Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TerryK
Unless, of course, if your award stay is before the system coming back up.
Either the phone agent won't make such a booking or you could be charged the rack rate for your room. I guess this is what could happen if you book a prepaid room close to arrival and your credit card charge doesn't go through.....or the hotel could cancel the booking if they don't see a means of payment/guarantee.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
They might book awards even if they don't have access to your account info... but I doubt it.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Strange, but that's what's posted.

Some other hotel programs let you book award stays when you don't yet have the points. In this case, Hyatt could purge award bookings not supported by points in a few days, so that not much inventory would be taken out of the system for very long by award reservations not supported by points.
I'm pretty sure that the pre-maintenance message said that even phone agents won't be able to book award stays...
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
DIA Suite Upgrades not available too I assume?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Atlantico
DIA Suite Upgrades not available too I assume?
Right. It's an award.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
My friend wanted to sign up for a Hyatt Gold account as he encountered the following website message:
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/maintenance.html

The Hyatt Gold Passport system is undergoing maintenance.
Access to Hyatt Gold Passport account information on-line and through customer service will not be available.

To book an award or join Hyatt Gold Passport, please call 1 800 304 9288 or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center.
We apologize for this inconvenience.

Contacted the Hyatt Customer Service via Facebook and they said they cannot do anything at all.

This is really very poor customer experience for a start.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
My friend wanted to sign up for a Hyatt Gold account as he encountered the following website message:

The Hyatt Gold Passport system is undergoing maintenance.
Access to Hyatt Gold Passport account information on-line and through customer service will not be available.

To book an award or join Hyatt Gold Passport, please call 1 800 304 9288 or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center.
We apologize for this inconvenience.

Contacted the Hyatt Customer Service via Facebook and they said they cannot do anything at all.

This is really very poor customer experience for a start.
Read the FAQs about this change. It's documented there.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Read the FAQs about this change. It's documented there.
That's not the point. The message they are giving to people now is not consistent with the message that they were giving them before.

Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
That's not the point. The message they are giving to people now is not consistent with the message that they were giving them before.

Probably a generic error message that they had from before. Error on the IT guys. Not customer service.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Probably a generic error message that they had from before. Error on the IT guys. Not customer service.
Regardless, it's bad customer experience.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Its a massive inconvenience? How?

I've got 5-7 nights currently planned over the period... and I personally dont see any impact what so ever. The points will post. How specifically is this affecting your life, your stays, anything for that matter...
Really? You personally don't see any impact but others do. I'm planning a trip right now and I can't even see what these hotels are charging for points vs. cash. I can't use DSU. How is this not affecting anything? It is an inconvenient because of the whole air fare + hotel factor. You want to be able to lock both down.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
I'm planning a trip right now and I can't even see what these hotels are charging for points vs. cash.
If you're going to a hotel that charges in USD, then you already know what the hotel is charging for P+C based on the award category of the hotel.

Other hotels generally don't stray too far from prevailing exchange rates.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
wow hyatt must have the worst IT in the industry. How can they take down their whole system for several days for "maintenance".
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
wow hyatt must have the worst IT in the industry. How can they take down their whole system for several days for "maintenance".
Let's hope we'll see proper improvement.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Really? You personally don't see any impact but others do. I'm planning a trip right now and I can't even see what these hotels are charging for points vs. cash. I can't use DSU. How is this not affecting anything? It is an inconvenient because of the whole air fare + hotel factor. You want to be able to lock both down.
You knew for two weeks or so they were taking it down. You should have booked prior or waited a couple days after. As mentioned below we know what the points+cash is... In addition the category of the hotel defines the full points. Finally, US based flights can be put on twenty four hour hold (or cancel) so you can start biking those soon.

Anyhow. I'm sure folks will live.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you're going to a hotel that charges in USD, then you already know what the hotel is charging for P+C based on the award category of the hotel.

Other hotels generally don't stray too far from prevailing exchange rates.
Do you remember what the hotel is charging for P+C and award category for these hotels? In the past, you can pull it up on hyatt.com, click on show points, and it will show you how many points it take, so you can guess how many points for P+C. Right now, there's no option to click for points.

Unless there's another way, but see, it's inconvenient to me already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.