Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Has anyone requested/been offered accomodations at an alternate Hyatt? Thinking Andaz in Maui or Mayakoba would be similarly nice and stay in the Hyatt family.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Has anyone requested/been offered accomodations at an alternate Hyatt? Thinking Andaz in Maui or Mayakoba would be similarly nice and stay in the Hyatt family.
You could always try to negotiate something like that. However, why not just take a refund (if prepaid or pts) or cancel without penalty, and then book whatever hotel you prefer?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:28 pm

I guess I don't understand why they are treating the award and cash bookings differently. For awards, people basically get four seasons for free, with the points refunded. For cash, not so much.

Is it because of the logistics, as they can't do anything with the points anyway?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I still have a July stay planned....anyone else in the same boat as me?

I also have a stay planned in July as well. I was hoping to use a DSU here, now just hoping it opens. Outlook not good.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:32 am

Have June reservations been contacted?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:47 am

I have a cash reservation the first week of June. I haven't been contacted.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:54 pm

Availability pulled?

Looks like they pulled much of the availability. Looking at dates in late Nov. Saw plenty of options a few days ago. Now, nothing. Globalist phone agent couldn't find anything either. Hopefully it's a website glitch rather than some other issue.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, I stupidly tried to switch my booking over to my Prestige card without checking if the website had stopped reservations for my stay in October (honeymoon, no less). Nothing GP/WoH could do to reinstate my reservation, so double check before making any changes, people! The Prestige team, though, was able to book a similar rate at the Four Seasons with Virtuoso benefits using 4th night free, so I guess all's well that ends well.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:43 am

I was all set to book C&P for next jan, but noticed a 90 day cancellation policy. That's too long for me...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:05 pm

I have a points res in June and no contact either.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I also have a reservation in June. I spoke to the GM and he said he'd know within the next few weeks the status. It could be ready but could not. He will reach back out to me and I'll report back on the forum.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold
Report on Stay at Four Seasons

Thought I would post a brief report post-stay at the FS Nevis courtesy of Hyatt.

Logistical Stuff: The direct bill to the Hyatt went off flawlessly; I e-mailed Hyatt the week before the stay and they said I would not have any issues and they were correct. All I got was the (large) bill for Spa Services, meals, and other stuff. It is a FS after all.
Ferry: E-mail them a few days/week in advance with all your information so they schedule it. I found it odd that I had to actively reach out versus them reaching out to me, maybe they didn't have all my information (I had created a FS account and added this reservation). The ride over was actually pretty fun - we all enjoyed it (do it during the day so you can see everything). And as you get close to the Boat Dock (from the Airport) you see the signs for Christophe Harbor where the PH is being built! Didn't actually see the property or I would have shared pics.

Property: Very solid overall but really the right word for the place is 'tired' - I saw others use this word on Tripadvisor and I think it is accurate. Absolutely zero complaints about the place given my daily rate (of zero) - but at $900+ per night ....

Restaurants: Mangoes (onsite) was very underwhelming for dinner; the included breakfast at Coral Grill was really good (Make sure you sit on the patio when available of course). Must-Try offsite: Bananas, all of us including the kids (8, 10) loved it. Expect any meal at one of the nicer places to run you about $225 for 4 (1 adult beverage per adult). There are 4 places offsite that are within a 5 min. walk on the beach (going south - so walk past the adult pool) - we really enjoyed the 2 we tried.

Stuff to do: We loved the Golf Course/Monkey Tour the FS offers (complimentary) - we did it twice (2nd time while my wife was at the spa). Great views of the property and the ocean, the monkeys were cool too. The kids just loved being in the golf carts. We did a 3 hour island tour through the FS ($80) and really enjoyed it. I think the 2 hour version would actually work well for a lot of folks. My wife is a history buff so we had to make sure she was happy (the kids were almost asleep at the end). It was easy to schedule - we just walked up at 11:00a.m. on a day that seemed a bit rainy and by Noon we were in the Taxi.

Beach: Was absolutely lovely and rather exclusive. Very much a highlight of the property.

Service: Was really decent. The folks on the island seem genuinely warm and nice.

Random Fact: They have washers and dryers in every cottage (and detergent + dryer sheets). I loved this since I could pack a little less.

Bottom Line: Really well done by Hyatt, I still want to return to the PH St. Kitts when they open! Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread it was so helpful to me; hope this is helpful as you plan your visits.

Last edited by jbhattac; Mar 12, 2017 at 11:10 am
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by frankhi
I was all set to book C&P for next jan, but noticed a 90 day cancellation policy. That's too long for me...
Just saw this today when I was considering booking. 90 days, really? Seems a bit excessive. Do any other Hyatt hotels come close to this? Feel like the most I've ever seen is 72 hours.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:58 pm

question about the room

Originally Posted by jbhattac
Thought I would post a brief report post-stay at the FS Nevis courtesy of Hyatt.

Logistical Stuff: The direct bill to the Hyatt went off flawlessly; I e-mailed Hyatt the week before the stay and they said I would not have any issues and they were correct. All I got was the (large) bill for Spa Services, meals, and other stuff. It is a FS after all.
Ferry: E-mail them a few days/week in advance with all your information so they schedule it. I found it odd that I had to actively reach out versus them reaching out to me, maybe they didn't have all my information (I had created a FS account and added this reservation). The ride over was actually pretty fun - we all enjoyed it (do it during the day so you can see everything). And as you get close to the Boat Dock (from the Airport) you see the signs for Christophe Harbor where the PH is being built! Didn't actually see the property or I would have shared pics.

Property: Very solid overall but really the right word for the place is 'tired' - I saw others use this word on Tripadvisor and I think it is accurate. Absolutely zero complaints about the place given my daily rate (of zero) - but at $900+ per night ....

Restaurants: Mangoes (onsite) was very underwhelming for dinner; the included breakfast at Coral Grill was really good (Make sure you sit on the patio when available of course). Must-Try offsite: Bananas, all of us including the kids (8, 10) loved it. Expect any meal at one of the nicer places to run you about $225 for 4 (1 adult beverage per adult). There are 4 places offsite that are within a 5 min. walk on the beach (going south - so walk past the adult pool) - we really enjoyed the 2 we tried.

Stuff to do: We loved the Golf Course/Monkey Tour the FS offers (complimentary) - we did it twice (2nd time while my wife was at the spa). Great views of the property and the ocean, the monkeys were cool too. The kids just loved being in the golf carts. We did a 3 hour island tour through the FS ($80) and really enjoyed it. I think the 2 hour version would actually work well for a lot of folks. My wife is a history buff so we had to make sure she was happy (the kids were almost asleep at the end). It was easy to schedule - we just walked up at 11:00a.m. on a day that seemed a bit rainy and by Noon we were in the Taxi.

Beach: Was absolutely lovely and rather exclusive. Very much a highlight of the property.

Service: Was really decent. The folks on the island seem genuinely warm and nice.

Random Fact: They have washers and dryers in every cottage (and detergent + dryer sheets). I loved this since I could pack a little less.

Bottom Line: Really well done by Hyatt, I still want to return to the PH St. Kitts when they open! Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread it was so helpful to me; hope this is helpful as you plan your visits.
Thank you for letting us know all of this!
I also have kids that are 8 and 10, I am curious about the room size. Was it big enough for all four of you, or was it cozy? Do the kids have to sleep on a fold out sofa?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold
Good question about the beds with 2 kids - It was definitely very Cozy since they were Double beds. There was a Sleeper that they kept pulling out and making each night (till we left a note saying Please Don't) but nobody wanted to sleep on it. By night 3 - we had one kid in bed with each parent . 2 adults in the same (double) bed left us both feeling like we were about to fall off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.