Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
T & C:

During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Have things changed, or do you still get bonus points when the club lounge is closed while you are staying there? We stayed at the Indianapolis Hyatt Regency on a weekend, when the club is always closed. In the past we have always received the bonus points, but this time when I called the Diamond desk, they said no ( after talking to a supervisor and calling the hotel to talk with manager) because it is always closed on weekends. We always get a free breakfast in restaurant. We are diamond. Is this something new?? Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
I did recently in February (from The LA Hotel) -- they credited points each night I was there. Was pretty smooth and didn't anticipate much drama either way but they gave it to me. I would call back and try again at another time (or, write to the Concierge here).
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This is the first report we've had of this. The T&Cs call for the compensation points (DN - 2,500 points per stay) if the the property normally has a club and it's closed for whatever reason (day of the week seasonal etc.) or a Diamond is denied access for whatever reason. T&C also calls for restaurant breakfast for Diamonds.

I got this compensation in Dec in Minneapolis.

Usually, GP agent does call the property to verify that the club was closed. Santa Clara Hyatt is a favorite for FT mattress runs in the Bay Area for this reason.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by adgtravel
Have things changed, or do you still get bonus points when the club lounge is closed while you are staying there? We stayed at the Indianapolis Hyatt Regency on a weekend, when the club is always closed. In the past we have always received the bonus points, but this time when I called the Diamond desk, they said no ( after talking to a supervisor and calling the hotel to talk with manager) because it is always closed on weekends. We always get a free breakfast in restaurant. We are diamond. Is this something new?? Thanks
Im staying here tonight the club has just recently been open on weekends for drinks only no breakfast which is fine with me because i would rather eat in the restaurant anyway ironically it is closed this weekend my guess is we have two major events going so I will get club closure points on this stay but in the past before it was open I have never had issue getting club close points
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I have had several stays at HR Santa Clara, ca..have received 2500 points for each weekend stay.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
Same here.... I'm here tonight $84... club is closed, 2,500 points! can't beat that.

Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I have had several stays at HR Santa Clara, ca..have received 2500 points for each weekend stay.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I was at the Santa Clara property on Sat April 5, club is usually* closed and it was that weekend, rec'd the 2500 points.

* I say usually b/c they were testing a weekend opening a few months back - but it isn't currently in place
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
It looks like the terms and conditions have changed and you only get the 2500 points when periods of high demand will not allow access.

4. Diamond members will receive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge in hotels that have the lounge. During periods of high demand, access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by snwire
It looks like the terms and conditions have changed and you only get the 2500 points when periods of high demand will not allow access.

4. Diamond members will receive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge in hotels that have the lounge. During periods of high demand, access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Then all the more so if Club were closed, I would have thought?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I get the 2500 points every time I stay on a weekend at the Greenwich Hyatt in Greenwich, CT. Posts every time with the rest of the points.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:47 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Andaz5
Same here.... I'm here tonight $84... club is closed, 2,500 points! can't beat that.
There were several of us there Saturday night.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:04 am

Too bad the 2500 points doesn't apply b/c someone had their kid's birthday party in the club lounge and all beverages and snacks were wiped out for most of our stay this weekend.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:20 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bmrisko
Too bad the 2500 points doesn't apply b/c someone had their kid's birthday party in the club lounge and all beverages and snacks were wiped out for most of our stay this weekend.
Complain to the GM of the property and copy our Gold Passport Concierge about this. I think that the "party" wasn't even booked by the property (I'd even go further to say that many of the attendees were not legitimately in the club).

You might get even more than 2500 points in compensation for this. I've faced a similar situation at the GH SFO, where I just grabbed a drink and headed back to my room/suite and went down to the lobby to print my boarding passes since there were over 20 kids in the club and 2 were playing games on the computers - this wasn't during service hours though (late afternoon). I didn't complain though.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
I recently received the 2500 point bonus for a Saturday check-in at Chicago/Schaumburg. More interesting, I was checking in at the Louisville Regency and inquired as to whether or not they had a club. The manager said no, apologetically, and then offered me 5000 points for the inconvenience
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Recently received welcome e-mail from Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort informing me that the lounge is only open in the summer and that I would be receiving 2500 points and breakfast in the restaurant for our stay next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.