Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ronbo83
My corporate rate gets down to $383 in October. Debating switching from my current points stay.
I cancelled my points stay and switched to citi prestige 4th night free... Points are worth more IMHO.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ronbo83
My corporate rate gets down to $383 in October. Debating switching from my current points stay.
I agree with Lotrbfme -- points are worth a more -- if you can get $383 it would not be a good use of points unless you are very points-rich. Additionally, points-only stays don't count toward requalification (really, really wish Hyatt would change that to be more like SPG, Hilton, etc.)

You have to take resort fees, taxes, etc. into account: Total $ / Total Points = Points per $

Everyone has their own value but I generally try to get at least 1.6-1.8 cents per point when doing redemptions. Hyatt frequently has sales where you can buy points for 1.8-1.9 cents so if you frequently get redemptions which exceed that, buying points may also be worth it.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:49 pm

Trying to find an email address for the hotel but nothing is listed on their site. Does anyone mind sharing an email of the person who had helped them with reservations, etc.? (Director of Rooms, GM, something along those lines.)

Thank you!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:37 pm

Looks like the earliest that you can book rooms is June 28th now. No telling if this will hold or continue to be pushed back.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by giddyforpoints
Looks like the earliest that you can book rooms is June 28th now. No telling if this will hold or continue to be pushed back.
It's been set at that date for 2-3 weeks if not longer. I have June 17-24 booked at a Marriott so periodically have been checking availability.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:15 am

It doesn't look like you can book anything online until September 1st now.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by daisydog123
It doesn't look like you can book anything online until September 1st now.
Ouch!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Wow, I never thought my October reservation would be in jeopardy until now. An update from Hyatt or this property would be nice.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:02 pm

I spoke to the Director of Sales today regarding my stay for Memorial Day weekend. He told me they are hopeful to open this spring/summer, but have stopped taking reservations until they have a firm date. He said my late May stay was still in good standing at this time.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
I spoke to the Director of Sales today regarding my stay for Memorial Day weekend. He told me they are hopeful to open this spring/summer, but have stopped taking reservations until they have a firm date. He said my late May stay was still in good standing at this time.
Thank you for the update!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:18 am
igw

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Very helpful - Thank you!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:26 am

I'll be there the same week and was told the same thing a couple weeks ago by the same person.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stopped taking reservations is never a good sign.... especially if it is done for several months. Hopefully they will do a partial opening to get things up and running.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:57 pm

Just got the call from Hyatt that they are cancelling all May reservations. Got the same offer as other Diamonds; 4 Seasons, breakfast, transportation.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:43 pm

I still have a July stay planned....anyone else in the same boat as me?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.