Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by jandmmom
Mrredskin- I hope it's worthy of a good review we will be going in 2 weeks! Fingers crossed for a smooth opening....I will do an extensive review when we get back
we actually went with Rose Hall, but the new opening date is a day after we're supposed to arrive. still trying to get that mess sorted out!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Swim Up King Feedback?

I have a booking for Feb, can anybody provide feedback on Swim Up King, trying to see if it is worth upgrading from a Standard room to this room type.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:04 pm

I haven't stayed in the swim up king myself, but have been to the property twice and the swim up rooms are bigger and have a small semi private pool shared by the other swim up suites. I think with the swim up suite you also get a reserved cabana on the beach, plus access to chef's plate and some other perks I believe.

Personally, I rather have a regular suite on a higher floor so you have a better view of the ocean and more privacy. The swim up suites are basically right next to the main pool, lobby and bars. Overall its an excellent property and all rooms face the ocean, so you can't go wrong with any room.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Swim up suites are good in theory and not worth it. ALL the rooms at this property have amazing balconies with hammocks. Chefs Plate was the weakest restaurant. Tons and tons of available cabanas on the beach so the reserved one really isn't worth it.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:44 pm

Am considering a stay at the Zilara with my flight reaching Cancun around 10AM. Anyone know or have been successful in getting checked in earlier in the day, than 3PM which is the official checkin time?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have been offered an upgrade to a Swim Up suite from a regular room for $140 per night extra, i have been advised that this is a special price for Diamond members, usually $180 per night.

Doesnt represent good value and I have made a counter offer, any experiences on the negotiated upsell rate?

Originally Posted by flyer121
Swim up suites are good in theory and not worth it. ALL the rooms at this property have amazing balconies with hammocks. Chefs Plate was the weakest restaurant. Tons and tons of available cabanas on the beach so the reserved one really isn't worth it.

Last edited by navatwal; Jan 10, 2015 at 9:47 am
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:20 am

Hyatt Zilara Cancun (Open 11/15/13) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Considering an upgrade to the swim up suite as long as they can be provided in a More private section of the pool. Does anybody have any feedback on the Presidential suites that they also offer?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by njdealguy
Am considering a stay at the Zilara with my flight reaching Cancun around 10AM. Anyone know or have been successful in getting checked in earlier in the day, than 3PM which is the official checkin time?
We arrived around 1pm, they handled our bags for us, so we didn't have to keep track of them. If you don't mind hanging around the (huge) lobby, they'll take care of you with champagne until your room is ready. Pretty sure we got into our room around 2pm.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi,

Hyatt Card free nights can be redeemed here. Please DM your dates, and I can assist you.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Good Afternoon,
My wife and I have the Chase Hyatt Award Certificates in our accounts. We each have 2. We are very excited about this property (Zilara Cancun). Would you be able to help us with possible availability for 4 nights in a row during early April, this year ?

Thank you for your assistance, Tom Kearney Email: [email protected]; Tel: (630) 308-6610. We will provide our account numbers if it looks possible.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:08 pm

On Scholarship - all you need to do is call the Hyatt CSR number and give your gold passport number as well as asking if there are the "basic" entry level room available for the 4 nights you are interested in (that's what the Chase certificates come from). I also believe if you go on your HGP account page and click on "awards" it should list your two free nights and give a phone number to call to book them.
Good luck
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
I'm getting Married in a few months and I called Hyatt Zilara to book 4 nights with 100K points. I was only able to book a double bed, which it sucks because it's my honeymoon, so I am going to have to cough up the $$ for upgrade and get a guaranteed king... I suppose i could pay an upgrade, I don't know I have tried yet.

the agent said I could get moved to king upon check-in... but I feel very uneasy counting on luck at check-in. I could be stuck with a double during my honeymoon stay.
Anybody that was booked in a double bed able to move to a King at check-in ??

what would you do?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Elmatador
I'm getting Married in a few months and I called Hyatt Zilara to book 4 nights with 100K points. I was only able to book a double bed, which it sucks because it's my honeymoon, so I am going to have to cough up the $$ for upgrade and get a guaranteed king... I suppose i could pay an upgrade, I don't know I have tried yet.

the agent said I could get moved to king upon check-in... but I feel very uneasy counting on luck at check-in. I could be stuck with a double during my honeymoon stay.
Anybody that was booked in a double bed able to move to a King at check-in ??

what would you do?
I would book it now with a double. And then email the hotel directly with a king request and let them know of Honeymoon so they can put in notes. One week before follow up, even email the GM. I am sure that they can accommodate you with a king, even an upgrade for free. Worst case to make you pay which it sounds like you are open to.

This is my experience with mexico resorts (not this hotel specifically). I have always been satisfied and accommodated with a free upgrade.

You can always have a back up plan and book something 100% refundable at another property. Just make sure to remember the cancellation terms.

Finally, you can "force" a King room. Book a refundable king, then ask it to be changed to points. Do this with hotel directly. This is a gamble, but I have done this many times with HH, SPG, IHG etc.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I would book it now with a double. And then email the hotel directly with a king request and let them know of Honeymoon so they can put in notes. One week before follow up, even email the GM. I am sure that they can accommodate you with a king, even an upgrade for free. Worst case to make you pay which it sounds like you are open to.

This is my experience with mexico resorts (not this hotel specifically). I have always been satisfied and accommodated with a free upgrade.

You can always have a back up plan and book something 100% refundable at another property. Just make sure to remember the cancellation terms.

Finally, you can "force" a King room. Book a refundable king, then ask it to be changed to points. Do this with hotel directly. This is a gamble, but I have done this many times with HH, SPG, IHG etc.
Thanks much for this great info and great tips. I will try one of these options to get the king. I have already booked the double room and the rep added comments that I need a King and honeymoon... I will email often to see if I can get it. Worst case, I'll upgrade at check in.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Hyatt Zilara Cancun (Open 11/15/13) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Swim up suites are the least private in the entire resort.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Does this hotel allow for Points + Cash reservations at the Cat 6 level? I seem to remember one of the bloggers saying yes... well, I'm sure I can always just ask the CSR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.