Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
T & C:

During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Print Wikipost

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
This has been reviewed again by Gold Passport management and Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel management and because the Club is open for members to go in and they offer the Club amentities it is just not staffed they are not officially closed so the 2500 points will not be awarded.
You need to rethink this. This does not sounds like the Hyatt/GP I know.

-David
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:33 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:02 pm
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
That's a slippery slope - I would consider the club closed unless breakfast and evening service is provided.
+1
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:50 am

So hypothetically, if I leave a little nook in the corner of the lobby and put a little sign over it that says "club" and I leave a box of bags of chips and crackers, and a mini fridge of cokes, that counts?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
So hypothetically, if I leave a little nook in the corner of the lobby and put a little sign over it that says "club" and I leave a box of bags of chips and crackers, and a mini fridge of cokes, that counts?
more surprise and delight!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
You need to rethink this. This does not sounds like the Hyatt/GP I know.

-David
i wish the like button is already! ^
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by antonius66
The hyatt regency bethesda's is even worse than that. It's literally a prison cell sized room on the top floor with a few office desks and chairs and a non-functioning copy machine. There is a small mini fridge that is empty and that's it. But it's open 24/7 and is their "lounge".
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Magic Pickles and CoolInIndy if you would like to send me over your stay details I acan assist you in getting the proper credit and will get this addressed with the Hotel.
I have again been given a hard time obtaining the 2,500 points from Gold Passport. This time Gold Passport called the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee (another Hyatt owned property) and told me I am not entitled to points because they gave me breakfast vouchers due to the club being closed on weekends. I had to escalate to a supervisor and quote this thread.

This is doing nothing but annoy the most loyal customers and I wish once and for all this would be sorted out not only on here but at the Gold Passport desk and at the hotels.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I have again been given a hard time obtaining the 2,500 points from Gold Passport. This time Gold Passport called the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee (another Hyatt owned property) and told me I am not entitled to points because they gave me breakfast vouchers due to the club being closed on weekends. I had to escalate to a supervisor and quote this thread.

This is doing nothing but annoy the most loyal customers and I wish once and for all this would be sorted out not only on here but at the Gold Passport desk and at the hotels.
Great. I have a weekend stay that's missing the 2500 points.

Isn't there relevant material in the HGP T&C to quote?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Yep, it's right in footnote 2 on the Diamond benefits page: http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/...ip_diamond.jsp

(My emphasis)
During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob

Great news! The Hyatt Service Desk emailed me back and confirmed we are correct. We should be seeing a confirmation post from Gold Passport Concierge shortly. I hope this news is also relayed to the hotels so the points can be automatically offered and applied at check-in.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:27 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people anytime they do not have access to the Regency Club.

Karen
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:38 pm

Hello Flyertalkers!

Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people anytime they do not have access to the Regency Club.

Karen
Thanks, Karen! For consistent application, is there a way this can be relayed to hotel management and GP Customer Service? This will avoid us going full circle each year.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Thanks, Karen! For consistent application, is there a way this can be relayed to hotel management and GP Customer Service? This will avoid us going full circle each year.
Especially the HR Milwaukee, where there's a new front office manager who's new to Hyatt. He told me that this property has an exemption from Hyatt to be allowed to close the lounge on weekends, so no 2500 points.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:56 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Especially the HR Milwaukee, where there's a new front office manager who's new to Hyatt. He told me that this property has an exemption from Hyatt to be allowed to close the lounge on weekends, so no 2500 points.
Hello MSPeconomist,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will follow up with the hotel as what you were told is not correct. If a hotel chooses to close the Regency Club Lounge on the weekends for any reason, then Diamond members would be entitled to the 2500 points for that stay.

Thanks!

Sarah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.