Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pointsloop
thats unusual. We are here again for my wife’s birthday and they left us a huge choco cake in our room with a bottle of red wine. That’s on top of an upgrade to Nevis Suite.

we’ve only eaten breakfast and the Saturday night buffet. So far the food has been great. All you can eat lobster for $65 is a steal for someone who can eat a lot of rock lobster.

don’t really eat lunch. Just snacks from stores we picked up

rest of the time we eat at spice mill.

We did the chefs table dinner last year and it was fantastic and we will do it again this year. Not only is the food great but it’s a great value for what you get. A private dinner in the kitchen.
LOL, now I’m even more frustrated. Not only did we not get any of that, they charged us $50/night for an upgrade to a junior suite. Now I feel like I have a kick me sign on my back this stay. I said something to the front desk this morning and they apologized and said they would send some cake to the room, but that was before I knew about the Nevis upgrade and bottle of wine. Oh well, grin and bear it. Also, I haven’t seen any offers for private dining. Normally we would jump at something like that but haven’t seen if it’s even being offered. Our dinner the other night in the great house got overwhelmed by a graduation party from the local veterinary school. The positives are the wonderful staff and the grounds are beautiful & tranquil in the off season!
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
LOL, now I’m even more frustrated. Not only did we not get any of that, they charged us $50/night for an upgrade to a junior suite. Now I feel like I have a kick me sign on my back this stay. I said something to the front desk this morning and they apologized and said they would send some cake to the room, but that was before I knew about the Nevis upgrade and bottle of wine. Oh well, grin and bear it. Also, I haven’t seen any offers for private dining. Normally we would jump at something like that but haven’t seen if it’s even being offered. Our dinner the other night in the great house got overwhelmed by a graduation party from the local veterinary school. The positives are the wonderful staff and the grounds are beautiful & tranquil in the off season!
did you book the prive rate with Crusio? That’s what we did.

also we are repeats. Last year we got upgraded to the executive suite with a pool, but just Nevis this time.

I would gladly give you our bottle of wine. Local rum is so good, no time to drink the wine.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
regarding the chefs table meal, it is in the pdf info that the concierge sends prior to your arrival. I think it’s in page 7 or so.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:40 pm

I’m here right now exactly a year since last time.

one big change is that breakfast is all al a cart. No buffet. Not sure if this is a off season thing or not.

low season

hotel about 25% full

weather is fantastic

pool is warm

rent car from thrifty. It’s the only car rental located AT the airport. also very nice guys won’t try to sell you insurance you don’t need.

you do not have to buy the $25 driving permit if you bring your international drivers permit from AAA.
I have a stay coming up in January and was just curious what kind of car you ended up with. I have a reservation with both Hertz and Thrifty but would prefer to go with Thrifty since they are on airport. Also what was the pick up process like, if you don't mind. Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
I have a stay coming up in January and was just curious what kind of car you ended up with. I have a reservation with both Hertz and Thrifty but would prefer to go with Thrifty since they are on airport. Also what was the pick up process like, if you don't mind. Thanks.
I got a 2019 Toyota compact hatchback. Very easy rental process. No hard sell on any up charge.

when you get out of the terminal, make a right and go into the departure building. And go all the way to the right and it’s a last little office room.

i paid about $50 a day.

also you can get a free car in Nevis when you rent from thrifty. Just give them notice on when you will be in Nevis.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:10 pm

I got a 2019 Toyota compact hatchback. Very easy rental process. No hard sell on any up charge.

when you get out of the terminal, make a right and go into the departure building. And go all the way to the right and it’s a last little office room.

i paid about $50 a day.

also you can get a free car in Nevis when you rent from thrifty. Just give them notice on when you will be in Nevis.
I didn’t know about the Nevis options. That’s awesome. Thanks for the reply.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:11 pm

Keep in mind, you drive on the left side here and the steering wheel will be on the right side.

It only takes about 1.5 gallons of gas (compact car) to drive around St. Kitts.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
I’m just back from Park Hyatt St. Kitts and had a fantastic stay at this resort. Here are some of my photos and a few things I loved most:

- Spectacular and unobstructed views of the sparkling Caribbean Sea and island neighbor of Nevis. The focal point is beautiful Nevis Peak: lush, vividly green, and rising 3,232 feet from sea level. Morning sunrises are beautiful and worth getting up early for.
- The food was consistently excellent and I loved the focus on local ingredients and freshly caught seafood, island-inspired menus, gorgeous preparation and presentation, and eclectic international twist.
- I loved the beachy contemporary interiors. The spacious rooms and suites have white shiplap walls, rain-showers with fabulous blue ombre subway tiles, soaking tubs, and private outdoor terraces with sea views.
- There’s so much to do when visiting PH St Kitts: Miraval Spa for a wide assortment of treatments, yoga and fitness, ocean activities and non-motorized water sports, two fabulous pools for swimming and lounging, rum tasting, rainforest and volcano hikes, ATV tours, zip lining, day trips to Nevis, golf, boat charters, and more.
- The Island Fort kids’ club is complimentary for kids between the ages of 3 - 12.
- Don’t miss SALT Plage for incredible sunsets and cocktails. It’s about 10 minutes from the resort by taxi.

This resort is perfect for couples and honeymooners during the quieter months, and a great choice for families during the holidays and Spring Break :-)
Attached Images          
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:46 am

Family of 5 considering this property for spring break. I know it's peak season but what is the best bang for buck for a 4N stay? I am ok paying cash (plus hyatt points, ideally) for an entry level suite as long as resort credits, breakfasts, 4N free and other ancillary benefits are there. What is the best recommendation as to how to book? Cannot book a suite online with C&P - cash only. Is it because it's peak season? Feedback welcome.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Family of 5 considering this property for spring break. I know it's peak season but what is the best bang for buck for a 4N stay? I am ok paying cash (plus hyatt points, ideally) for an entry level suite as long as resort credits, breakfasts, 4N free and other ancillary benefits are there. What is the best recommendation as to how to book? Cannot book a suite online with C&P - cash only. Is it because it's peak season? Feedback welcome.
C&P is generally only for the base level rooms (no premium rooms, no suites).

I'd suggest finding a Prive agent to see if they have any deals or options for a suite. Are you globalist? TSU should apply and you can just book the cheapest room available.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
So as of right now, the current Prive offer for next spring is a 5th night free with a $100 credit. So if you could stay 1 additional night, you would get the 5th night free.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
So as of right now, the current Prive offer for next spring is a 5th night free with a $100 credit. So if you could stay 1 additional night, you would get the 5th night free.
thanks. I’m not a globalist so I won’t be able to get an upgrade cert. for the $100 credit, is that per day? No breakfast in that prive offer?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
thanks. I’m not a globalist so I won’t be able to get an upgrade cert. for the $100 credit, is that per day? No breakfast in that prive offer?
It's a one time $100 resort credit and yes, Prive rates include breakfast for two daily, the 1 category confirmed upgrade and welcome amenity.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:46 pm

Other than the Presidential Villa, I'm not sure any of the suites can accommodate a family of 5. I believe they all have King beds. The sofa in our Nevis Peak Suite was not a sofa bed, and 3 roll-aways would be a challenge in that space.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by DealDetective
Other than the Presidential Villa, I'm not sure any of the suites can accommodate a family of 5. I believe they all have King beds. The sofa in our Nevis Peak Suite was not a sofa bed, and 3 roll-aways would be a challenge in that space.
Hmm, even the exec suite? I guess sofa beds aren't a thing with these suites!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.