Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
T & C:

During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Print Wikipost

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Not sure if this blogger is posting here too but it looks like Hyatt Concierge turned down a request for closed lounge points in MKE re if the lounge is typically closed on weekends, one doesn't get the points.

No points for you

I've only had issues with this at the HR Reston but a call to the Diamond desk fixed it.

Cheers
Attached Images  
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Not sure if this blogger is posting here too but it looks like Hyatt Concierge turned down a request for closed lounge points in MKE re if the lounge is typically closed on weekends, one doesn't get the points.

No points for you

I've only had issues with this at the HR Reston but a call to the Diamond desk fixed it.

Cheers
The thumbnail says that we only get points if the lounge is closed outside of normal operating hours. To me, that says that I should get 2500 points every time I try to visit a lounge at 3 am.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by thegrailer

No points for you

Cheers
I think that was answered by a poorly trained rep. Fwiw, I've called attention to this issue by Jeff Zidell.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The thumbnail says that we only get points if the lounge is closed outside of normal operating hours. To me, that says that I should get 2500 points every time I try to visit a lounge at 3 am.
Hyatt Regency Waikiki lounge is open 24/7.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I have 2500 points pending that I should have received for a new hotel's RC lounge not yet being open, although they were generous not only with breakfast but also about free drinks and appetizers in the restaurant or bar in the evening, so I'm not inclined to push it. OTOH, I might have otherwise gone elsewhere for dinner (or ordered something less expensive for my main course) so their generosity resulted in more revenue from my stay.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
I have never been denied the 2500 points when the lounge was closed. But only 2 data points.

The lounge at the Hyatt Regency Greenwich (CT) is always closed on weekends -during this time they give 2500 points, complimentary bottled water, full breakfast buffet in the main restaurant for up to 4, and usually diamond amenity plus the bonus points. Weekend rates are typically lower too.

Only other experience has been at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore (Inner Harbor) - received 2500 pts,and full breakfast (buffet or ala carte) in the restaurant for up to 4.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
HR Sacramento has always cheerfully offered me the 2500 points without prompting.

Although I wonder with all the status-matched Diamonds if the properties are now finding this quite costly.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Good point. I like your thinking

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
I think that was answered by a poorly trained rep. Fwiw, I've called attention to this issue by Jeff Zidell.
I've stayed at HR Milwaukee at least 1/2 a dozen times when the lounge is closed. Every time, it's pulling teeth to get them to post the 2500 points even with a call to customer service. I always get "...but you got the breakfast coupon..." from both FD and CS which is WRONG since T & C states "Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay PLUS daily complimentary full breakfast ." (I added it to Wiki for quick reference.) I have had points posted after > 6 months with less effort.

If you book a regency club room here, you see the following: "you'll enjoy...access to our exclusive Regency Club for weekday breakfast and beverage offerings. On weekends, enjoy breakfast served in Bistro 333 (Regency Club is closed Saturdays and Sundays)" so this may be where the hotel staff has the confusion.

Playing devil's advocate, however, the T &C specifically states, "during periods of high demand access to the... lounge may not be available" as the only condition for getting the points, leaving the rest up for interpretation (and at the hotel's discretion), and we have all receive points under different circumstances.

My concern is that if we bring it up to Zidell, the T & C will be clarified and we will never get the point under these circumstances (lounge published as being open M-F and IS open M-F) versus getting the points most of the time, but with some effort.

I can see such hotels putting a disclaimer on the reservation page regarding this just like the following disclaimer that began appearing a few months ago on Asian and European Hyatts: "Please Note: Guests at this location are considered children between the ages of 0 and 12. Any guest 13 years of age or older will be considered an adult and will be subject to adult pricing."
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Might be a silly question to ask, but does anyone have a list of all Hyatts which have closed lounges...
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:43 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

Please allow me to clarify. If a hotel has a Club Lounge, the 2500 point bonus is to be awarded whenever a Diamond member does not receive access to the Lounge during their stay, regardless of the reason. If you have a stay in question where the hotel is not awarding this bonus, please feel free to PM us directly and we will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tommys888
Might be a silly question to ask, but does anyone have a list of all Hyatts which have closed lounges...
There's a thread here. Search is your friend.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
H
Please allow me to clarify. If a hotel has a Club Lounge, the 2500 point bonus is to be awarded whenever a Diamond member does not receive access to the Lounge during their stay, regardless of the reason. If you have a stay in question where the hotel is not awarding this bonus, please feel free to PM us directly and we will be more than happy to assist.
Thanks for the clarification/confirmation!
Old May 10, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

Thanks!
Hello. What happens if a Hyatt Regency does not have a lounge at all?
Do we still receive 2500 points?
Old May 10, 2016, 2:41 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Hello. What happens if a Hyatt Regency does not have a lounge at all?
Do we still receive 2500 points?
Hi ft4lyf,

If the hotel does not have a club lounge at all you would not receive the 2,500 bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.