Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by skj
You might want to look at your confirmation. All of mine say something like "Taxes and fees are subject to change based on dates of stay and local jurisdiction." in the fine print. It's unfortunate you initiated a chargeback because you will be liable for paying the difference in taxes.
You’re right!
« Taxes and fees are subject to change based on dates of stay and local jurisdiction. »
But that’s annoying…
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:37 pm

I interpreted it as @Sophoclefr rejected the charge when it was pending, not that they disputed it. In any event, by not paying it now the Front Desk has the chance to write it off as a goodwill gesture.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
I interpreted it as @Sophoclefr rejected the charge when it was pending, not that they disputed it. In any event, by not paying it now the Front Desk has the chance to write it off as a goodwill gesture.
I would personally not expect a hotel to write off/absorb an increase in government tax which takes effect prior to check-in, and for which they have no control over, just because they charged the rate and the taxes in effect at the time of charging the card.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 8:38 am

yeeted

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 2:35 pm
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone use the sauna here recently? Last time we stayed, it seemed to be off most of the time, and we never waited for it to get fully heated up. But this was five years ago.

Does it have hours posted now possibly?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Can’t help with the Sauna, but the Lobby Restaurant/Lounge fully reopened last week. The renovations is very nice.

There is a new cocktail list with quite unusual ingredients (fennel juice, etc), quite impressive and more in line with the Andaz concept. New food menu as well. Prices seem unchanged as far as I remember but quality went up.

The reception now moved to the former “Library” space directly on the right when entering.

Some pictures below:

Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:50 pm

Late checkout?

We have a stay coming up and I emailed to ask about late checkout. The person who responded implied the answer is no by saying

"The official check out is at 12:00pm due to our high occupancy during spring."

I just re-read the T&C to confirm that late checkout is a guaranteed Globalist benefit. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice on how to navigate this? I.e. respond to the email to clarify vs wait until check-in and inquire again/speak with GM?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Potentially a poorly trained/ inattentive person responding to emails. I'd gently push back and see if they get it right next time.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I have an upcoming stay here and will not be needing the 4PM checkout, but if I do, I intend to get it since it’s a Globalist benefit.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by angel_yunjie
We have a stay coming up and I emailed to ask about late checkout. The person who responded implied the answer is no by saying

I just re-read the T&C to confirm that late checkout is a guaranteed Globalist benefit. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice on how to navigate this? I.e. respond to the email to clarify vs wait until check-in and inquire again/speak with GM?
I'd respond to the e-mail politely. Re-iterate that you're a Globalist guest and ask them to confirm that the 4 PM checkout will be available per the Hyatt program. If they reiterate that it won't be, then I would reach out to the manager at checkin (or ask your Concierge in advance if you have one.)
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Write back and submit as proof: the corporate Hyatt T&C
CC to your concierge / liason to escalate

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-checkout.html
https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...itbadges_terms
Spoiler

Keep the link as favorite on your smartphone to show to reception / management at check in ....

Rogue agents / hotels should be corrected and reported to Hyatt corporate....
We do not want the whole Globalist benefit system to collapse from guaranteed to subject to availability at hotel's discretion at own interpretation
(similair as some rogue Marriot & Hilton corp. hotels like to get away with ....)

I can indeed report live from Amsterdam that a fresh can of tourists has been opened on every major street / attraction....
It is after all the tulip season + river boat season with a dash of sea cruise ships
https://tulipfestivalamsterdam.com/event/tulp-festival/
https://keukenhof.nl/nl/
&
https://sea.cruiseportamsterdam.com/cruise-calendar/
https://river.cruiseportamsterdam.com
And some fabulous rich :
https://www.uniworld.com/eu/search?q...erdam&type=all
It's not that crazy busy, Dutchies are still at normal work week
however most schools + government facilities wil have their holidays and off days during:
King's night, King's day, Labour day, Memorial day, Liberation day,
(between 26 April - 5 May)
so expect a more crowded Amsterdam during that period.

Sidenote:
Have a look at the hotel's increasing shrewdness
https://www.hyatt.com/andaz/amsaz-an...engracht/rooms
Spoiler

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 12, 2024 at 2:13 am
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:34 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
In situations like these were the benefit is guaranteed, when reaching out to the hotel, I phrase my request differently to sound more like as if I'm just having the courtesy to inform them of what I'm expecting (not that I'm Globalist, but IHG Ambassador or RA has similar guaranteed 4PM checkout at Intercontinental hotels).

I usually just mention something like this: "As Hyatt Globalist I wanted to let you know in advance that I plan to use the 4PM guaranteed check out for this stay in line with Hyatt T&Cs. Kindly take note of this for your planning purposes."

Along those lines. They may still disagree and cause a ruckus, but it is more of an FYI and not so much a request. Usually it works quite well that way, but as always YMMV.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by demue
In situations like these were the benefit is guaranteed, when reaching out to the hotel, I phrase my request differently to sound more like as if I'm just having the courtesy to inform them of what I'm expecting (not that I'm Globalist, but IHG Ambassador or RA has similar guaranteed 4PM checkout at Intercontinental hotels).

I usually just mention something like this: "As Hyatt Globalist I wanted to let you know in advance that I plan to use the 4PM guaranteed check out for this stay in line with Hyatt T&Cs. Kindly take note of this for your planning purposes."

Along those lines. They may still disagree and cause a ruckus, but it is more of an FYI and not so much a request. Usually it works quite well that way, but as always YMMV.
Completely agree with your suggestion & approach!
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by angel_yunjie

Andaz Amsterdam has always been fair and honest with late checkouts and upgrades and Globalist benefits (unlike other properties). Very likely that the agent didn’t read your email completely and missed that you were a Globalist. I would say no need to escalate this to anyone at this stage, you will 100% get late checkout once you’re onsite if you decide to use it. Never been an issue in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.