Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thanks, oc2005. Yeah, there is that pesky affordability part of the equation. But hopefully, as others have wished upthread, there will be a leavening over time - albeit mitigated by the likely neighborhood corporate contract business. It is a high-rent neighborhood for suchlike. I don't remember the Summerfield (nee Hyatt House) or the Manhattan Beach Hawthorn - once a part of the Hyatt family - ever coming down much.
FYI - I've been seeing (and booking) the Hyatt Place LAX in the $101 per night range lately. This property seems to regularly have one of the cheapest rates of any Hyatt in LA/OC area (other than Hyatt Place Ontario and Riverside).
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by oc2005
FYI - I've been seeing (and booking) the Hyatt Place LAX in the $101 per night range lately. This property seems to regularly have one of the cheapest rates of any Hyatt in LA/OC area (other than Hyatt Place Ontario and Riverside).
I also found a Fri night stay for $101. I will be there in two weeks.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Jan 14, 2013 at 10:20 am
Old Jan 26, 2013, 5:27 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club

Posting from this property: This Hyatt Place is fantastic. It ranks above many of the Hyatt Regencies we've stayed in. Beautiful property, stylish rooms, friendly staff. Very pleasant and reasonable place to stay near LAX.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt, Marriott
Here now too and agree that it is a great place except for one thing. Got back last night after a very long day and my room had not been cleaned. They said they couldn't do anything about it. The woman who runs the breakfast area is amazing! She wants to help in any way. I'll definitely be back.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Has there been any thought/discussion to running the shuttle past midnight? I routinely arrive to LAX on AA185 at around 12:30AM +/- 30 minutes, so taking a $18-minimum-fare cab ride to get to ths location seems really silly, particularly when the SPG properties in the area run 24 hour shuttles.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:26 am

Just called down to the desk. 5-midnight only but they do a final run over there around midnight. I asked if there was any plan to run 24 hours for the flights aftere midnight. He said he would bring it to his manager. Maybe if a lot of people show management the late night scheduled flights, they'd consider it. Meanwhile would super shuttle be cheaper. I know that those cabs take such indirect routes and run up the meter.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:56 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by jcwik
Here now too and agree that it is a great place except for one thing. Got back last night after a very long day and my room had not been cleaned. They said they couldn't do anything about it. The woman who runs the breakfast area is amazing! She wants to help in any way. I'll definitely be back.
I stayed last weekend and Kim who ran the breakfast buffet is phenomanal All the staff were great
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Checking into this hotel tonight. Arriving at around 11:30 and hope to make the shuttle.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
Originally Posted by jcwik
I know that those cabs take such indirect routes and run up the meter.
It's not a matter of cabs taking indirect routes from the airport, but an LAX cab policy with minimal fares....

LAX Cab fares discussion
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:54 pm

True about the minimum fee, but I think driving past manhattan beach to get to el Segundo is a bit out of the way. That has happened to me twice. I'm grateful for this new hyatt shuttle.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
And By Hotel Shuttle You Mean?

A dedicated private shuttle with their paint on the side, and their employee driving, or, and I assume, the HP is one stop for one of the metallic blue shared shuttles like everybody else at LAX?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:04 am

It's the white van variety and only goes to the hyatt. It's not on Century Blvd with all those that go together.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:39 am

Stayed here last night. I was able to catch the shuttle at about 1145 p.m. . The property is very nice clean and new. The rooms are not traditional Hyatt Place rooms however a version of them. They have improved the bathroom set up. The bathroom is now at the entrance to the room like more traditional hotel rooms. They still have the divided room with sectional and bed area.

I have pictures to post that I will do at a later date.. Overall a great stay.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I have pictures to post that I will do at a later date.. Overall a great stay.
Also, we were able to leave our car here, at no charge, for a mileage run, making this a prime LA choice. The Hyatt House will also allow this, but you must take the metro from there, so the HP is a welcome addition to the mix.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:04 am
Community Director Emerita

This is a level 3 property or 12,000 points/night for a free room.

How many nights do you think you could leave your car?

Originally Posted by slocouple
Also, we were able to leave our car here, at no charge, for a mileage run, making this a prime LA choice. The Hyatt House will also allow this, but you must take the metro from there, so the HP is a welcome addition to the mix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.