Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:34 am

room service breakfast?

Are diamonds, excuse me, globalists still entitled to room service breakfast. Have a flight at 8:30am and likely will have to leave the hotel before the restaurant opens. Room service at 5:00 or 5:30 would be a nice start to the day.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by newaroundhere
Are diamonds, excuse me, globalists still entitled to room service breakfast. Have a flight at 8:30am and likely will have to leave the hotel before the restaurant opens. Room service at 5:00 or 5:30 would be a nice start to the day.
There is no longer complementary room service brakfast for diamonds / globs at the PH Milan as of this morning. I can't say if its the same at all PHs but the new terms and conditions do say that in room dining is not a Glob benefit.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BobR
the new terms and conditions do say that in room dining is not a Glob benefit.
The Gold Passport T&C said the same thing.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Gold Passport T&C said the same thing.
I was trying to find the old GP T's & C's on this but could only locate the new WoH t's & c's which states: Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining.

So you are saying its up to each individual hotel if they allow room service breakfast to be included in this benefit. Anyone know then if PH Vienna allows room service breakfast as included?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:21 am

It was NEVER a benefit of the Hyatt program to offer room service as breakfast. Those hotels that did it always did it as an extra above and beyond. There is frankly, ZERO reason that should have changed, although some hotels will use the new program as an excuse to "conform." If a hotel offered it before and does not now, they just chose to get rid of it. There is certainly no reason you cannot treat customers better than you have to, although given many hotels do their best to treat you worse than they have to according to the terms...
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There is no longer complementary room service brakfast for diamonds / globs at the PH Milan as of this morning. I can't say if its the same at all PHs but the new terms and conditions do say that in room dining is not a Glob benefit.
Did you ask or did the hotel staff make a point to tell you this? Or were you perhaps charged a lot for a breakfast that you had expected to be free? I'm also curious about your "as of this morning" statement as it's beyond March 1st.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you ask or did the hotel staff make a point to tell you this? Or were you perhaps charged a lot for a breakfast that you had expected to be free? I'm also curious about your "as of this morning" statement as it's beyond March 1st.
I checked in on March 1st and specifically inquired about the avaialbility of room service for diamond breakfast (I asked because I have been offered complementary room service breakfast at every other PH I have visited as a diamond but suspected that the policy had changed). The FDC replied she needed to check due to loyalty program changes. An hour later she told me the policy had changed and room service was no longer complementary for globs. I asked again when checking out on the 3rd and a different FDC confirmed the new policy (thus the "as of this morning" remark).

Breakfast under the dome was fantastic.

Last edited by BobR; Mar 5, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I checked in on March 1st and specifically inquired about the avaialbility of room service for diamond breakfast (since I have recieved room service breakfast at every other PH I have visited). The FDC replied she needed to check due to changes associeted with WOH. And hour later she told me room service was no longer complementary for globs. I asked again when checking out on the 3rd and recieved the same answer (thus the as of this morning remark).
There was a report in another thread that Hyatt corporate has instructed properties not to exceed the WoH published benefits (this related to the welcome amenity).

So while the GP T&C contained the same language about room service not being a Diamond benefit, and yet some properties went above and beyond, apparently properties are now being instructed they can no longer go above and beyond.

Everything I have read since March 1 confirms my decision to bail on this program.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:15 pm

This is exactly what happened a few years back with IHG Royal Ambassador...word was that a memo was sent out to hotels telling them to stop offering lounge access to RAs as it was not part of the benefit package, but many hotels did. Numerous hotels stopped offering it after this, but many still did and do. Not sure if it was true or just an excuse, but it was what was said.

Benefit uniformity is such a BS excuse...I expect you to honor the REQUIRED benefits...nothing more. Now, if a hotel gives high loyalty guests MORE, then that will make me want to stay there more often, but the only thing that will make me stay at hotels LESS, is when they constantly try and squeeze out of honoring the posted benefits. I loved the unlimited in room breakfast at the PH Milan, but it would not make me refuse to stay at others Hyatts that don't offer it. I am disappointed though that they got rid of it.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any other hotels that we know of where they no longer offer complimentary room service breakfast? I know for a fact when I was there a couple of months ago, PH Washington DC and PH Toronto offered it. There were reports that the Hyatt Regency Nice also offered it.

If anybody stayed at any of these since March 1, it would be interesting to see if it's still offered at these hotels among others.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
PH NY, Andaz 5th Street, and Hyatt Centric Times Square all offer(ed) room service breakfast to Diamonds. Not sure what is the current status but it's disappointing that Hyatt is cracking down on that.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:20 pm

Just spent one night here on a layover. The summary: a beautiful property with fantastic service. P&C + DSU + free breakfast = amazing, almost too good to be true, value.

We arrived around 1 pm, and the very welcoming fd agent spent some time finding us a Park Suite that was available immediately. The room was stunning, as were the facilities generally. We enjoyed a very nice tea time snack in the cafe, which has an incredible deal of 1 coffee beverage plus unlimited cakes for 12 Euro pp. Breakfast in the Bank was also excellent. We encountered none of the service issues described elsewhere in this thread.

In sum, this property was everything a Park Hyatt should be . . . beautiful facilities and exceptional service. The service quality was particularly noteworthy. Staff were without exception friendly, gracious, and competent. We encountered none of the attitude or arrogance which marred our last PH stay in NYC. I hope to return before my status expires next February.

Last edited by Kacee; Apr 30, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I hope to return before my status expires next February.
I just spent one night at PHV on points 2 days ago. New rules make obtaining top tier a losing proposition for me. Dropped from Diamond and now only have the Credit card status (lowest elite).

Do not worry about not having Top tier here. I survived brilliantly.

The Park Hyatt Vienna treated me better as low level elite than the Park Hyatt Paris, Tokyo, Milan, or Zurich ever did as Diamond. In fact I voluntarily down graded my 1 level upgraded rooms at both Milan and Paris for smaller base rooms with better view, and room design. Bigger is not always better.

The PHV upgraded me to a view deluxe and had my room ready at 9:45am! This was a beautiful spacious room with a wall of large windows with well defined work area and sitting area with couch ... easily as large as junior suites in both Milan and Paris (what a Suite upgrade would give you there). I feel the gain I might of had with a suite upgrade would be marginal, and possibly even worse as I often prefer a well designed junior suite to a full suite with two smaller rooms.

Breakfast... I just ordered room service... eggs florentine with salmon and my wife scrambled eggs with all kinds of great "toppings". They threw in a bread basket and French "log" butter for free. I just made coffee in the room with the excellent Illy machine. Both were great, hot and well prepared and more than enough food. Total bill was insanely reasonable and less than I often spend at my local Jersey diner.

Loss of top tier had virtually no significance on my stay, but I'll admit I might just have been lucky and having the confirmed suite upgrade is great piece of mind (4 times a year). But then again my past 3 stays at Hyatt since loss of status have all been virtually the same as if I had had it.

Last edited by schriste; May 17, 2017 at 6:56 am
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by schriste
Loss of top tier had virtually no significance on my stay.
Glad to hear of your excellent experience at PHV.

I'm pretty sure service quality at Vienna would have been equivalent with no status. But the Park Suite is a true suite, with a gorgeous (and comfortable) living room, which we made good use of. So I really appreciated getting a 1000+ Euro suite plus 70 Euro breakfast for only 125 Euro plus 12,500 points. Not sure how one would do that without top tier status
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I hope to return before my status expires next February.
Have been there twice. I, too, am trying to find my way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.