Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
In my personal opinion, there is a difference between booking an ADA room because it is the only room available (acceptable) vs. booking an ADA room because it is larger than the standard award room (wouldn't do it). Others may disagree.
The ADA room is the only 2 bed rooms available on points
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:26 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All
I'm writing this message from Andaz Wall Street where I was royally greeted by their very nice team
There has been much improvement since my last stay which I will cover in the appropriate thread
Generous massive suite upgrade at arrival
thankfully no DSU needed here or hard up sell^:-:

Regarding ADA rooms @PHNYC or any hotel for that matter
I cant tell you how many times hotels have tried to assign me these rooms and suites mostly in North America without reserving or requesting
Sometimes they are all you can book on points or revenue(more typically when booking on points )
Other times the hotel may consider it an upgrade even if its a bigger room or a suite and you haven't booked an ADA accommodation at all

In my own perception and understanding the hotels typically have an over supply of these rooms which is why they take the over supply and push them
IMHO I believe some of the reactions here are a bit overly sensitive as kind and politically correct as they may be. If a hotel truly needs to locate a physically challenged individual they can more often than not reallocate room assignments as need be.
At the St Regis as a Lifetime Platinum with SPG in Houston they refused to upgrade my ADA room points booking into a standard room as they see these as frequently not sellable and they set aside ADA rooms that they believe wont get sold purposely
Ill speak to a few front office managers and get their take on the topic to get something more official. Its interesting the points of view expressed here

Regarding Diamond breakfast benefit at PHNYC
I'm puzzled that a 700 to 1k a night property doesn't comp fully breakfast the way
for example the Hyatt Regency Orange County does so even on a 129 dollar rate brilliantly no limit

Every Park Hyatt I have been in over the recent years (primarily International) has fully and generously comped all breakfast charges 100% .
Its certainly not something I want to hear after spending 100 nights a year in Hyatt Hotels.
Sorry sir OJ isn't included you have used up your allowance on the eggs Like cornflakes instead?

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 13, 2016 at 8:16 pm
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

Regarding Diamond breakfast benefit at PHNYC
I'm puzzled that a 700 to 1k a night property doesn't comp fully breakfast they way
for example the Hyatt Regency Orange County does even on a 129 dollar rate brilliantly
Every Park Hyatt I have been in over the recent years (primarily International) has fully and generously comped all breakfast charges 100% .
Its certainly not something I want to hear after spending 100 nights a year in Hyatt Hotels.
Sorry sir OJ isn't included you have used up your allowance on the eggs Like cornflakes instead?
At the risk of being attacked and to your point, the FD staff and I chuckled at my bill for $0.69 for the overage on my breakfast tab. I was happy that gratuity was included, which doesn't happen consistently at Hyatt properties, in spite of T&C.

Thanks for the rest. In spite of the backlash, I brought it up because I thought it was worth a discussion that I have not seen in the forum.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

...Regarding Diamond breakfast benefit at PHNYC
I'm puzzled that a 700 to 1k a night property doesn't comp fully breakfast they way
for example the Hyatt Regency Orange County does even on a 129 dollar rate brilliantly
Oh it's much worse than that. According to my son (who I got a room on points), his breakfast bill for 2 came to $145++, from which they deducted some amount leaving a balance of $92. And all my son did was essentially substitute a different main course for the eggs on the 57th St. No caviar, nothing fancy.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by thucanhho
At the risk of being attacked and to your point, the FD staff and I chuckled at my bill for $0.69 for the overage on my breakfast tab. I was happy that gratuity was included, which doesn't happen consistently at Hyatt properties, in spite of T&C.

Thanks for the rest. In spite of the backlash, I brought it up because I thought it was worth a discussion that I have not seen in the forum.
Sorry to hear you experienced that here
There is no backlash from me ever.Even if I disagree with someone elses opinion
I support all experiences and believe if you actually prefer a handicapped room you should have one whatever the reason
Was upgraded in the eyes of one hotel last year without my consent from a standard room to a handicapped suite.
I said its not my preference and they moved me to non ADA suite without grab bars and odd toilet heights

No matter what Hyatt Hotel a Diamond stays in when there isn't a club breakfast
There should be enough allowance for at least two that should be included with any reasonable breakfast order
No matter what the retail menu price eggs,pastry and pancakes are pretty cheap.
Unless the terms and conditions have changed there shouldn't be pettiness at the once thought of flagship property that should be rasing the bar of Hyatt hospitality worldwide.They should be an Ambassador of generosity and goodwill to their best GP customers
Quite frankly that's the Hyatt I generally know all these years

We are free to stay in any hotel and vote with our wallets elsewhere
With no Hyatt promotions its easy to book elsewhere like Amex Travel or any other agency where generous breakfast is included or such allowance
Especially when promotions are scarce or non existent with Hyatt in this New Year
I know I am starting to shift some stays out of Hyatt as other programs are offering promotions as are co branded credit cards that are also offering additional large dollar/cash rebates and generous point bonuses which may be of interest to others
Your Mile & Points May Vary!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW Companion
Originally Posted by peteropny
It doesn't matter since Richard has "special" status - not relevant to us pedestrian Diamonds.
I will be going for a few nights in September...should I tell them Richard sent me?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Does this place charge extra for 3rd adult on award stay?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by frudd38
Does this place charge extra for 3rd adult on award stay?
AFAIK, outside of an all-inclusive, I've never seen them add an extra amount of adults on an award stay for up to room max adults. I would ask that question in the Hyatt newbies thread to know if that's common for Hyatt to charge for an extra adult.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by cdancer20
AFAIK, outside of an all-inclusive, I've never seen them add an extra amount of adults on an award stay for up to room max adults. I would ask that question in the Hyatt newbies thread to know if that's common for Hyatt to charge for an extra adult.
I know USA hotels generally do not, but it's still property dependent.. so that's why I asked here. Yes, I've been to properties where they do charge, but these have all been international.

What I also noticed for this property is was even though the Park King allows 3 adults, the points option disappears when you select 3, but re-appears when you have 2. e.g. Tokyo Andaz allows 3 and works with points booking.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by frudd38
I know USA hotels generally do not, but it's still property dependent.. so that's why I asked here. Yes, I've been to properties where they do charge, but these have all been international.

What I also noticed for this property is was even though the Park King allows 3 adults, the points option disappears when you select 3, but re-appears when you have 2. e.g. Tokyo Andaz allows 3 and works with points booking.
I think that's because you are choosing a king. Most kings have capacity for 2 adults and maybe 1 kid. I just did a far out booking for 3 adults. ADA double showed up available on points. Same day had king available for 2 people only even with paid stay.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Diamond amenity

Anyone else annoyed by the lack of standard on the diamond amenity? The terms and conditions are pretty clear food and beverage option of choice, yet the hotel just has a food option. When I pushed them on it they said they would give a wine as a one time exception but that they did not normally do.

The breakfast definition of full has some wiggle room but the T&Cs are pretty clear on what an amenity should be. Am I missing something?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Anyone else annoyed by the lack of standard on the diamond amenity? The terms and conditions are pretty clear food and beverage option of choice, yet the hotel just has a food option. When I pushed them on it they said they would give a wine as a one time exception but that they did not normally do.

The breakfast definition of full has some wiggle room but the T&Cs are pretty clear on what an amenity should be. Am I missing something?
The T&Cs state:

at Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency and Hyatt properties in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean; a choice of 1,000 bonus points or food and beverage amenity options (amenity options are at the hotel's discretion).
So, per published rules, you can choose either points, or a "food and beverage" option. At the "hotel's discretion" means the property chooses what you get.

Despite my other criticisms of this property, I thought they were generous on this point. I elected points, and they also provided us with fruit and chocolates. (Pretty common at the Asia properties, as well.)

Last edited by Kacee; Apr 2, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently you have the option of a $25 F&B credit as a diamond amenity as well if you know to ask for it. That will cover roughly 1 1/2 drinks in the bar if you are careful in what you order. In the restaurant, maybe 2 coffees.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Really? I had no idea that you could ask for that. Thanks for letting us know. There have been many Hyatts that I have stayed in where the amenity I received wasn't nearly worth that. I might just try that next time.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:27 pm

I have booked 2 free nights with my certificates(me and wife). Would be okay to take 2 babies with us? or are they going to enforce the rules only 2 people per night ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.