Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:09 pm

Happy Friday all!

We recently stayed at Andaz Singapore and reviewed the room and the restaurant. It's a beautiful property. Though if there was something to improve, that would be customer service.

Here are some of the photos:

We also wrote an article about the entire stay.
Jeff Kerr likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:24 am

Has anyone used points to upgrade to a PREMIUM SUITE at Andaz Singapore? If so, what SUITE does this book into?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Hi all, any experience with booking one of those "tents" at Mr. Stork as a hotel guest?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Has anyone used points to upgrade to a PREMIUM SUITE at Andaz Singapore? If so, what SUITE does this book into?
I was able to book Andaz Large Suite using 9k upgrade rate
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by epost1980
I was able to book Andaz Large Suite using 9k upgrade rate
Thanks. Just exactly what I was hoping to do!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Staying here next week for four nights. Used a TSU. I hope I can check in early. Sent the hotel request for early checkin.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: Thai, Hyatt
I was just there over the weekend. I got to the hotel at 7:30 am but hadn't requested an early check in. They still had me in a room by 9:30 am, so I was pretty pleased with that.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by Jeff Kerr
I was just there over the weekend. I got to the hotel at 7:30 am but hadn't requested an early check in. They still had me in a room by 9:30 am, so I was pretty pleased with that.
If your booked room is not available, ask for a refresh room to refresh/rest until your room is ready. When it’s not super busy they do offer this service.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: Thai, Hyatt
They offered my the use of the change rooms, which have showers, but I didn't use them since they said the room would be ready in a couple of hours. They have an area next to reception that has free tea and coffee and they also offered me breakfast. Pretty good service.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Forced to move rooms during stay, what to do?

Just checked in a four night stay here, using my suite upgrade certificate. However at the hotel, been told that we have been “upgraded” on the first night to a residence suite and we need to move out today to a different room. Check in was already 1am and I had no interest to argue, just want to get in and sleep.

Is this a common practise to kick guests out to different rooms during a stay booked with the same type of room?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Just checked in a four night stay here, using my suite upgrade certificate. However at the hotel, been told that we have been “upgraded” on the first night to a residence suite and we need to move out today to a different room. Check in was already 1am and I had no interest to argue, just want to get in and sleep.

Is this a common practise to kick guests out to different rooms during a stay booked with the same type of room?
Sounds like they gave away your room. They should make that up to you. Free meal, points, something like that.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds like they gave away your room. They should make that up to you. Free meal, points, something like that.
Fat chance at this hotel.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver

What room did they move you to? The residence suite looks like a premium suite. Did they move you to the Andaz Studio Suite? Looks like that is the standard suite.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
What room did they move you to? The residence suite looks like a premium suite. Did they move you to the Andaz Studio Suite? Looks like that is the standard suite.

Yes, the Studio Suite rather than a Residence Suite is the standard suite for a TSU, so the Residence Suite is an upgrade, but that certainly does not justify the inconvenience of an involuntary room change. An involuntary room change is almost akin to being walked, and unless there was substantial compensation I would refuse to pay the full amount at checkout.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
If they didn’t inform you of this at check in (ie we have a room for early check in but you need to move tomw) escalate to your concierge or twitter.

its likely someone snagged the tsu room for a higher vip code who booked a premium room but checked in early and accepted a downgrade for a night. This is on the property.

if the suite your in is available for the rest of your stay insist you stay put. If not insist you get some compensation for moving with no notice at check in.

corporate will make it right if you give them notice either by refunding your TSU or giving you a free nights worth of points in my experience when this has happened to me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.