Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:06 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any suggestions on where to get a French Health Pass near this property?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Any suggestions on where to get a French Health Pass near this property?
you can try at any pharmacy.
There is one open 7/24 at avenue de la grande armée (100 meters from the hotel) (Pharmacie de la Porte Maillot - 68 Av. de la Grande Armée, 75017 Paris).
There is also another one in front of the hotel, literally 20 meters from the entrance. (Pharmacie Aprium - 2 Pl. du Général Kœnig, 75017 Paris).
Some will ask you to pay, but it's not something mandatory, should be free.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
you can try at any pharmacy.
There is one open 7/24 at avenue de la grande armée (100 meters from the hotel) (Pharmacie de la Porte Maillot - 68 Av. de la Grande Armée, 75017 Paris).
There is also another one in front of the hotel, literally 20 meters from the entrance. (Pharmacie Aprium - 2 Pl. du Général Kœnig, 75017 Paris).
Some will ask you to pay, but it's not something mandatory, should be free.
thank you!
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
We just stayed here for 4 nights. There was a screwup somewhere on my TSU confirmed Eiffel View Suite (Regency Suite King with view of Eiffel Tower). We stayed at an Eiffel Tower View Suite the first night, then switched to an Eiffel Tower View Family Room the next 3 nights. Both are 2 rooms, Regency Suite 2nd room has a sofa with Murphy bed, whereas Family Room's 2nd room has 2 Twin beds. I actually preferred the Family Room for functionality than the Regency Suite.

View of Eiffel Tower was great, both rooms were XX15, near the end of the curve with full view of Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe, with Notre Dame in the distance. Regency Suite was above 25th floor, whereas Family Room was below 25th floor, meaning we had to change elevators at 25th floor for access to Regency Club.

Regency Club was closed on Sunday when we arrived. There was a section at the end of Windo Bar serving as Regency Club from 5-9 PM with very limited offerings. Regular Regency Club was open Monday and during the week. Breakfast at RC was almost back to normal, although there were fewer items available, fewer juices and individually wrapped pads of butter instead of the large crocks of Grand Cru fancy butter. However, evening hours were from 6-9 PM, so we did not have time to check it out before leaving for dinner. RC used to have evening offerings starting at 5 PM, so this is a change.
Jerkstore, tpsmith82 and aumarosa like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: WoH Globalist; AS MVP 75K; OW Emerald; AA Platinum Pro; HH Gold; MB Gold
For the Globalists who have stayed here and not used a TSU, what type of room do you usually end up in?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by aumarosa
For the Globalists who have stayed here and not used a TSU, what type of room do you usually end up in?
High floor.
aumarosa likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
High floor.
Most on this thread report High Floor. No guarantees though of course. I 'made the mistake' of staying when they were doing some big conference and for the whole week I was on a floor only 1/3 of the way up. We did see the Eiffel tower, but not far enough around the curve or high enough over the roof line to see the Arc de Triumph. We had to take 2 elevators to get to the lounge, and the elevators were always slow and it took 10 minutes to get up there and back. View of the Eiffel tower was nice, street noise was pretty bad, and given all the other rooms at this hotel that were better (higher floors), I'd rank it easily one of the 'worst' room placements I've ever gotten as a globalist.
aumarosa likes this.

Last edited by MarkOK; Mar 30, 2022 at 9:06 am
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
I stayed last week. In the app ahead of time I saw Eiffel Tower view with club access. When I arrived at the hotel they gave me a room on the 23rd floor (which would mean changing elevators to get to the club). However, on the walk over from the metro station I checked and Eiffel Tower view suites were available. I asked and got a small speech about how they have very few suites and next time need to apply a TSU or book it directly. They asked if I was interested in an upgrade if it was available (that's kinda why I brought it up...). They said I "got lucky this time" and gave it to me. So I had to work for it, but I did get a suite. Other than that speech at check in I really liked the hotel.
aumarosa likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I have never been upgraded to a suite without using TSU, however, except for the recent stay in Family Room with Eiffel Tower View, the rooms have always been on high floor without needing to change elevators at 25th floor to reach Regency Club.
aumarosa likes this.

Last edited by CIT85; Mar 30, 2022 at 5:37 pm
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
When not using a TSU as a Globalist I have always received High Floor with Eiffel Tower view. When I booked two rooms, one for me and one for a guest using GoH, both rooms were on a high floor but only my room was Eiffel Tower view, the other room was view of Sacre Coeur.
aumarosa likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
I stayed last week. In the app ahead of time I saw Eiffel Tower view with club access. When I arrived at the hotel they gave me a room on the 23rd floor (which would mean changing elevators to get to the club). However, on the walk over from the metro station I checked and Eiffel Tower view suites were available. I asked and got a small speech about how they have very few suites and next time need to apply a TSU or book it directly. They asked if I was interested in an upgrade if it was available (that's kinda why I brought it up...). They said I "got lucky this time" and gave it to me. So I had to work for it, but I did get a suite. Other than that speech at check in I really liked the hotel.
Are the Eiffel Tower suites a standard suite?? Couldn't tell from the app as it only says the Regency suite king is the standard, then says nothing about the Eiffel Tower being either standard or premium.

Either way...so frustrating when they try and not give the suite that is available if it is part of the Globalist benifit. I could really care less how fee suites they have, if it's available you should be upgraded. I e got a 5 night stay coming up and all it's showing is a 1 king bed available for booking. Not holding my breath for any suites.

What floor should I be looking for if not wanting to switch elevators?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Are the Eiffel Tower suites a standard suite?? Couldn't tell from the app as it only says the Regency suite king is the standard, then says nothing about the Eiffel Tower being either standard or premium.

Either way...so frustrating when they try and not give the suite that is available if it is part of the Globalist benifit. I could really care less how fee suites they have, if it's available you should be upgraded. I e got a 5 night stay coming up and all it's showing is a 1 king bed available for booking. Not holding my breath for any suites.

What floor should I be looking for if not wanting to switch elevators?
That is interesting. When I was there 1.5 weeks ago, I am pretty sure the description of the Eiffel Tower suite included that it was a standard suite (which is why I asked at check in). The Eiffel Tower suite is really a Regency suite with Eiffel tower view, the rooms are really the same, from what I understand. They are basically just 2 adjoining standard rooms, with the furniture adjusted in one. They remove the king bed, have a murphy bed in the up position with a couch in front of it, and the desk faces the window instead of along the TV. Each room is mostly stocked like it is a solo room.

It seems like, from the other recent posts, I was quite lucky to get a suite, so the front desk agent was not wrong. It was an awkward 90 seconds or so as she looked for & reassigned the room and gave me the little speech, but worth it.

I think the magic number is floor 25. Below that you will have to ride up and change elevators.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:27 am

That is interesting. When I was there 1.5 weeks ago, I am pretty sure the description of the Eiffel Tower suite included that it was a standard suite (which is why I asked at check in). The Eiffel Tower suite is really a Regency suite with Eiffel tower view, the rooms are really the same, from what I understand. They are basically just 2 adjoining standard rooms, with the furniture adjusted in one. They remove the king bed, have a murphy bed in the up position with a couch in front of it, and the desk faces the window instead of along the TV. Each room is mostly stocked like it is a solo room.

It seems like, from the other recent posts, I was quite lucky to get a suite, so the front desk agent was not wrong. It was an awkward 90 seconds or so as she looked for & reassigned the room and gave me the little speech, but worth it.

I think the magic number is floor 25. Below that you will have to ride up and change elevators.
Eiffel Tower is a standard suite.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had a similar experience when I stayed there in January. 1 night stay, I was upgraded in advance to the same category of room as you (tower view) and there appeared to be plenty of suites, pretty much every category of standard suite was bookable for that night per the app, and the person at the front desk had the gall to tell me that there were no upgrades available while I literally had the Hyatt app open. Whatever.

I arrived too late in the evening to visit the lounge, but the buffet breakfast in the restaurant was very good. I really liked the hard product of the rooms. The attitude of the FD clerk was off putting, though I'm rather used to it in France. The more bothersome part of the stay was somebody from housekeeping tried to enter my room the next morning even though I had late checkout and woke me up from the door hitting the manual deadbolt. After the stay I sent all this off to my concierge who facilitated a decent service recovery, part of which, I now have a standing offer for a complimentary upgrade to a premium suite on my next stay, subject to availability, of course
Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:27 pm

Anyone else seeing unusual availability (or rather lack thereof) for standard rooms for reward nights? I’ve checked many dates but only the 2 Twins with Club Access room seems to be available for 21k points. I cannot find any dates with availability for the standard room at the Category 4 pricing. Similar issues with the Hôtel du Louvre, with almost no standard room availability. Is this the newest game Paris hotels are playing to blackout award nights?
lalala, 365RoadWarrior and jdhnyc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.