a bit confused about the suite upgrade part. I’ve historically been able to apply a single upgrade to multiple, consecutive reservations (as long as the total combined stay is 7 days or less) by calling in or emailing my concierge. In fact, I have one such instance coming up later this month, where a single upgrade is spanning 3 separate, but consecutive, reservations.

Is the ability to do this going away with this new system? If so, that would be a major bummer.
I believe that this capability has always been there, but it required your Concierge to merge the separate reservations into one. This beta test looks like an attempt to roll out an existing capability so that members can do it themselves.

AFAIK, you still can't use TSUs on certificate nights, so the most obvious use of this capability - combining certificates to get around minimum stay requirements - still wouldn't allow the use of just one TSU.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Article up on TPG which shows how this feature will work: https://thepointsguy.com/news/hyatt-pay-my-way/
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:48 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Not sure, if I am now part of the User Group, or if it has been rolled out to all...

Was checking The Confidante, and I got a pop up message. I have this option, but currently only for "standard rates" and only for the base rooms.
Attached Images   
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:08 am

That's actually pretty cool, I think it may be complicated to implement but definitely nice to have payment options.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Not sure, if I am now part of the User Group, or if it has been rolled out to all...

Was checking The Confidante, and I got a pop up message. I have this option, but currently only for "standard rates" and only for the base rooms.

I was here thinking I’m crazy that the taxes added up to over 25% over the overall cost for 2.5 nights. Then I checked and there’s the $35 resort fee. I’m surprised with over 200k points you don’t have Glob status.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:07 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I was here thinking I’m crazy that the taxes added up to over 25% over the overall cost for 2.5 nights. Then I checked and there’s the $35 resort fee. I’m surprised with over 200k points you don’t have Glob status.
59Impala is a LTG. The resort fee always shows up when making a cash or P+C reservation regardless of status.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Seeing this as well. Still better to book and have concierge combine based off of discounts ect.
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:01 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

I’m surprised with over 200k points you don’t have Glob status.
Off topic... I am Lifetime Globalist. But what connection do you make between my available points and status? Don’t understand that. I tend to quickly use my points before any devaluation occurs..
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Earn and burn. More than 200-300k points is a liability for future devaluations. 2.125+ cent per point is always a good redemption. Having points for a few night in the program is ideal.

Off topic... I am Lifetime Globalist. But what connection do you make between my available points and status? Don’t understand that. I tend to quickly use my points before any devaluation occurs..
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Having 200k+ points just would (in most cases) mean you’re a Globalist, which would mean waived resort fees. Just my observation.

I could be completely wrong and you could’ve transferred 200k points from Chase through a Sapphire or Ink Card, but that wouldn’t be prudent as it’d be better to hold them as UR until you need to transfer for a booking in case one travel partner devalues heavily or increases in value.

On a side note -

Does The Confidante not waive resort fees for Globs?? I’m a Glob as well and when I get to checkout it shows the resort fees being charged.

Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:11 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

All hotels waive resort fees on eligible rates. also The Confidante

On a side note -

Does The Confidante not waive resort fees for Globs?? I’m a Glob as well and when I get to checkout it shows the resort fees being charged.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:14 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Having 200k+ points just would (in most cases) mean you’re a Globalist, which would mean waived resort fees. Just my observation.

I could be completely wrong and you could’ve transferred 200k points from Chase through a Sapphire or Ink Card, but that wouldn’t be prudent as it’d be better to hold them as UR until you need to transfer for a booking in case one travel partner devalues heavily or increases in value.
I am still confused what you are trying to explain. I only get points on stays, do not have a Hyatt Credit Card (not in the US), never buy any points, do not transfer any points... but still do not see what connection you are making between my LTG status and available points? 200k points (I had 400k 6 months ago) is no indication at all regarding status, as points don't expire if you stay the minimum (I think 1x/year but may be wrong, anyway not relevant in my case), so could be accumulated over 20 years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.