Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Markie
A few pics of the suite upgrade I got on my last stay there: (Seating area was as normal HP).

Top floor, all the way the end of the corridor?

That looks like the room I had there back in March, HUGE, not needed at all as it was just me, but appreciated all the same
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by frenchie2
wow the shuttle service really this bad? I have a night booked for Dec 19 and getting in at 10:30pm. 40 min wait for the shuttle won't be good as I have 3 kids traveling. The rate of $127 was what got me interested in booking. Now I wonder if I should go with either Renaissance or Embassy Suites, which I also have rooms reserved.. Got to decide on one only though.
Do the Embassy Suites. They have multiple shared shuttles and call back-up if one is late or over-filled. Also, they are right across the street from BUDGET and 2 blocks from AVIS, so it works great if you are getting a rental car the next day, or turning one in the night before you fly.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
A few pics of the suite upgrade I got on my last stay there: (Seating area was as normal HP).
Nice! I've been upgraded to a suite like this once at the HP Chicago South and was shocked; unfortunately, never been as lucky at this property despite spending close to two months at it so far this year.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Scifience
Nice! I've been upgraded to a suite like this once at the HP Chicago South and was shocked; unfortunately, never been as lucky at this property despite spending close to two months at it so far this year.
It was my first time in half a dozen stays. I had three in a week which perhaps helped. Shame was I didn't get in until midnight and had to leave at 7.30am!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Thumbs down New Low, $5 bag fee per day

This is a first thing to me and a huge low water mark!

They charge $5 per bag and per day for storing it.

I had a good stay at this hotel and wanted to come back after the weekend. However, the front desk attendant informed me of the $5 fee. Never ever seen this before at any hotel. I just went ahead booking my stays for next week at Hilton and Hyatt Concourse instead.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I guess I don't see that as that big of a deal. I mean, an HP is not a full-service property, so I really wouldn't even expect them to store luggage, and when I do check a bag at an HR or GH, I tip $5 anyway, so it's a wash.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I guess I don't see that as that big of a deal. I mean, an HP is not a full-service property, so I really wouldn't even expect them to store luggage, and when I do check a bag at an HR or GH, I tip $5 anyway, so it's a wash.
You tip $5 per bag per day?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Parking shows at 15/night... any street parking around thats free?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The parking charge seems fairly new... making it a lot less attractive.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:29 pm

Here right now. Yep $15/day to park. Said it started last July. Time to move on.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:51 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Had a late (midnight) arrival into LAX this past Friday. Called the property when I arrived and was instructed to look for the dispatched 105 Parking shuttle under the red Hotel/Parking Lot pickup zone outside the terminal. Only waited about five minutes before the shuttle arrived and thankfully, no one else needed pickup at any of the other terminals so we went straight to the hotel.

No acknowledgement of my Globalist status when checking in or any offer of a water or two. Despite having checked in via the app, I still had to get my credit card swiped and wait for keys to be issued (pet peeve of mine).

We were assigned an end room on the 4th floor; it's not as long and narrow as the standard HP rooms; it's more square with the bedroom and bath on one half and the kitchen and living room on the other. The room was very quiet, but there was a little noise of the Green Line going by so those sensitive to noise should ask for a room on the north side of the building.

No issues with breakfast or any other parts of our stay.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Parking shows at 15/night... any street parking around thats free?
Was looking at this property today but with the parking charge... screw it!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: AS 100K
I just spent two award nights here this past weekend. When checking in, I was told that parking was free since I used points for the stay. That was a surprise to me since I was expecting to pay the $15 per day.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I just spent two award nights here this past weekend. When checking in, I was told that parking was free since I used points for the stay. That was a surprise to me since I was expecting to pay the $15 per day.
Are you a Globalist? If so, that explains it. If not that’s strange it could just be a newer employee who heard about the Globalist free parking on Points stays and applied it to you as a WOH Member.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Are you a Globalist? If so, that explains it. If not that’s strange it could just be a newer employee who heard about the Globalist free parking on Points stays and applied it to you as a WOH Member.
no-status member...should have mentioned that.

there was another employee at check-in and she did not correct the other employee. so idk. but yeah, i was surprised too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.