Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Union Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Union Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Overall, I can't recommend this property.
Matches my feelings. Love the location and the rooms are nice enough if you can handle the size. But overall package just not appealing.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Frustrating for me as I would love to put friends and family visiting us here but the hard and soft product service hiccups are just too much to deal with. The W Union Square or the Moxy East Village are the only other mainline hotel chain properties within a short walking distance.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Debating if I should do 1 night here just for the Hyatt badge at a sub $200 rate including tax. However, coming from Thompson CP, Andaz and PHNY I’m not sure if I want to end my NYC trip in this property.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:30 pm

I stayed here the night of the 20th. Upgraded from base room (courtyard view) to top floor city view as an explorist. Paid $250 with taxes and fees. As a solo traveler who doesn't care about hotel breakfasts (it's NYC, I can get a bagel on every corner), I was happy with my stay.

The hotel is super close to multiple subway lines and buses, air conditioner was quiet, outside noise didn't keep me from sleeping. Rooms were clean, everything worked perfectly fine. My one complaint was the size of the room, it would have been really nice to have a lounge chair.

Side note, everyone should know how to enable VIP mode on these thermostats. Prevents the motion sensor from putting air conditioning into energy saving mode.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:44 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
funnyfarm299 - I wonder if they put you in the room I vacated on the 20th. As a side note, the thermostat in the second room of my stay (the one with the non-functional heat) had a different wall control that lacked a motion sensor. Thanks for the tip on "VIP Mode" - I will keep that in mind for future hotel stays.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 24, 2022 at 4:50 am
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Mariott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Worst use of a suite upgrade ever, this hotel is dreadful.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by immaculatedx
Worst use of a suite upgrade ever, this hotel is dreadful.
Care to elaborate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.