Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Also does anyone have an email address for Richard or anyone at the hotel I can ask regarding a potential upgrade in advance? Thank you.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:18 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is an upsell from the Ocean View Suite to PP Rooftop suite worth an extra $200+ per night? All I see is a slightly larger deck not much more living space.

Also what are the transportation options from Airport to the hotel?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Is an upsell from the Ocean View Suite to PP Rooftop suite worth an extra $200+ per night? All I see is a slightly larger deck not much more living space.

I'd probably say so, that's a really good room but maybe try for even the larger suites? Did you get offered that before check in automatically or did you reach out to inquire about a further upgrade?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:00 am

got the upsell for $150 a night in the plunge pool and $250 a night in the plunge pool deluxe. 2 adults 2 kids, is it worth the extra $ for the deluxe?
penthouse was $1000 a night !
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select

It was for me, but thats because it was my honey moon and we told everyone we had a "private pool". My wife was very happy we did that.

The question is - do you want your own private pool to relax in? My wife personally loved it during the 5-7pm period when we left the main pool, but wanted to chill before dinner
Old Feb 16, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: Globalist
Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw
any recs on baby sitters? would strongly prefer not to go through the hotel at 80/hr with 3 hour min
I wanted to ask how the babysitting went for you? Did you find any alternatives? Were you happy with them? Also, if you did the pool suite would you recommend with an almost two year old? Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boston Paulie
I wanted to ask how the babysitting went for you? Did you find any alternatives? Were you happy with them? Also, if you did the pool suite would you recommend with an almost two year old? Thanks
Having stayed here last month, I personally wouldn’t do a pool suite with a toddler.
Boston Paulie likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Just checked in an ver unimpressed so far

Have booked 2 rooms penthouse suite + connecting ocean view as a globalist + hyatt prive. Total of 5 of us, 2 parents and a child in the suite, 2 teens in the connecting.

it was a mess at arrival. We unloaded our luggage and were asked to leave it there and move our car so not to block entrance so we did but luggage was not tagged. In the 3 mins it took they had lost a piece (small one with all valuables/ computers etc) - no one cared to look for it. Finally found isolated in a corner of the staff area 20 mins later. Completely not clear how that happened.

at check in were told that breakfast benefit would only apply to 4 of us. We have 2 rooms with hyatt prive and globalist so not sure how this works (at the minimum hyatt prive should cover one room and globalist the second with all registered guests).

we also received the rooms at 4pm and 5 pm (after having been told they were just due for inspection. In reality cleaning was rushed like crazy. In the first room we received there was pubic hair all over the bathroom, a pair of sunglasses on the floor and dirty towels on the terrasse. Not sure what they consider cleaning and inspection but result isnt great to say the least.

hotel also appears stingy. They have obviously replaced the small amenity bottles with big reusable ones but as a result you have one per room. Want to take a bath? Have to move the bottle over. Only small amenity is a small body lotion but it comes with a note that if you take it they will charge you 55$? Tone is just wrong.

obviously no welcome note or amenities for anyone (i thiught it was hyatt prive thing not that i care) and hard to get bottles of water. None of this is important but it just feels stingy. The loss of luggage and dirty room (second one was ok) are just on the other hand unacceptable.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by TheHak
Have booked 2 rooms penthouse suite + connecting ocean view as a globalist + hyatt prive. Total of 5 of us, 2 parents and a child in the suite, 2 teens in the connecting.

it was a mess at arrival. We unloaded our luggage and were asked to leave it there and move our car so not to block entrance so we did but luggage was not tagged. In the 3 mins it took they had lost a piece (small one with all valuables/ computers etc) - no one cared to look for it. Finally found isolated in a corner of the staff area 20 mins later. Completely not clear how that happened.

at check in were told that breakfast benefit would only apply to 4 of us. We have 2 rooms with hyatt prive and globalist so not sure how this works (at the minimum hyatt prive should cover one room and globalist the second with all registered guests).

we also received the rooms at 4pm and 5 pm (after having been told they were just due for inspection. In reality cleaning was rushed like crazy. In the first room we received there was pubic hair all over the bathroom, a pair of sunglasses on the floor and dirty towels on the terrasse. Not sure what they consider cleaning and inspection but result isnt great to say the least.

hotel also appears stingy. They have obviously replaced the small amenity bottles with big reusable ones but as a result you have one per room. Want to take a bath? Have to move the bottle over. Only small amenity is a small body lotion but it comes with a note that if you take it they will charge you 55$? Tone is just wrong.

obviously no welcome note or amenities for anyone (i thiught it was hyatt prive thing not that i care) and hard to get bottles of water. None of this is important but it just feels stingy. The loss of luggage and dirty room (second one was ok) are just on the other hand unacceptable.

I am a Globalist and checked in yesterday also, in PP Suite, moving to Penthouse tomorrow. the PP suite is kind of small for a Premium suite, also not sure how your mattress is but my back hurt big time this morning!

Agreed on rushed housekeeping, found half used bottles of Body lotion in bathroom, also you are right hotel is stingy, no welcome gift (nuts, fruits, wine) for a Globalist.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 7:21 am

I am a Globalist and checked in yesterday also, in PP Suite, moving to Penthouse tomorrow. the PP suite is kind of small for a Premium suite, also not sure how your mattress is but my back hurt big time this morning!

Agreed on rushed housekeeping, found half used bottles of Body lotion in bathroom, also you are right hotel is stingy, no welcome gift (nuts, fruits, wine) for a Globalist.
I'd be curious to hear both the PP thoughts after your stay has concluded - please come back and keep us posted. This hotel has been on my family's radar for a long time but am concerned it isn't worth the cost or effort to get there.
Boston Paulie likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by slariz
I'd be curious to hear both the PP thoughts after your stay has concluded - please come back and keep us posted. This hotel has been on my family's radar for a long time but am concerned it isn't worth the cost or effort to get there.
DC is not so bad we made the long journey from SF!
Old Feb 20, 2023, 10:55 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
DC is not so bad we made the long journey from SF!
and we made it from ZRH
Old Feb 20, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Moving to the penthouse as part of a free or paid upgrade?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Thanks for your initial thoughts so far, please update after conclusion of stay! We have a 7 night stay coming up and could shift elsewhere depending on your reports.
wb2020 and Boston Paulie like this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
Thanks for your initial thoughts so far, please update after conclusion of stay! We have a 7 night stay coming up and could shift elsewhere depending on your reports.
We've got 5 nights coming up as well. There seem to be really polarizing reviews of this property so I'm a bit nervous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.