Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Looking at the rates in May and they are staggering... 400 EUR a night or so. Should I expect them to stay the same? I could finagle enough points for the two night booking so I'll probably lock it in at the old rate of 18K per night and see if perhaps cash & points will have space...
I know the rates are shocking - I hope they will come down when a little bit of reality steps in. My AARP rate for May is EUR440.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:33 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
moved to Spain??

Just checking a res for this hotel and the address comes up as:

'Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht

Prinsengracht 587

Amsterdam Alabama, Spain'

hmmmm
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac

Prinsengracht 587

hmmmm
I am already happy when hyatt.com is actually working, displaying pretty basic data in a correct way is probably too much to ask for.

Maybe, the number 587 is the rate in US dollars
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:22 am

Prinsengracht 587

hmmmm
Sweet Home Alabama
Not so sweet Hyatt.com
Have a Happy upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday to those celebrating
Safe travels
Old Nov 29, 2013, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
I am already happy when hyatt.com is actually working
indeed!

Has anyone got the Diamond breakfast as room service here?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Prinsengracht 587
hmmmm
Same in the award overview:

Spain
Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht
Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Recently finished a stay here. Service was excellent (even staying on my €120/night BRG rate). Suite was available at 9am. The suite was beautiful and in terms of space was reminiscent of the Premier Park Deluxe rooms at the PH Washington. My minibar was restocked each day. And breakfast being available as early as 6:30am was much appreciated.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by lawyertalk
...even staying on my €120/night BRG rate...
Yow! That's a fine rate.. would you mind sharing (by PM if you're shy) where you found the competing rate?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:10 pm

Yow! That's a fine rate.. would you mind sharing (by PM if you're shy) where you found the competing rate?
Just off of Kayak. Got a bit lucky with one site pricing way off and a CSR willing to do it.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Question

For those who have stayed in the regular suite, is it large enough to accommodate three adults? The website doesn't have a maximum room occupancy. I will call Hyatt later but wanted opinions as well (in other words, even if it is possible, is it a good thing to do?)
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
For those who have stayed in the regular suite,
Considering a 3 night point stay here in May... any opinion if standard suite is a big enough jump in space/quality to go for the extra points? If for example the suite is some oddly shaped thing up in the rafters... I probably would not be interested. Can't find any good pics on the web.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by schriste
Considering a 3 night point stay here in May... any opinion if standard suite is a big enough jump in space/quality to go for the extra points? If for example the suite is some oddly shaped thing up in the rafters... I probably would not be interested. Can't find any good pics on the web.
The standard suite would be a junior suite in other hotels. The room was like a Premier Park Deluxe room at the PH Washington. None of the standard suites have a view of the canals. With those negatives out of the way, I was happy using a Diamond suite upgrade cert for a 3-night stay. Having a fully separate (and large) bathroom was a big plus--it's somewhat strange to have the sink so close to the bed in the standard rooms. The suite is also at the end of a hall, so more isolated from the other rooms. My Internet connection was somewhat hit or miss, though, and the location may have explained this. Would the upgrade have been worth it on (9K) points (per night)? Perhaps not.

These blogs do a decent job of comparing standard room v. suite (with pictures): http://www.mylifesatrip.com/hotel-re...daz-amsterdam/ and http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...daz-amsterdam/
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
thanks for the input; my wife thought the pictures in the blogs were really cool. we decided to book an Andaz suite for our city break next year--a lot of points, I know, but less points than two rooms. the going rate for one night was over 1000 Euro (so about $1400) for a flexible reservation. I can't imagine paying that much for the room.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST Elite+), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite+), CI Gold (ST Elite), TK M&M Silver (*A Silver)
I just checked into the Andaz Amsterdam and I must say I'm impressed already with both their level of (customer) service and the suite itself. I wanted to post some pictures, but the pictures of the post above are basically exactly the same as mine.

Upon checkin I advised the hotel that my wallet was stolen /lost and I didn't have any cards to check-in with. They said it wouldn't be a problem and checked me in with no problems which I find a great plus. I'm not an alcohol drinker so I'll leave the alcoholic section of the mini-bar untouched, but they didn't make a fuzz about removing the alcoholic beverages from the mini-bar despite not having a card to cover for incidentals. +++

Also, I've stayed in many hotels before where I asked for a toothbrush and got (I'm sure you can all relate) a generic brandless toothbrush and an evenly generic and brandless toothpaste that comes with it. Same goes for the razor and shaving cream. Here I asked for both these items (toothbrush and razor) and got a nice package (bag) with branded toothbrush and toothpaste (Aquafresh) and branded razor and shaving cream (Gilette) which I find a real plus (I know, it's a small thing, but I can really appreciate this).

The Diamond amenity in this hotel is a tin filled with Dutch 'Stroopwafels' and a box of cheese and sausages from 'Jutter Speijs'. All in all a nice amenity.

I like the lay-out of the room including the bathroom, that unlike the 'strangely placed sink' in the standard rooms is a spacious 'bath' area with a tub in the middle and a separate shower and toilet. The bathroom also has a 'mirror-TV' which is a nice touch.

There are various (I think I spotted 3) iPod connections in the room, however they are all for iPod /iPhones with the 'old' connector, so not for newer 5 / 5S/C devices which is a real pity.

Ow and one more thing: the seats /couches in the living room are really nice and comfy!

I really like this hotel already and start to think that it's actually worth its nightly rate (which I also found to be a bit steep, even for Amsterdam)...
--

Add: internet speeds are more than acceptable with wireless connection in room

Last edited by sth1984; Dec 15, 2013 at 3:38 pm Reason: Added internet speed
Old Dec 15, 2013, 4:58 pm

Another update on Andaz Amsterdam

Have been wanting to chime in here since my return last week
Thanks to the excellent post by sth1984 it created a reminder to do so
I had another really great stay here and other than some mini bar temperature issues (its passable for those that don't like really cold beverages)

Would have to say that the breakfast has improved significantly since opening a year ago.
The presentation great and the generosity of the offerings and the superb dining room staff impressive under a new restaurant manager with his eye on detail.
I couldn't ask for a better Diamond benefit and I believe after I checked out that room service was also an option ^
I wish all Hyatt hotels would follow their lead.
Not to mention some other hotel chains or programs. Hilton (farewell)can you hear me now??
Breakfast execution is far stronger as is overall attention to detail
IMHO its ranks up there about as good as breakfast gets in Amsterdam
Room service varied from excellent to just satisfactory
Their concept of mix and match your favorite mains and side dishes was a huge hit with me all at one fixed price.
I used room service regularly during my stay and found good value ^
Mind you for Amsterdam

I know I will be shot for saying this I actually preferred the breakfast at Andaz Amsterdam to the 5 star Park Hyatt Milan which I visited just afterwards
Its almost as they listened to me a year ago. They featured an excellent blueberry muffin that wasn't available last year that would be proud in any country/hotel/bake shop.
In Amsterdam that's really saying something.
There appeared to be a few less team members in the front of the house/bellman and such than my visit last year but it did not affect stay quality for me in anyway
There wasn't any request that the team didn't assist or rise to the occasion. The excellent management team that opened this hotel is thankfully in place.
Prices as will your miles may vary due to season or demand so won't likely be for budget travelers at all

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 3, 2014 at 10:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.