FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:39 pm
orca1114

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
Are they at least refunding your points, or are they keeping the points and rebooking you? If latter, that is disappointing
They are refunding the points. Which I really appreciate... but the thing is, Four Seasons has all kinds of taxes and fees (like $70 per night--I've stayed there before). Breakfast is about $60-70 per day for two people, as well. And at Hyatt, I'd have had no fees and taxes on award nights PLUS Diamond benefits of free breakfast, lounge, upgrade potential, etc. This Four Seasons is really not your typical Four Seasons, either. It's very dated and the service is not up to par with the other FS hotels at which I've stayed.

If Hyatt would offer to pay for my airfare change fees and give me, say enough points for a free night or two in the future as an apology for the inconvenience, I'd be glad to just change my reservations to when the hotel is actually open. But having us stay at an inferior, older hotel that's going to actually COST me more than what I'd have spent at PH (albeit, I would be saving boatload of Hyatt points), isn't really good enough, in my opinion.