Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Heading there on the 30th. As far as pre-departure testing, use https://www.vaulthealth.com/covid

They are super reliable - order the tests now, UPS them out on the 23rd or 24th and you should be OK.
Thank you! Are you sure they allow self-testing? I think so, but just verifying. Language on their website:

“Submission of a negative COVID-19 Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain reaction Laboratory Based Molecular Test (RT-PCR Test) done within 72 hours of travel at an ISO 17025/CLIA accredited laboratory.”

The biggest problem is that if I send on the 24th AM (72 hours before), it won’t arrive until the 28th at earliest since 25th is a holiday and 26/27 are weekends.

Last edited by callmedtop; Dec 6, 2020 at 9:23 am
Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Thank you! Are you sure they allow self-testing? I think so, but just verifying. Language on their website:

“Submission of a negative COVID-19 Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain reaction Laboratory Based Molecular Test (RT-PCR Test) done within 72 hours of travel at an ISO 17025/CLIA accredited laboratory.”

The biggest problem is that if I send on the 24th AM (72 hours before), it won’t arrive until the 28th at earliest since 25th is a holiday and 26/27 are weekends.
The test fits the bill for the above requirement.

Id call/email Vault. They are responsive. I think they receive deliveries on Saturdays and work thru the weekend but I'd check with them directly.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
The test fits the bill for the above requirement.

Id call/email Vault. They are responsive. I think they receive deliveries on Saturdays and work thru the weekend but I'd check with them directly.
FYI for anyone else traveling:

Are COVID-19 at Home PCR kit test results acceptable?
No. Only RT-PCR tests administered by a medical professional and from an accredited lab are acceptable.

https://www.stkittstourism.kn/travel-requirements
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Had an amazing stay here in February 2020 (pre-pandemic) and had planned a trip in March 2021 which were excited about.

We have a 2.5 year old daughter and for our planned 5 day visit we had hoped to hire a babysitter for 4 half days (2 x morning and 2 x afternoon and evening)

But were shocked to learn that the Park Hyatt charges $80 USD per hour for babysitting service. This seems unreasonably high. I called around a number of other luxury Caribbean hotels and found nobody close to this price point. Most were either $20 or $25.

I checked with

Round Hill Jamaica
Aman Turks & Caikos
Ritz Carlton Cancun
and a few others

Kind of shocked they're this high.

They also don't allow you to hire an outside babysitter (due to COVID protocols - which I understand).

Last edited by griffingrowl; Feb 24, 2021 at 8:56 am
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Had an amazing stay here in February 2020 (pre-pandemic) and had planned a trip in March 2021 which were excited about.

We have a 25 year old daughter and for our planned 5 day visit we had hoped to hire a babysitter for 4 half days (2 x morning and 2 x afternoon and evening)

But were shocked to learn that the Park Hyatt charges $80 USD per hour for babysitting service. This seems unreasonably high. I called around a number of other luxury Caribbean hotels and found nobody close to this price point. Most were either $20 or $25.

I checked with

Round Hill Jamaica
Aman Turks & Caikos
Ritz Carlton Cancun
and a few others

They also don't allow you to hire an outside babysitter (due to COVID protocols - which I understand).
25 seems kind of old for a babysitter!
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
25 seems kind of old for a babysitter!
Fixed the typo
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:24 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Pre-Covid the rates were between 22 and 44$ per hour depending on # of children. I haven't seen this type of increase at other resorts but I assume employees who provided the service in the past refused unless their pay was dramatically increased

Last edited by ABG; Feb 24, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:28 pm

Thanks @ABG this is a great data point
Old Mar 15, 2021, 6:19 pm

Does anyone have any recent experience particularly with the COVID protocols?

This one in particular: “Pool area (Reservations required, maximum of 50 minutes, Masks required, One family/bubble at a time)”.

It seems to indicate the pool has limited accessibility, which is strange to me considering you can’t leave the resort. Anyone with first hand experience?
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Does anyone have any recent experience particularly with the COVID protocols?

This one in particular: “Pool area (Reservations required, maximum of 50 minutes, Masks required, One family/bubble at a time)”.

It seems to indicate the pool has limited accessibility, which is strange to me considering you can’t leave the resort. Anyone with first hand experience?
To answer my own question from my concierge: ". Apologies from the hotel, the website has not been updated. They have recently gone to "social distancing" at the pool, so reservations are no longer required and there are no time limits."
tigerwong likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
To answer my own question from my concierge: ". Apologies from the hotel, the website has not been updated. They have recently gone to "social distancing" at the pool, so reservations are no longer required and there are no time limits."
Was there in mid Feb for a little less than a week. Amazing stay and worth every penny. Occupancy was predominately taken up by some film crew who aren't allowed to leave their rooms so you get run of the resort to yourself. For the first two nights there were maybe 2-3 other couples on the property. Over the weekend it was maybe 10... We were the only ones at the adult pool the entire trip. Service was still excellent. The only negative was that they only had one of the restaurants (rotated each night) open. I feel like this is understandable given how low the occupancy was that could actually leave their room.

Tips:
-Don't pay extra for a plunge pool suite as I have a feeling the occupancy that can actually leave their room will still be very low. We were in an ocean view suite and it was perfect.
-Tasting menu at Stone Barn was the highlight of the trip with regards to food.
-They had a V-day tasting menu at Great house which was also excellent.
-Happy hour at Fishermans village is good - ceviche and Bollinger (skip dinner here though - most of the dinner food was very heavy/fried).
-Make sure they actually reimburse you for your departure COVID tests (had a few back and forths with them about this via email).
-Make gym bookings on arrival for the week if you are into that. You get the whole gym to yourself and its actually a nice gym.
-Prep your significant other that the beach is kind of crappy (we're not beach people so it wasn't a big deal).

Will absolutely return especially given how close it is to the US. With Nevis in the background of the resort, you actually feel like you are in a different country (rather than Florida or California...). If it weren't for COVID, I don't think my wife and I would have ever traveled here. Dare I say finding this place is one of the few positives out the last year with regards to travel.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mbmd

Will absolutely return especially given how close it is to the US. With Nevis in the background of the resort, you actually feel like you are in a different country (rather than Florida or California...). If it weren't for COVID, I don't think my wife and I would have ever traveled here. Dare I say finding this place is one of the few positives out the last year with regards to travel.
This is an awesome review. We visited in the summer of 2018 and I was optimistic that it would only get better with time. That’s great to hear that you had a good stay even with the pandemic!
Old Mar 17, 2021, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mbmd
Was there in mid Feb for a little less than a week. Amazing stay and worth every penny. Occupancy was predominately taken up by some film crew who aren't allowed to leave their rooms so you get run of the resort to yourself. For the first two nights there were maybe 2-3 other couples on the property. Over the weekend it was maybe 10... We were the only ones at the adult pool the entire trip. Service was still excellent. The only negative was that they only had one of the restaurants (rotated each night) open. I feel like this is understandable given how low the occupancy was that could actually leave their room.

Tips:
-Don't pay extra for a plunge pool suite as I have a feeling the occupancy that can actually leave their room will still be very low. We were in an ocean view suite and it was perfect.
-Tasting menu at Stone Barn was the highlight of the trip with regards to food.
-They had a V-day tasting menu at Great house which was also excellent.
-Happy hour at Fishermans village is good - ceviche and Bollinger (skip dinner here though - most of the dinner food was very heavy/fried).
-Make sure they actually reimburse you for your departure COVID tests (had a few back and forths with them about this via email).
-Make gym bookings on arrival for the week if you are into that. You get the whole gym to yourself and its actually a nice gym.
-Prep your significant other that the beach is kind of crappy (we're not beach people so it wasn't a big deal).

Thanks for the great update. We actually visited in late Jan 2020 right before the world stopped and are excited to go back. Its a beautiful island even if the beach right in front of the hotel is nothing special. You weren't able to, but if you walk down out of the hotel less than a mile there is a great beach with some local beach bars next time you visit.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Is UA expected to start service back to SKB/NEV again anytime soon?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:44 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Is UA expected to start service back to SKB/NEV again anytime soon?
Maybe ask this question here United Airlines | MileagePlus - FlyerTalk Forums

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.