Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
T & C:

During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Print Wikipost

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello MSPeconomist,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will follow up with the hotel as what you were told is not correct. If a hotel chooses to close the Regency Club Lounge on the weekends for any reason, then Diamond members would be entitled to the 2500 points for that stay.

Thanks!

Sarah
Is it possible to create a model similar to the Diamond Retro Amenity posting so this will encourage compliance? In that case, 50% more is added if we have to request it from GP after the stay. Therefore, 3,750 points could be awarded for this. Thanks for considering!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Is it possible to create a model similar to the Diamond Retro Amenity posting so this will encourage compliance? In that case, 50% more is added if we have to request it from GP after the stay. Therefore, 3,750 points could be awarded for this. Thanks for considering!

I agree, there should be some kind of penalty - it would be very useful. I recently stayed at Hyatt regency Indianapolis as well, they didn't want to give me 2500 points, even front desk manager was telling me for 15 minutes how "she called gold passport and they're on her side" since it's a scheduled closure and apparently "this 2500 points promotion ended". If a manager doesn't know the rules (or flat out lies), something must be done about it.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:28 pm

Indianapolis Not Complying (Yet Again)

Is there ever going to be something done about this? This is the 2nd time this year that Indianapolis has told GP that the rules do not apply to them.

In March, after reviewing my bill while checking out at the hotel, the manager on duty was called in, he stated that the rule does not apply to them because they have scheduled closings and because they are offering me free breakfast. So I told them I was not going to waste any more time talking to them about it and would just call in to GP. After GP could not get this resolved they offered to just give me 2,500 points in gratuity.

Stayed at the property again in November, this time at check-in I thought I would ask. Manager (different from the previous stay) states that since breakfast is being served the hotel does not have to offer any extra points and that as a Diamond "you already are getting 1,000 bonus points." I asked if the lounge would be open for water, etc. manager stated that lounge is not open, as scheduled.

Forward to today, after 33 minutes on the line with GP the rep said she would have to speak w/ a manager at GP because the hotel manager is telling her that the 2,500 bonus points rules do not apply. After another 8 minutes the GP rep comes back and says that her manager (at GP) has just told her to put 2,500 bonus points into my account as a ONE TIME free will gesture. She was also quick to point out that this would be the last time they would offer these points as a "free will gesture."

I was quick to point out that this should not be a "free will gesture" to begin with and to read the rules as stated. She said that after speaking with the hotel manager twice they were adamant that they could close the lounge, as long as it was on a schedule and not have to offer points.

I'm guessing that nothing is going to be done about this because the manager(s) at the hotel are apparently able to override the system and tell unknowing GP reps as well as GP managers that their way is correct. I'm also guessing that Diamond members being on hold for 30-60 minutes are going to eventually give up and not consider 2,500 GP points worth their time?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hartd
I'm also guessing that Diamond members being on hold for 30-60 minutes are going to eventually give up and not consider 2,500 GP points worth their time?
Much better to PM GP Concierge here on FT or DM on Twitter.

And perhaps stop giving your business to this property
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by hartd
Is there ever going to be something done about this? This is the 2nd time this year that Indianapolis has told GP that the rules do not apply to them.

In March, after reviewing my bill while checking out at the hotel, the manager on duty was called in, he stated that the rule does not apply to them because they have scheduled closings and because they are offering me free breakfast. So I told them I was not going to waste any more time talking to them about it and would just call in to GP. After GP could not get this resolved they offered to just give me 2,500 points in gratuity.

Stayed at the property again in November, this time at check-in I thought I would ask. Manager (different from the previous stay) states that since breakfast is being served the hotel does not have to offer any extra points and that as a Diamond "you already are getting 1,000 bonus points." I asked if the lounge would be open for water, etc. manager stated that lounge is not open, as scheduled.

Forward to today, after 33 minutes on the line with GP the rep said she would have to speak w/ a manager at GP because the hotel manager is telling her that the 2,500 bonus points rules do not apply. After another 8 minutes the GP rep comes back and says that her manager (at GP) has just told her to put 2,500 bonus points into my account as a ONE TIME free will gesture. She was also quick to point out that this would be the last time they would offer these points as a "free will gesture."

I was quick to point out that this should not be a "free will gesture" to begin with and to read the rules as stated. She said that after speaking with the hotel manager twice they were adamant that they could close the lounge, as long as it was on a schedule and not have to offer points.

I'm guessing that nothing is going to be done about this because the manager(s) at the hotel are apparently able to override the system and tell unknowing GP reps as well as GP managers that their way is correct. I'm also guessing that Diamond members being on hold for 30-60 minutes are going to eventually give up and not consider 2,500 GP points worth their time?
The hierachy is simply different. There is absolutely no way that a Hyatt GPP call center agent tells somebody at a hotel what to do.

Corporate charges hotels in case they are not compliant..., if the Regency Indianapolis pays the fee is certainly another question.

It is an interesting way to interpret the rules for lounge closures.

I do not know any other Hyatt property running the same approach.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
How much would it cost the hotel in $$ if they were going to be charged by GP for the 2,500 points?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kacee
Much better to PM GP Concierge here on FT or DM on Twitter.

And perhaps stop giving your business to this property
Exactly. 2 mins to email. Never an issue and always resolved in hours. Took longer to complain on here than writing them a quick note - that's for sure.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
I specifically avoided Hyatt Regency Indianapolis due to this. Free market- why the heck should I go to a hotel where I have to argue, fight to get my elite benefits- rather just stay at the JW or the Marriott or the Crowne Plaza train car...
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
HR Milwaukee whose lounge is closed on weekend. I stayed last Saturday to Sunday and I asked at check in about the bonus points for the lounge being closed. The agent told me "oh you get breakfast in the lobby instead". I asked again at check out and was told the same thing and that this property doesn't give the bonus points. Later I Tweeted Hyatt Concierge who said I was entitled to it and it would be deposited in my account. It pays to be persistent I guess.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
HR Milwaukee whose lounge is closed on weekend. I stayed last Saturday to Sunday and I asked at check in about the bonus points for the lounge being closed. The agent told me "oh you get breakfast in the lobby instead". I asked again at check out and was told the same thing and that this property doesn't give the bonus points. Later I Tweeted Hyatt Concierge who said I was entitled to it and it would be deposited in my account. It pays to be persistent I guess.
And you should have gotten 500 extra points for the extra effort.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Do clueless GMs just not realize that what they, apparently, consider a minor quibble is actually of great import to Diamonds who actually pay attention? Just reading about the runaround from HR Milwaukee and HR Indianapolis is enough for me to just blacklist these properties outright. If they're not going to follow HGP guidelines, they shouldn't even be Hyatts.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:21 am

There's a long chain of cluelessness between a GM and a FD person. In some properties a good FD manager is proactive and aware. In others nobody knows or cares.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
There's a long chain of cluelessness between a GM and a FD person. In some properties a good FD manager is proactive and aware. In others nobody knows or cares.
funny thing is - I listened to a front desk person today talking with a peer at an unnamed hyatt hotel explaining he only had 1 day of training.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Do clueless GMs just not realize that what they, apparently, consider a minor quibble is actually of great import to Diamonds who actually pay attention? Just reading about the runaround from HR Milwaukee and HR Indianapolis is enough for me to just blacklist these properties outright. If they're not going to follow HGP guidelines, they shouldn't even be Hyatts.
I'll second what many have said - just contact someone @ Hyatt (Twitter, Flyertalk, Phone) and they'll quickly post the points. I prefer Twitter since I don't have to wait on the phone, but whatever floats your boat.

Turnaround this morning for getting the 2500 bonus points for a stay at HR Milwaukee through twitter was 4 minutes (not kidding).
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
In my case, the person checking me in was very clueless. He directed me to where the lounge was and I said "isn't your lounge closed on weekends?" He stared at me for a few seconds and then said "oh yeah it is, sorry I usually work weekdays".

The guest shouldn't know more than the employee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.