Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by orca1114
Anyone else heard anything? My (already rescheduled once, since we were originally booked in April) stay is at the end of July, and we haven't heard anything. Maybe no news is good news? If it's a no-go, I'd like to get moving on alternate vacation plans ASAP...

My stay was also in the end of July, I was contacted after I emailed them and asked if they were going to open. I would suggest calling or emailing the park hyatt st kitts. He said they will not open until October. My options were similar to the above. However, I was a lot more upset then the guy above. I imagine since this is already a rebooked stay you will be even more upset than I am.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:10 pm

Anyone else heard anything? My (already rescheduled once, since we were originally booked in April) stay is at the end of July, and we haven't heard anything. Maybe no news is good news? If it's a no-go, I'd like to get moving on alternate vacation plans ASAP...
They won't be open, they are opening in November, did you reach out to the manager?
Old May 12, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by cayann26
My stay was also in the end of July, I was contacted after I emailed them and asked if they were going to open. I would suggest calling or emailing the park hyatt st kitts. He said they will not open until October. My options were similar to the above. However, I was a lot more upset then the guy above. I imagine since this is already a rebooked stay you will be even more upset than I am.
Disappointed and frustrated are the right words rather than upset. We rescheduled instead of traveling to Four Seasons because we really wanted to experience PH St. Kitts. And it's kind of a slap in the face that they won't let you travel during the December break (or would propose subbing the Andaz Myakoba, which is half the amount of points), as that is indeed our next time off from work. Now we'd be looking at moving our trip to 2018 at this point. Sigh.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
They won't be open, they are opening in November, did you reach out to the manager?
Yeah, I emailed Mr. Guthrie about two weeks ago. No response yet. I guess I can reach out again. He had helped me reschedule my trip from April in January under agreeable terms, given the situation. Now that we're looking at a second reschedule, we're pretty frustrated. Maybe we'll go to PH Maldives again instead, but the flights will probably be outrageous at this point, and who knows if there will be points rooms available since they're renovating that property. I think the PH St. Kitts GM used to be the GM at Hadahaa, so maybe he can pull some strings... Or maybe we could go back to Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall. It's a lot easier to make flight arrangements to MBJ than to MLE at this point. We'll see--just thinking aloud!

Should I contact someone else instead? Can someone PM me their point person?

Last edited by orca1114; May 12, 2017 at 11:49 pm Reason: proofreading error
Old May 13, 2017, 9:48 am

Yeah, I emailed Mr. Guthrie about two weeks ago. No response yet. I guess I can reach out again. He had helped me reschedule my trip from April in January under agreeable terms, given the situation. Now that we're looking at a second reschedule, we're pretty frustrated. Maybe we'll go to PH Maldives again instead, but the flights will probably be outrageous at this point, and who knows if there will be points rooms available since they're renovating that property. I think the PH St. Kitts GM used to be the GM at Hadahaa, so maybe he can pull some strings... Or maybe we could go back to Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall. It's a lot easier to make flight arrangements to MBJ than to MLE at this point. We'll see--just thinking aloud!

Should I contact someone else instead? Can someone PM me their point person?
It's in dealswelike's post. Mr Pullido
Old May 14, 2017, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
It's in dealswelike's post. Mr Pullido
Sent an email to him today. Thanks... I think it's Pulido with one L, since I got a bounceback when I sent it to adrian.pullido, but no bounceback when I sent it to adrian.pulido. We'll see what happens!
Old May 14, 2017, 9:41 pm

Sent an email to him today. Thanks... I think it's Pulido with one L, since I got a bounceback when I sent it to adrian.pullido, but no bounceback when I sent it to adrian.pulido. We'll see what happens!
Dealswelike provided the address. It's [email protected]

They contacted me from that address.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:54 pm

Anyone know what is options for booking with points? Are there free night options as well? I have a reservation for the beginning of July and has not been contacted. Thanks.
Old May 19, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by mebluemouse
Anyone know what is options for booking with points? Are there free night options as well? I have a reservation for the beginning of July and has not been contacted. Thanks.
Mine was with points... two free nights was an option.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by cayann26
Mine was with points... two free nights was an option.
Anyone has be able to negotiate one more free night on points?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:16 pm

Just stayed at the 4S on Nevis a week or two ago courtesy of Hyatt. The 4S was great and I'm really glad we got to stay on Nevis. The Hyatt still looks like it has a ways to go and aesthetically it doesn't look all that great right now. I spoke to a few people about it while we were on St Kitts and they all said November opening is "doable". None of them had true inside info but they all knew someone "working there" giving them the lowdown.

Last edited by MNHunter; Jun 13, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by MNHunter
Just stayed at the 4S on Nevis a week or two ago courtesy of Hyatt. The 4S was great and I'm really glad we got to stay on Nevis. The Hyatt still looks like it has a ways to go and aesthetically it doesn't look all that great right now. I spoke to a few people about it while we were on St Kitts and they all said November opening is "doable". None of them had true inside info but they all knew someone "working there" giving them the lowdown.
Boy i sure hope they haven't screwed me here. I moved my vacation from July to November and booked tickets. If they reschedule again i will be livid.

I just heard back from their GM - fast response! He said they were scheduled to open in October actually and that they were confident about hitting that date.

Last edited by ZBigFam; Jun 13, 2017 at 3:30 pm
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:50 am

I am scheduled for early Feb 2018 at the Park Hyatt. Which sounds like it should go off without issue but who knows.

I would take a switch to the Four seasons to avoid trying to reschedule flights and all.

I wish someone would post current pics of the resort. Would be nice to see what it currently looks like.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:41 pm

http://www.pmichk.com/article/park-h...pdate-20170526

http://www.rangestkitts.com/gallery/...-31may2017.php

These are about a month old and it looks closer to ready then a lot of people have suggested. 4 months out to opening looks totally feasible I would think.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by NatasNJ
http://www.pmichk.com/article/park-h...pdate-20170526

http://www.rangestkitts.com/gallery/...-31may2017.php

These are about a month old and it looks closer to ready then a lot of people have suggested. 4 months out to opening looks totally feasible I would think.
https://youtu.be/GQbmLWnlxDE
https://youtu.be/GQbmLWnlxDE

Here's a link to a video from a couple weeks back. Still a lot of work to do, but coming along nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.