Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Has anyone here had any issues with securing this offer over specific days? We want to go next year but they didn’t open up 2019 yet, but our $995 offer for a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom + points and car must be booked (or at least a deposit) by May 2. They plan to open up 2019 in Jun. We’ve already made out plane reservations and can’t change them. It’s close to a Holiday weekend but they said they only charge extra for bigger Holidays and Spring Break, but don’t have any blackouts so if we call in Jun everything should be open, but obviously they won’t 100% guarantee it.
Yes, I think you are taking a big risk by booking plane tickets this far out (unless they are on Alaska and you can move them without fee). We had to adjust our dates by a few days to get available dates.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
I’m not sure if this is the official pattern / policy but I was told during my presentation that the offers (price) can vary during the 1H and 2H of the year. With pricing typically in the $1,500 range (as noted in the past few pages of this thread) offered in the 2H with anticipated bookings for the popular ski week, spring break and summer seasons. Then a lower rate in the $1,000 range (your offer) offered during the 1H of the year for low season bookings. So I worry if you wait, you may see a much higher price tag in addition to tighter inventory.

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Has anyone here had any issues with securing this offer over specific days? We want to go next year but they didn’t open up 2019 yet, but our $995 offer for a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom + points and car must be booked (or at least a deposit) by May 2. They plan to open up 2019 in Jun. We’ve already made out plane reservations and can’t change them. It’s close to a Holiday weekend but they said they only charge extra for bigger Holidays and Spring Break, but don’t have any blackouts so if we call in Jun everything should be open, but obviously they won’t 100% guarantee it.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:45 pm

Hello,
I am new to this site. Would anyone be willing to refer myself and my family for the presentation deal? We would be so grateful!! Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lindsaywilsonx5
Hello,
I am new to this site. Would anyone be willing to refer myself and my family for the presentation deal? We would be so grateful!! Thank you in advance for your consideration.
AFAIK, the offers are targeted, and you're asked for a unique code when you call to make the reservation. I'd be very happy to be wrong and attend another presentation.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:56 am

I don't see anything saying you don't in the terms, but do you get night and stay credit? What about points for the spend? Got both the 695 offer for the regency and the 995 for the residence club.

Last edited by antonius66; May 1, 2018 at 12:03 pm
Old May 2, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by antonius66
I don't see anything saying you don't in the terms, but do you get night and stay credit? What about points for the spend? Got both the 695 offer for the regency and the 995 for the residence club.
I did not get stay credit. I got points for food and bev spend. Although other posters have had luck getting g both so ymmv.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:55 am

I received a good targeted offer in the mail a month or two ago and disregarded it. However, I now will be going to Hawaii, is there anyway I can call and find out what my offer was? Does anyone have the number?
Old May 2, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by tigerwong

I did not get stay credit. I got points for food and bev spend. Although other posters have had luck getting g both so ymmv.
Interesting. I don't see anything in the terms saying you don't. That would be a deal breaker for me to not get night credit.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
I signed up for the most recent offer on the website, but haven't heard anything back yet. It's been a couple of weeks. I don't have any specific dates, just "Someone will contact you...".

At what point should I be concerned?
Old May 3, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by seaduck79
I signed up for the most recent offer on the website, but haven't heard anything back yet. It's been a couple of weeks. I don't have any specific dates, just "Someone will contact you...".

At what point should I be concerned?
You should call the phone number listed on the offer. I never received a response to my online submission.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Just stayed at HRC Maui for the first time, using a 5 night / $1495 promotion on a 2-bedroom unit. Also got $100 resort credit. A friend of ours stayed here when they first opened two years ago and said the club membership offer has become much more flexible (every other year option, floating vs fixed week). We were planning a large reunion, so called in and got 7 units in total in a mix of 1-bed and 2-bed.

Overall, really enjoyed the stay. The property is very modern and the units have well stocked kitchens and large lanais with great ocean views. We comfortably slept 7 (4 adults, 2 kids, 1 toddler in a crib) in the 2-bed and another friend easily slept 6 (2 adults, 4 kids).

We tried to negotiate a group buy on the club membership, but while some families would visit regularly, others would not and the WoH points became a sticking point. They only offered 90k WoH points, for a 1 week, every other year purchase, which only translates to 3 nights in a Hyatt property located in a major city, so we passed.

After leaving, they sent return offers for 7 nights or 4 nights, good for 2 years. The cost of the promotion was significantly higher, but the cost could be applied to an ownership purchase. They said it's 85% sold.

Overall, really enjoyed the property and would consider staying again.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:47 am

Is The Payment Refundable?

I just received the $995 offer which says I have until March 20 to reserve. It also allows a downpayment of $500 if I can't choose a date at this time.

Is the $500 downpayment refundable? There is noting in the T&C either way
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:03 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by milemonkey
I just received the $995 offer which says I have until March 20 to reserve. It also allows a downpayment of $500 if I can't choose a date at this time.

Is the $500 downpayment refundable? There is noting in the T&C either way
Why don't you ask HRC the question via email, so you have a written response. I don't recall the details of my offer from last year, but if it's a concern, try to get an authoritative answer.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got the $995 offer as well. I guess I can sit through a 2 hour presentation, although I really am not sure how to handle it. I have the ability to do basic math and I'm not an idiot so I am clearly not their target audience. Do I just tell them this at the beginning? Just sit there for 2 hours without saying anything, then just say no and get up and leave?

Is it really just 2 hours or do they keep hassling you for your whole trip? I'm totally fine with them conning the mathematically challenged, but I want to be left alone for the most part, or it's not much of a vacation.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
. . . I have the ability to do basic math and I'm not an idiot so I am clearly not their target audience . . .
While I agree with you 100%, what explains that people with a pretty substantial amount of cash are, in fact, buying these?

I stayed here once (and paid a small fortune - it was over Thanksgiving and no offers could be used) and many people I met who seemed otherwise intelligent had bought these, and were very, very proud of their "owner" perks (I forget what those were, but I think maybe reserved loungers with special towels or something).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.