Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:44 am

Anyone wanna lend their experience on tipping?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Hyatt Zilara Cancun (Open 11/15/13) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

We spent ten-days at this property. We found that the staff were not looking for tips and it really wasn't necessary. Having said that....we did give singles to the alcohol servers but it really wasn't necessary.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:25 am

Any updated comments on the noise? I'm a little concerned but honestly there doesn't seem like I can do much about it except ask for a high floor upon checkin.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:01 pm

Just got back from this property, noise was not a huge issue for us, although we were on the second floor towards one end of the property so that may have helped.

Overall, I'd call the hotel nice but nothing amazing. High points were the actual facility itself, being very nice and renovated, and the service itself, with many, many people on staff and always more than happy to help.

Food and alcohol were nothing special, pretty much stuck to Asiana (the tepinyaki place), Spice (the buffet), and Pelicanos. I've had much better food and bar offerings at other resorts in Cancun, I would rate it overall as average at best.

Asiana was solid, nothing amazing but the hibachi was pulled off well and the sushi was good. The buffet, breakfast was definitely the best, and the offerings got old after awhile, however service was good and it was by far the quickest. Pelicanos was nice, but didn't stand out other than that it was a solid 'made to order' place. The other restaurants were pretty much written off, Maria Marie and Tapas, as they were uninspired and rather tasteless after two attempts a piece.

Overall it was a solid enough place as long as you were looking much more towards the relaxation portion of Cancun rather than the party portion.

Entertainment was not great, and as stated earlier the bar was very underwhelming, only one main bar in the lobby and a swim up bar; not the typical bar 'stations'/themes that you usually find at these type of resorts.

The booze itself was okay, nothing that I found to be particularly great offering as I settled up with Kettle One and Captain as my standards, and what I found most annoying was that if you didn't specify they used the standard swill.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
Any updated comments on the noise? I'm a little concerned but honestly there doesn't seem like I can do much about it except ask for a high floor upon checkin.
We got rooms with the Hyatt credit card offer. They told us that we would need to pay an extra $20 per night for a higher room than the 3rd floor. We asked for a quiet room, however we were given a room on the 3rd floor right above the music. It did stop around 10:45 during the week, but was really loud! We were able to check in before noon and given a room around 1:30. We also were given late check-out at 2 pm and allowed to stay until 5pm. I really was expecting better food.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Just finished 7 nights at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun, im a Diamond and I negotiated a good rate for an upgrade to the Presidential Suite.

Great hotel, great room, decent food and beverage. This was our first all inclusive and we were impressed!

Currently staying at the IC Cancun for our last three nights and we miss the Zilara! I am an IHG Royal Ambassador and got Comp Club Lounge Access and Upgrade to a wonderful suite but still missing the Zilara, that says it all, well done to Hyatt with the Zilara Brand!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by navatwal
Just finished 7 nights at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun, im a Diamond and I negotiated a good rate for an upgrade to the Presidential Suite.

Great hotel, great room, decent food and beverage. This was our first all inclusive and we were impressed!

Currently staying at the IC Cancun for our last three nights and we miss the Zilara! I am an IHG Royal Ambassador and got Comp Club Lounge Access and Upgrade to a wonderful suite but still missing the Zilara, that says it all, well done to Hyatt with the Zilara Brand!
What is a decent rate for the Presidential Suite?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Peatisback
What is a decent rate for the Presidential Suite?
I got a fantastic rate there of $400 a night for the presidential suite last year on a BRG. If I go again I think I'd go for the swim up suite.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by lyst
We got rooms with the Hyatt credit card offer. They told us that we would need to pay an extra $20 per night for a higher room than the 3rd floor. We asked for a quiet room, however we were given a room on the 3rd floor right above the music. It did stop around 10:45 during the week, but was really loud! We were able to check in before noon and given a room around 1:30. We also were given late check-out at 2 pm and allowed to stay until 5pm. I really was expecting better food.
Was it difficult to find days where you could get reservations using certificates?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Robl
Was it difficult to find days where you could get reservations using certificates?
I'm wondering the same thing. Also, apologies if I missed it elsewhere in the thread, but have others found that booking rooms here using points means you have to call? I've tried a dozen different date ranges on the website and none show any availability for using points to reserve, not even a single weekday night (tried just to see if I could ever get availability to show up).
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by d.s. knight
I'm wondering the same thing. Also, apologies if I missed it elsewhere in the thread, but have others found that booking rooms here using points means you have to call? I've tried a dozen different date ranges on the website and none show any availability for using points to reserve, not even a single weekday night (tried just to see if I could ever get availability to show up).
Have to call when using points.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
I called in late February and was told the weekend of April 25th/26th was unavailable for free night redemption. However, all the May weekends I asked about were available for free night redemption.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:00 pm

Booked 2 nights on certs and 2 nights on points in Sept '14 for dates in Apr '15 without issue. Obviously the bookings were a ways out, but I'd thought I'd give my 2 cents.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
Booked 2 nights on certs and 2 nights on points in Sept '14 for dates in Apr '15 without issue. Obviously the bookings were a ways out, but I'd thought I'd give my 2 cents.
Thanks this info is appreciated. It appears you have to call as reservations with points seem to never be available online for me.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Yes you definitely have to call. I booked a 7 night stay using points just last week for a very busy time of year--school vacation in most of New England and I'm sure in other states as well. The Hyatt daily rate is $1349.00 a night and the AAA/AARP/Senior rate is $971.00. When you factor in the high flight prices because of time of year this becomes a very expensive stay--unless you use points for stay and miles for flights--fortunately we are using both for a terrific rate for both flight and stay. This property is definitely available for much lower rates at various times of the year--and cheaper air fare as well. Best of luck to all and happy travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.