Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:05 pm

At the moment the website is allowing bookings from the end of June 2017 through to the end of December 2017.

The standard room rate (Park King or Queen) for July and August is $450 a night. On September 1st the rate jumps to $1,325 a night all the way through to the end of December 2017. That's $1,600+ including taxes and service fees. Doesn't seem right.

Points bookings at 30,000 a night seem to be widely available for most dates. I'd like to know the "real" cash rates to decide if this should be booked using cash or points.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Made a reservation for next year November. Still hopeful .
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold
Wow - this is incredibly disappointing. I sent several tweets and a couple calls and always got the - 'things remain on track for a timely opening'. Have flights booked and guess we now go back to the drawing board for Spring Break (early march).

Let's see how Hyatt proposes to make this right.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
I got the call today for my April reservations... pretty bummed, as PH St. Kitts was the entire reason my wife and I booked our trip there. We now have nonrefundable airfare...

The Hyatt rep with whom I spoke was cordial, but she was adamant that no compensation, per se, would be offered, but they would arrange alternate accommodations and pay for the room at said accommodations. Notably, my room was booked with points 30k per night. She did say that as a Diamond member, they would put us up in the Four Seasons which reminds me a lot of a dated but nice Sheraton or Hilton rather than your usual Four Seasons hotel. A four night stay at Hyatt's expense is appreciated, but then again, since I was using points for my stay AND I'd be receiving Diamond/Globalist/whatever benefits that I won't receive at the Four Seasons AND getting to stay a new, modern hotel, I'm pretty bummed.

They did not offer to pay change fees and postpone the reservation when I asked, as there is no planned opening date at this time, according the rep with whom I spoke.

Not sure what we're going to do, as I know my wife isn't going to want to stay at that Four Seasons... but we have the airfare booked already. My opinion is that Hyatt should A) offer points commensurate to the stay I originally booked in addition to providing change fees to the airfare OR B) offer lodging at the Four Seasons AND either a substantial amount of points or F&B credit at the Four Seasons.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by two_scoops
At the moment the website is allowing bookings from the end of June 2017 through to the end of December 2017.

The standard room rate (Park King or Queen) for July and August is $450 a night. On September 1st the rate jumps to $1,325 a night all the way through to the end of December 2017. That's $1,600+ including taxes and service fees. Doesn't seem right.

Points bookings at 30,000 a night seem to be widely available for most dates. I'd like to know the "real" cash rates to decide if this should be booked using cash or points.
I have the same question. I dont think they are going to charge $1000+ per room. The four seasons is way cheaper and the marriott next door is $100 same dates. The hotel looks good but not "maldives great". I would think one would pay $300 for this hotel
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by orca1114
I got the call today for my April reservations... pretty bummed, as PH St. Kitts was the entire reason my wife and I booked our trip there. We now have nonrefundable airfare...

The Hyatt rep with whom I spoke was cordial, but she was adamant that no compensation, per se, would be offered, but they would arrange alternate accommodations and pay for the room at said accommodations. Notably, my room was booked with points 30k per night. She did say that as a Diamond member, they would put us up in the Four Seasons which reminds me a lot of a dated but nice Sheraton or Hilton rather than your usual Four Seasons hotel. A four night stay at Hyatt's expense is appreciated, but then again, since I was using points for my stay AND I'd be receiving Diamond/Globalist/whatever benefits that I won't receive at the Four Seasons AND getting to stay a new, modern hotel, I'm pretty bummed.

They did not offer to pay change fees and postpone the reservation when I asked, as there is no planned opening date at this time, according the rep with whom I spoke.

Not sure what we're going to do, as I know my wife isn't going to want to stay at that Four Seasons... but we have the airfare booked already. My opinion is that Hyatt should A) offer points commensurate to the stay I originally booked in addition to providing change fees to the airfare OR B) offer lodging at the Four Seasons AND either a substantial amount of points or F&B credit at the Four Seasons.

I think giving you free accommodations at the Four Seasons sounds reasonable.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:00 pm

I have reservations for the first week of June. I specifically made my reservations several months after the opening date because of the Baha Mar fiasco.

When I called the hotel, they told me they are only canceling reservations for March and April (at this time). She said as of now, that is the schedule. I don't have any confidence that this situation won't eventually push out past June.

I have no desire whatsoever to stay at the Four Seasons. I booked the Park Hyatt because I want to stay at this hotel. For those who had their reservations canceled, I am amazed that the hotel would not offer a refund of airline change fees to keep their customers happy.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:08 pm

got me too

I was offered up to $1000 towards airfare cancellation/change fees. Just had to provide proof.

Originally Posted by dgross
I have reservations for the first week of June. I specifically made my reservations several months after the opening date because of the Baha Mar fiasco.

When I called the hotel, they told me they are only canceling reservations for March and April (at this time). She said as of now, that is the schedule. I don't have any confidence that this situation won't eventually push out past June.

I have no desire whatsoever to stay at the Four Seasons. I booked the Park Hyatt because I want to stay at this hotel. For those who had their reservations canceled, I am amazed that the hotel would not offer a refund of airline change fees to keep their customers happy.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I think giving you free accommodations at the Four Seasons sounds reasonable.
I don't think "free" means what you think it means.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by ucfGemini01
I was offered up to $1000 towards airfare cancellation/change fees. Just had to provide proof.

Was that reimbursement for a cancellation at the Park Hyatt St. Kitts? If so, that's great news. However, orca1114 posted he was told no reimbursement for airfare cancellation/change fees.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by orca1114

Are they at least refunding your points, or are they keeping the points and rebooking you? If latter, that is disappointing
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
Are they at least refunding your points, or are they keeping the points and rebooking you? If latter, that is disappointing
They are refunding the points. Which I really appreciate... but the thing is, Four Seasons has all kinds of taxes and fees (like $70 per night--I've stayed there before). Breakfast is about $60-70 per day for two people, as well. And at Hyatt, I'd have had no fees and taxes on award nights PLUS Diamond benefits of free breakfast, lounge, upgrade potential, etc. This Four Seasons is really not your typical Four Seasons, either. It's very dated and the service is not up to par with the other FS hotels at which I've stayed.

If Hyatt would offer to pay for my airfare change fees and give me, say enough points for a free night or two in the future as an apology for the inconvenience, I'd be glad to just change my reservations to when the hotel is actually open. But having us stay at an inferior, older hotel that's going to actually COST me more than what I'd have spent at PH (albeit, I would be saving boatload of Hyatt points), isn't really good enough, in my opinion.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:50 pm

Wait, when Hyatt offered to put us at the 4S, they meant free? As in free lunch, or as is no additional charge, beyond what you're paying us?

Meaning, if I had a revenue stay booked at PH, they meant that they'd put us up there without charging anything?

I never for a moment thought that, but if OP is saying that they're refunding all points and putting up at 4S gratis, then I can't see why a revenue booking would be different...?

Last edited by thexfactor; Nov 30, 2016 at 7:04 pm
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
i honestly think getting refunded 30,000 points a night, and only being out $70 in taxes and breakfast is really, really good.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by thexfactor
Wait, when Hyatt offered to put us at the 4S, they meant free? As in free lunch, or as is no additional charge, beyond what you're paying us?

Meaning, if I had a revenue stay booked at PH, they meant that they'd put us up there without charging anything?

I never for a moment thought that, but if OP is saying that they're refunding all points and putting up at 4S gratis, then I can't see why a revenue booking would be different...?
Calling it "free" is arguable... I see it as $140 per night for two people at a hotel I booked a few years ago for $300 per night via Amex FHR, with all the usual expected benefits.

The rep with whom I spoke said the offer you receive is based on your status. I would much prefer paid airfare change/cancellation fees and some points for the trouble so I can return when the PH is actually open. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.