Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Seriously. Talk about " looking a gift horse in the mouth".
Wait, so you lured a client over and you made a big mistake and the client complained and you would say something like this? What kind of business are you running?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Wait, so you lured a client over and you made a big mistake and the client complained and you would say something like this? What kind of business are you running?
I don't run their business but to me when you get something for free, that others have had to earn, it takes a lot of nerve to complain.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:42 am

My number of stays and nights are correct.

Noticed the activity history is now limited to 2015 only. Also noticed that redemptions made this year prior to the maintenance are not shown in the activity history, but the total point balance is correct.

Also, I called in to cancel a reservation that I upgraded to a suite using GP points. The points went back into my account immediately and my total balance updated correctly, but there is no line-item transaction in the activity history that shows the points back to the account (but as mentioned above, there was also no activity for the initial redemption earlier this year either). Maybe this is all a change in how things show up post-system maintenance.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I've got a reservation missing. Hyatt Regency Tokyo booked with a Chase anniversary certificate. Shows up if I search by confirmation number but doesn't appear to be attached to my account anymore, even if I re-add my GP number.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:58 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I made a regular cash reservations a little over an hour ago and got multiple errors trying to book it and then two emails saying I modified my online account. Then about 45 minutes later the email confirmation came through reflecting the right amount, status, etc.

Edit: I'm scared to call and check on a reservation next week that I want to use a DSU for.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:21 pm

I had two bonus nights booked and they are gone. Trying to book them again and the Hotel was full. Really really bad Hyatt.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I am down ten nights and 5 stays as well, crucial because I am just a couple of night shy of re qualifying for diamond, does not show a Santiago stay from over a week ago and dropped by current stay (usually reflected til completed) in Buenos Aires. So frustrating.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:50 pm

My account is unchanged, with conserved reservations, DSUs and my 2 chase card award nights. I did not get stays from CC spend and had no stays during the down-time though.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
I can log in but my stays and nights are incorrect! It's less than prior to the outage. I'm less by 5 stays and 10 nights! Seems to be the credit card bonus from spend. I'm re qualifying for diamond and need the correct stays!!! Anyone else have this problem?

ERQ
UPDATE: I called HGP multiple times to find out the problem.

First agent said to be patient and the account will correct itself.

Not satisfied with that answer, I called again, and the second agent took my phone number and said he would call me back in 10-15 minutes after reviewing my file. No return call after 1 hour.

So I called a third time, and the third agent flipped flopped between "account will update within 24 hours because IT isn't finished yet" and "let's see what's going on." Fortunately, she looks further into my account and says that on her computer she sees 20 stays and 42 nights, which are my balances before the shut down. She reassured that despite my online account showing something different, HGP has the correct numbers. I thank her and hang up.

After 10 minutes, I get a call back from the second agent who says he sees 20 stays and 42 nights. He then reassured me that HGP has the correct number on their end.

ive completed three more stays since the maintenance period and need only two more stays. I hope the agents are correct!

By the way, really bad timing to do a large maintenance upgrade!!!

ERQ
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:01 pm

Is it down again? I can't log in just now.

So frustrating!!!

ERQ
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K

So frustrating!!!

ERQ
About 30 minutes ago, I was getting some errors saying they were doing maintenance. I could log in to see my reservations though - but I had to login through some random page, not the homepage.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist

So frustrating!!!

ERQ
Seems to be.

Well, I can login if I go via a property's website but can't see my account details, stay histories, or upcoming reservations (some of which I need to modify/cancel)

Neither can I view any points or points+pay availability online.

On hold to HGP now and there's some message about stay balances not being updated until the week of 28th December 2015.

This is quite frustrating, especially given the time of the year where some of us will be doing a few stays to get over the requal threshold.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by SQ421
On hold to HGP now and there's some message about stay balances not being updated until the week of 28th December 2015.

This is quite frustrating, especially given the time of the year where some of us will be doing a few stays to get over the requal threshold.
EXACTLY! Bad time of year to mess things up! Not much time to correct any issues. Too much unnecessary frustration for us and the agents. MAJOR FAIL!

ERQ
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:34 pm

I was able to login and account is unchanged. I booked 2 nights with points and for the 3rd night I wanted to purchase few more points and guess what the Hyatt went back to maintenance again It is so ridiculous 5 days in a row, this time of the year they have decided to do this massive maintenance. looks like they are doing this to discourage usage of hyatt points.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:37 pm

UPDATE: Gold Passport Concierge (from this board) sees 20 stays and 42 nights too. I'm glad everyone is consistent in what they are seeing! If only the maintenance upgrade actually worked. Sigh.

Interestingly GPC added in their PM that the Hyatt credit card does not earn stay or night credit, only points.

ERQ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.