Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 11:41 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I've stayed here twice. Points did not post on either occasion (but customer service posted the points quickly).

I did not experience any issues at breakfast. Perhaps I'm choosing nights which are not terribly busy.

Staying at this property again in a few days ; will post if anything changes. As of right now, it's our favorite place to stay in the LA area. Perhaps we'll eventually grow tired of it, but we really like the In N Out Burger nearby where you can watch airplanes land and it seems like they're so close you can reach up and touch them.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I've stayed here twice. Points did not post on either occasion (but customer service posted the points quickly).

I did not experience any issues at breakfast. Perhaps I'm choosing nights which are not terribly busy.

Staying at this property again in a few days ; will post if anything changes. As of right now, it's our favorite place to stay in the LA area. Perhaps we'll eventually grow tired of it, but we really like the In N Out Burger nearby where you can watch airplanes land and it seems like they're so close you can reach up and touch them.
I'll be watching for your update, SquareDanceGuy. I'm holding a res for June at this property, selecting it due to convenience for a quick jaunt to LAX. It seems there are some mixed reviews, but overall the vibe seems positive.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I'll be watching for your update, SquareDanceGuy. I'm holding a res for June at this property, selecting it due to convenience for a quick jaunt to LAX. It seems there are some mixed reviews, but overall the vibe seems positive.
We'll be back at the end of May. We really like having this option in the LAX area.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
I've had two weekend stays in the last month. Shuttle to and from LAX was quick, room was quiet, and points posted immediately following each stay. As some have mentioned, the water pressure is a little weak, but I think it is just a water saving measure. The Metro Green Line will get you to the Blue Line if you want to go downtown, although it takes about an hour with the connection. The LG HDTV had lots of channels, but I don't think it got Fox Sports West. Other than that, no complaints.
Old May 10, 2013, 6:31 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Checked in a few hours ago. They did not ask which Diamond amenity I want, nor did they recognize me as a Diamond, nor did they even mention HGP at all. Still, this is a great location for a stay near LAX. I like the fact that it's a brand-new build. I'm already accustomed to the fact that staying here also involves contacting Hyatt Customer Service i na few days to get the points posted.
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Old May 15, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
This place seems to be among the newest within 10km of LAX. But I'm still not sure whether to pay ~200$ on a June weekday when the LAX Marriotts/Hiltons are ~$120, and the Anaheim places are ~130-150.
Old May 15, 2013, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
This place seems to be among the newest within 10km of LAX. But I'm still not sure whether to pay ~200$ on a June weekday when the LAX Marriotts/Hiltons are ~$120, and the Anaheim places are ~130-150.
I agree that it can be a bit steep on a weekday. It just depends on where one needs to be.
The HR in Anaheim/Garden Grove can sometimes be had for under $200 on weeknights.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
Didn't realize it usually runs that hight. I guess I should be thankful for my $170 mid-week rate for a stay in June.
Old May 19, 2013, 1:42 am

Actually 170 +taxes was the nonrefundable rate for my date as well; but it comes up to 200 + with taxes if you choose the changeable option
Old May 19, 2013, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by mr27
I agree that it can be a bit steep on a weekday. It just depends on where one needs to be.
The HR in Anaheim/Garden Grove can sometimes be had for under $200 on weeknights.
On my travel day, the HR in Anaheim is 170 with breakfast so its cheap and IMO is also the best hotel in that area.
But the only reason I am not choosing is that I stayed there during my last trip to the LA Area, and I wanted something different
Old May 19, 2013, 3:45 pm

i had a stay here on a thursday in march. my rate was $17X; perfectly good experience at a new newer buildling.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:31 am

Great experience - newer building with nicer rooms / room layout than most HPs, but the same breakfast mob and poor food options take it down a notch.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For a HP I was quite impressed with the breakfast options.... Almost on par with some of the more generic club lounges at HR's.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:56 pm

This property is one of the best Hyatt Places I've stayed in. I'll be there for a night, later this month. You can find me at the In N Out just a mile away, watching the heavies land at LAX.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I find the breakfast the HP these days better than the garbage that is often being served at the Club Lounges of the average HR or even GH in the U.S.

That being said I would never ever pay more than 100$ for any Hyatt Place. Period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.